Opposite reactions

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Jiyeon POV)

 

“I think I’m going to end up last.” Sunhwa massages her legs. Her legs look red, as she squirts another handful of cream onto her knees.

 

 

“Don’t say that....you’ll probably won’t...if Seohyun falls, and breaks her legs...or something.” I had bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. Sunhwa was great at fighting and screaming, but running....she could do it to save her life, but when it came to races...and especially a 100-meter dash, she was more handicapped than a person in a wheel-chair.

 

 

“Hey! Fine! I’ll come first just to prove to you!” Sunhwa stands up, and sticks her tongue out at me. “I hope you come last in the relay race!”

 

 

I sigh. She was right. The likeliness of my team being last was also quite high. We’d been practicing for two weeks, but having Taeyeon in the team, was a huge pain in the . Not to mention, she wasn’t athletic. At least, I had Bora, but her personality as well.

 

 

“Bora’s seriously so rude though. Taeyeon’s extremely self-centered, and S-” I was so angry, the words were flying out of my mouth.

 

 

“Suzy only complains about how running would fatten her calfs, and how she’d lose advertisements. I know, I’ve been hearing you rant non-stop for the past few days.” 

 

 

I let a deep breath out. “And did you see her flirting with Junhyung!? I mean, c’mon! Junhyung! Why him!?”

 

 

“Why me?” He appears from behind one of the pillars, completely taking me off guard.

 

 

“Yah! Don’t scare me like that!” I run my hands over my goosebumped filled arms.

 

 

“Jiyeonnie, are you jealous?” His eyes are soft, but his voice is teasing. “It’s okay babe, there’s enough of me to share for the whole school.”

 

 

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. “Gross. Junhyung, you should keep those thoughts to yourself.”

 

 

Junhyung locks me into a headlock, and starts rubbing his knuckles against the top of my head.

 

 

“YAHH! It hurts!”

 

 

“Good!” Junhyung fastens his pace, and soon his noogies start burning into my head.

 

 

“It really, really hurts!” I’m screaming in pain and joy when a certain twosome catch my eye.

 

 

Daehyun’s face is amused as his eyes sets on my arms encircled around Junhyung’s waist, while him....

 

 

He just looks lost...and a tad bit hurt.

 

 

He should. 

 

 

I remove my hands from Junhyung’s waist, and he immediately stops, and stands in a neutral pose. His expression said otherwise though. It feels like he’s sending L daggers through his eyes. If those daggers were dripped in poison, and were as sharp as swords.

 

 

His eyes scan me up and down, and as much as I had to admit it, my heart skips a beat. Even though he was frowning, he was undeniably gorgeous. From his small lips, to his cold eyes. There was nothing that could be more perfect.

 

 

But I couldn’t love him anymore. I wouldn’t.

 

 

“Let’s go, Junhyung. I need you to help me practice.” I surprise myself by grabbing his hand, and pulling him towards the field. “Please?”

 

 

It was always rare for me to use aegyo, but after the incident, it seemed impossible for me to ever do it again, but here I was, with my lips jutting out. My eyes sparkling like a five year old, and my voice turning ten octaves higher.

 

 

Junhyung broke into a small grin, as he squeezes my hand. He starts walking, and I take this chance to sneak a peek at him.

 

 

His mouth is open, a small O forming on his lips. His eyes look moist, and I’m able to see his adam-apple bob up and down. 

 

 

There you go, Kim Myungsoo. Have a taste of your own medicine.

 

 

The smug grin doesn’t wipe off my face, as I squeeze Junhyung’s hand in return. Hard enough for them to see, for him to see.

 

 

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Sunhwa POV)

 

It takes me every cell in my body not to scream in joy. Park Jiyeon had just outdone herself.

 

 

“Holy .” Daehyun curses.

 

 

“Holy indeed.” I smile, standing up. “L, if you plan on dating her, you’d better make up your mind fast, cause it seems like she already has.”

 

He stays still, his face now masked into an expressionless one.

 

 

Daehyun pats him on the back. “Big mistake, friend. I think she’s already over you.”

 

 

L turns to Daehyun, and shoots him a dirty look. “Whatever.” He walks away, leaving me and Daehyun gawking.

 

 

L was angry. Like full-on avengers mode angry.

 

 

“Hah. Seems like even pretty boys can get angry.”

 

 

“Shut up, you’ve seen me angry lots of times.”

 

 

I roll my eyes. “You don’t count as a pretty boy, Jung Daehyun. Rather a future- and garbage collector, that will spend the rest of his days on the str-”

 

 

“Rest where?” He suddenly takes a step towards me, lessening the space between us to mere inches. His lips...his stunning lips, right in front of my eyes. The insult that had sounded so perfect in my head was blown to dust, as he stood in front of me, making it quite impossible for me to think....and breathe.

 

 

Dammit, Jung Daehyun. Why do you have this to me?

 

 

“I-I need to use the washroom.” I try to turn away, wanting to hide my blushing cheeks, when he holds my hand, stopping me from escaping.

 

 

“Stay.”

 

 

I’m about to mutter an excuse when he whispers.

 

 

“Please.”

 

 

This was not fair. This was just seriously not fair. How could he do this to me? I couldn’t face him. This was too embarrassing. And so unlike him. Although, I wasn’t necessarily against it.

 

 

I stop moving, but don’t bother turning around to meet his eyes. God knows, what I’d do if I did.

 

 

He’d probably never let it go if I kissed him but right now, just the idea of his full lips waiting in front of me, was enough to make my head dizzy.

 

 

He pulls me into an embrace, completely enveloping me into his grip. I am greeted by his warmth, and his vanilla scent. He rests his head on the crook of my neck, and inhales. 

 

 

I can hear his slow heart beats, which makes mine sound like a round of bullets from a machine gun. Seriously, why couldn’t I stay calm like he was? I try squirming out of his grip, but he only tightens his hands around my body in response. The heat emitting from his body, warming my back...warming my heart. I mentally scold my self. Stay calm, Sunhwa!

 

 

But how the hell is one supposed to stay calm...when..when the person they like is freaking hugging them in the middle of the school yard!

 

 

There! I said it, or rather though it, but its out! I like Jung Daehyun, and there’s no denying it now.

 

 

“Done.”

 

 

 I hate to admit it, but I was disappointed that he pulled away so quickly. With one swift movement, Daehyun removed his arms around me, and took a step back.

 

 

“See you later.”

 

 

He waves goodbye to me, and slowly walks away. I stand there, frozen in the same stance. My cheeks are probably red enough to be spotted from Mars. My heartbeat loud enough to be heard over a rock concert, and my eyes wet enough to fill an entire sea. 

 

 

There really is no denying it now. I like Jung Daehyun.

 

 

                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Jiyeon POV)

 

The moment we’re out of L’s sight, I let go of his hand.

 

 

He looks at me with a confused expression, but keeps his lips sealed.

 

 

“Sorry.” I mutter. I’m not sure if he’s even heard me, since he just walks ahead of me, not bothering to look back or comment on the loss of contact, but it’s obvious he’s in pain.

 

I’m horrible. I used him to infuriate L, and now that the work was done, I threw him away like a useless piece of . My hands reach out to touch him, to comfort him, but I can’t. This would only encourage his feelings. That I couldn’t afford.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter