Switching roles

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His mouth hung open, his eyes stretching as wide as possible. “T-they’re kissing!”

 

 

She claps, ecstatic that her friend had found a boyfriend. “Oppa! I think they’re dating! She told me she was flustered about him. They are so dating!”

 

 

He should be happy, he should be glad. He was hoping she’d forget him, and in fact he was encouraging her to forget him. But...why was he not smiling?

 

 

“L-let’s go.” He turns around, not wanting to see the two lip-locking anymore. Although, neither of their lips are moving.

 

 

 From their vantage point, they can only see Junhyung bending down with his eyes closed. Jiyeon’s back is facing them, blocking them from seeing her expression. If only they could.

 

 

“What?” Suzy holds onto his hand, accidentally dropping her ring in the midst of catching the male’s hand. “Oppa! The fun has just started! Don’t you want to see what happens next?” 

 

 

He stares at her dumbfounded. Exactly what was she referring to?

 

 

“Aw, c’mon! Don’t you want to see if this escalates to anything further?” She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

 

 

“Suzy, that’s wrong. We shouldn’t spy on others...especially during such intimate moments. Let’s just go.” 

 

 

She blows a raspberry. “Fine.”

 

 

His mind is reeling back and forth between the kiss he wasn’t supposed to see, and Suzy’s sudden boldness. He had never expected her to say something like that. That kind of behaviour in his opinion was only reserved for Sunhwa and Daehyun. Maybe things had changed while she was in America.

 

 

“I do wonder though.” She jumps from the little gap in the pathway. “How they plan to break the news to everyone.”

 

 

He stays silent. He’s wondering if Jiyeon’s happy. She probably is. She did say that she liked the boy. 

 

 

“Hold on, Oppa!” Suzy holds him back, and climbs down the rocky boulder, causing stain to appear on her pants. “This pathway is quite shaky, so we should use the rocks as steps. Here, come now.”

 

 

He gapes at her. She was perfectly capable of guiding herself through this hill, and who knows maybe even through the woods! So, why put up a weak act?

 

 

“I thought y-you were scared of walking here by yourself?”

 

 

She curses in her head. “O-oh right. Aha, I guess I got used to it now.”

 

 

He doesn’t believe her, but he decides to save the interrogation for later. Maybe another time when his mind isn’t filled with thoughts of another woman.

 

 

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jiyeon pushes him back, as the thought of him crosses her mind. She was here to watch them, but they were no were to be seen.

 

 

He smiles, his head on cloud nine. “Jiyeon-ah, what are you searching for?”

 

 

She can’t face him, she walks away to the north of the hill, when she spots a shiny object on the fresh grass. She picks up the shiny silver ring, and gasps as she notices the words engraved onto it.

 

 

If that ring was here, it meant they had been here too. If they’d been here.....they’d seen what happened.

 

 

Her heart sinks, and she looks down the muddy pathway in front of her covered with fresh footsteps. Without a moment’s hesitation she runs down the hill, hoping to catch the two, and clear the air. She knows this was wrong, but her feet refuse to stop. Not even when she hears Junhyung yell her name.

 

 

                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Daehyun kicks the pillow on the floor. “ARGGHHH!”

 

 

“You okay mate?” Kwangsoo asks, but Daehyun just ignores him. He’s in no mood to talk to anyone.

 

 

“I HATE YOU HAN SUNHWA!’ He jumps up and down, unable to suppress his feelings any longer. “WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO AND LIKE THAT IDIOT!”

 

 

Kwangsoo cringes, disgusted by the confession that he was forced to hear. Silently, he walks out of the cabin.

 

 

Daehyun ruffles his hair, and jumps onto the bed. “UGGGHHHH!” He stuffs his face into his pillow. “IJUSTCANTTHISISALLYOURFAULT”

 

 

He suddenly stands up. “No.No.No.” 

 

 

If she wants to be with that guy then let her be. Who was he to meddle in their business. He needs to clear his mind, he needs to find some peace. Sighing, he puts on his hiking shoes. 

 

 

                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“And then I found this ring on the ground. I ran after them but I couldn’t find them anywhere, but now I’m too embarrassed to confront them.”

 

 

Sunhwa rakes her fingers through the model’s hair. “When’s your next photoshoot?”

 

 

“On the next Saturday, and its with Suzy.” She groans. “I don’t want to see that girl anymore!”

 

 

“Me neither. But you will have to. We’re leaving today, and she’s your cabin partner.” Sunhwa chuckles. “Anyways, Jiyeon. How did you feel during the kiss?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Just answer me.”

 

 

Jiyeon bites her lips. “I guess it was nice. I mean his lips were soft and all, but during the kiss all I could think of was him.”

 

 

Sunhwa nods her head. “So, I was right. You don’t like Junhyung.”

 

 

“I do!” Jiyeon stands up. “I totally like him!”

 

 

Sunhwa gives Jiyeon a look. “Okay, okay, maybe I don’t.”

 

 

“Do you still want to be with him? I don’t know what’s gotten into him, but maybe you should give him one last try?”

 

 

“What the hell are you saying!?” Jiyeon raised her voice. “Are you saying I’m the one at fault!?”

 

 

“No! No!” Sunhwa pushed the girl back down. “What I’m saying is...maybe he’s confused. It’s wrong of him, and he doesn’t deserve you but the boy could be confused. It’s his first love returning, so maybe he thinks he’s still in love with her. When truthfully, he’s already over her. Maybe he needs a push to show him that.”

 

 

Jiyeon stays silent, carefully thinking over what her friend had just told her. It made sense, but she didn’t want to believe her. She didn’t want to hope that was the truth, and have her heart broken into a million pieces again.

 

 

“I don’t know, Sunhwa. Even if that was the case....he’s done too much. Anyways, enough of my sad story. What are you going to do with Seungho?”

 

 

Now it was Sunhwa’s turn to sigh. “I’m just going to let the chips fall where they may. Seems like fate had me and Seungho in mind the whole time, and besides he is my pond prince.”

 

 

“You don’t necessarily need to like him because he’s your pond prince!” Jiyeon grabs the girl’s chin. “Look! Just cause he saved your life once doesn’t mean you have to give your heart to him. What if Seungho’s not even your pond prince? What if your pond prince is actually some hobo living in the streets of Seoul as we speak?”

 

 

Sunhwa bit her lip. She had thought of this before but she never wanted to admit it. “I guess. But I’ve liked Seungho for so long, and he’s perfect. Now he likes me too, and Daehyun has other girls. This is how it’s going to be.”

 

 

Jiyeon rolls to the other side of the bed. “Dear, no! Can’t you see he’s just putting up an act? Daehyun never liked those girls anyways! Sunhwa, c’mon! Don’t give up so easily!”

 

 

“Jiyeon, I’m just going to stick to Seungho. He’s right for me.” Sunhwa stands up, and grabs her phone. “In fact, I’m going to tell him that I accept his proposal. I’m willing, and Daehyun can go cry himself a river.”

 

 

“Why would Daehyun do that?” Jiyeon raises her eyebrow. “Are you implying that Daehyun might l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter