prologue;

30 Minutes

“Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise.”

The image of a certain someone that was clouding my mind throughout the song fades away as applauds and cheers from the fans ring on my ears.

This moment, we finish performing Angel; I pant a little, smiling and waving to the crowd as Junmyeon-hyung motions us to bow, before exiting the stage. Even if almost a year has passed from our debut, I still feel my heart beating fast every time we perform or even step on the stage. It was always overwhelming.

“It was a great performance today, don’t you think?” Baekhyun said, opening up a conversation to the group, the moment we were in our van.

“It was, indeed. Too bad EXO-M aren’t with us in our performances today. But still, you did great, dongsaengs!” Junmyeon exclaimed, flashing a smile, with a two-thumbs up.

“It was very fun too. That one girl in front had a very beautiful smile when I looked at her…”Chanyeol comically daydreamed, and Baekhyun-hyung’s glare at him had caused me and Sehun to erupt into laughs. The maknae turned to me, smirking.

“Jongin, you again earn the loudest screams tonight. Too many fangirls! Give me some!”

“You can have his fangirls, Sehunnie. Jongin only loves one person, and we know that.” Chanyeol butts in, and the others stop laughing. Baekhyun nudges him and an awkward silence fills the van.

“It’s…probably me, right Jongin? The only one you love?” Kyungsoo tries to break the silence awkwardly and a smile creeps on my face before I chuckle, nodding, and making them sure I am okay…on the outside.

“So where should we eat dinner?” Junmyeon quickly diverts the topic, and the others start suggesting, but I am caught in a trance as her face starts to become vivid in the cracks of my mind again. We ate, we laughed, and we got into the dorm, but everything on the outside world was a blur, for up until I laid still on the comforts of my bed, I still thought of her.

Two years have passed since I first met her, and a year since I let her go, but until now, I still miss her.

I still miss Lee Haneul.