Dazed & Confused

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sunhwa POV)

 

Sigh.....

 

 

I look at the empty seat next to me.

 

 

Where in the world is this girl?

 

“Park Jiyeon? Is Park Jiyeon here?” Ms. Kahi looks around, and stops at the empty seat next to me. “Again?"

 

“Sorry. I’m sure, she just has a bunch of modeling schedules or something.” I lie.

 

 

Truthfully, even I don’t know where Jiyeon is. I mean, it’s not like I didn’t try. Trust me. I did. But everytime I text her or call her, I get no reply or the line is busy. When I go to her house to visit, her mom either tells me she’s busy or that she’s out.

 

 

Having been with Jiyeon’s mom for over 5 years, I could easily tell when she was lying.

 

 

What the hell happened to Jiyeon?

 

 

“Alright, guys turn the page to 23.” Ms. Kahi announces.

 

 

Reluctantly, I open my history textbook.

 

 

A little paper falls out.

 

 

Huh...what is this?

 

 

A scribble of a badly drawn infinity sign is sketched across the crumpled white paper, with the words “Pond Prince S” scribbled across it.

 

 

Ahh...Seungho.

 

 

My head hurts. There’s too much going on.

 

 

BEEP.

 

 

Ms. Kahi turns around. “Does someone have their cellphone on? You better turn it off before I catch you!” She slams her ruler on her desk.

 

 

A wave of fear rushes through all the students.

 

 

“She’s so scary!” One of my classmates whispers. 

 

 

“Shut up! If she catches you talking, you’re dead!” Her friend replies, and then turns around towards me. “What are you looking at?”

 

 

The ?

 

 

Does she want to start a fight?

 

 

“Yah, don’t bother with that nerd. She’s without Jiyeon.” Her friend forces the girl to face frontwards. “Stop staring. We know, we’re beautiful but you don’t have to make it too obvious.”

 

 

I swear, this day can’t get any worse.

 

 

“I really don’t see what Daehyun Oppa sees in her.” The girl starts again. “Maybe she does.....special favours for him..”

 

 

I am going to go to jail for murder.

 

 

“Yah, yah! Shut up, Ji-min! I can hear you talking!” Ms.Kahi approaches the girl. “OUTSIDE NOW. I want to you see your hands up in the air for the rest of the class.”

 

 

Ji-min hesitantly walks out, but not before shooting me a dirty look.

 

 

Hey. She’s the one who was talking. Not me.

 

 

BEEP.

 

 

Dang this freaking phone!

 

 

Ms.Kahi looks around. “I’m going to catch this phone person!”

 

 

.

 

 

I quickly turn my phone on, while Ms. Kahi looks away.

 

 

Don’t forget we have practice today afterschool :D

 

 

This Donkey.

 

 

He texted me in class for this?

 

 

He texted this to me FIVE times yesterday, and now again?

 

 

Does he think I have amnesia or something?

 

                                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I take the stairs, one step at a time.

 

 

I’m in no hurry to see Donkey.

 

 

I’m too busy thinking about Jiyeon, when someone bumps into me.

 

 

The contents of his bag scatter across the floor.

 

 

Woah.

 

 

Countless of chocolate bars, energy drinks, little snacks, and even a few accesories cover the floor.

 

 

Is this guy....gay?

 

 

“I’m sorry!” The guy whispers, and quickly tries to pick up his items.

 

 

“No, no! I’m sorry!” I kneel down, helping him pick up the food. A little metal slate catches my eye.

 

 

Lee Minhyuk.

 

 

Cute name.

 

 

“Sorry, Minhyuk-ah.” I smile.

 

 

“H-how do you know my name?” He stutters, turning redder by the second.

 

 

“Your slate.” I point to the name tag made out of metal. 

 

 

“Oh-yeah. Oh.” He gulps. “Sorry. I’ve got to go.” He quickly rushes out of the hallway, not even bothering to look back.

 

 

Rude.

 

 

“Oppa! Look at my new hairstyle! Isn’t it soooooo cute?” Taeyeon screeches, and jumps in front of one of the seniors. “My new stylist is from france. She says it’s the trendiest hairstyle right now.”

 

 

Sure it is, if looking like a well-groomed poodle is the new trend.

 

 

“Eoh, Yeah. It’s super cute!” The guy enthusiastically replies. “You’re the best!”

 

 

“Oppppaaaa! What about me?” Tiffany squeezes herself between Taeyeon and the guy. “Siwon Oppa, you should pay attention to me too!”

 

 

“Oppa! Me too, me too!” Seohyun chirps, and seats herself next to the Siwon guy.

 

 

The moment I step into the class, they all become silent.

 

 

“What are you doing here? Can’t you just get lost already?” Taeyeon points her perfectly manicured finger at me.

 

 

“Yeah, get lost Sunhwa. Daehyun’s not here, and neither is L. Heck, even Jiyeon’s missing.” Tiffany scowls at me.

 

 

“Tsch. We all know why that loser is skipping.” Seohyun scoffs, and the burst into laughter.

 

 

What did she just say?

 

 

“I’m sorry, what?” I take a step towards them. “What did you just say?”

 

 

“What? You mean the part about Daehyun & L?” Tiffany twirls her hair.

 

 

“No, no. After that. Seohyun, what did you say?” 

 

 

Seohyun looks at me for a second.

 

 

“You mean Jiyeon?” She asks.

 

 

“Yeah, why is Jiyeon skipping?” I nod my head eagerly.

 

 

“Yah, what kind of friend are you?” Taeyeon barges in between us. “Not even knowing what your so called best friend is going through.”

 

 

Considering the fact that Taeyeon’s currently sleeping with both Seohyun’s & Tiffany’s ex’s, I don’t know how she can find the guts to criticize my friendship with Jiyeon.

 

 

“Okay, yeah. I’m a bad friend.” I cluck my tongue. “Now, can you please tell me what’s going on?”

 

 

“Fine! Fine!” Seohyun blows on her nails. “You need to a take a chill pill.”

 

 

I give her a look.

 

 

Just get to the point!

 

 

“Three words.” Tiffany chirps. “Suzy-is-back.”

 

 

 

Suddenly, it feels like the whole room is spinning.

 

 

 

 

I’m at a loss for words.

 

 

 

 

 

“W-what do you mean she’s back?” I clutch onto Tiffany. “Back from the dead, back to modeling, back to- WHAT?” I start panicking.

 

 

“Chill!” Tiffany removes my hands from hers. “God! She’s back here! Back to Seoul, South Korea. Happy?”

 

 

This day just got worse.

 

 

“Has L seen her? Does he know? Are you sure about this? Why is Suzy back?”

 

 

“Okay, okay. CALM DOWN. STOP WITH THE RAPID QUESTIONS!” Taeyeon screams, and massages her head.

 

 

Calm, Sunhwa. Calm.

 

 

“Okay, but please answer my questions!” I plead.

 

 

“Look, we don’t know everything.” Seohyun blows on her nails. “All we know is that Suzy is back, and she’s modeling in Korea now as well. As for L knowing about this, we don’t know. But last we heard, his sasaeng fan saw him buying roses at some flower shop.”

 

 

What the ?

 

 

Why is L buying roses in the midst of all this?

 

 

“I don’t get it...” I mutter.

 

 

“Ugh. Of course you don’t!” Tiffany screeches. “You’re so stupid! Gosh, must we teach you everything?”

 

 

I’m going to punch this .

 

 

“Suzy’s favourite flowers are ROSES, you dumbo! Can’t you connect the dots?” Seohyun knocks on my brain. “Is this thing empty?”

 

 

Suzy’s favourite flowers are roses.

 

 

 

L was buying roses.

 

 

 

Jiyeon is not coming to school.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter