The Promise

Falling in Love with the Two-Faced Idol

It’s amazing how a promise between two individuals can change my life, my love life.

As any normal girl, from when I was a little girl, I would fantasize about how when I grow up, my wedding would be the best memory I would ever had.

The steps taken carefully before a marriage,

the meeting,

 

the dating,

 

the proposal,

 

the engagement

 

and finally the marriage.

 

 

Of course, with every step taken there has got to be that one feeling, Love.

 

Well, that is all but a dream, a dream that will not be fulfilled.

 

~

“WHAT?! WHY MUST I BE MARRYING HER?!” he abruptly stood up and threw the papers of agreement onto the table, startling me.

 

“I refuse to allow myself to be tied down like this because of a stupid promise made.” He scowl at the middle aged man seated in front of us, separated only by a large conference table. After making himself clear of his disagreement, he turned and proceeded to leave the conference room.

Just as a click sound was heard, which means he already has his hand on the door handle, the man in front of me spoke, in a surprising calm tone too.

 

“Park Chan Yeol, the moment you step out of this room, I will give a call to my lawyer, change my will immediately so that you would not get a single cent of the inheritance from me, and I would also disown you as my son,” he smiled after finishing his threat.

 

Wow, how creepy and scary is that smile right now, considering the contents that just came out of those lips would just make you lose your once flamboyant lifestyle sending you into a life of poverty.

Once again, a click sound was heard, this time, the door was closed, footsteps was heard behind me before the chair beside mine was pulled away and Chanyeol sat down once again. Carefully, I took a peek at him, and boy was he seething in anger.

Even when he was young, he would never ever defy his father when his inheritance is mentioned. That was how much of a spoilt child he was.

 

“Now,” I switched my attention back to Mr. Park, whom I affectionately calls Samchoon(Uncle in Korean) as I knew him since I was a baby, “let’s go through this once more alright?”

 

“Both of you, Park Chanyeol and Jeon Minyeong are to marry one another,” Samchoon reaches out and grabs Chanyeol’s left hand; my right hand, and place them over one another. I could feel my cheeks heating up at this sudden contact.

 

“Stop being ridiculous dad, you know I can’t get married now, and you can’t tie me down with such a stupid promise.”

 

Samchoon ignored Chanyeol’s every words and turned to me.

 

“Minyeongie, my father and your grandfather made a promise, to have their first-borns to marry each other, and well, as you can see, both of them had a son as their first-borns so this promised would have to fulfilled by you two,” he gave a fatherly smile which I couldn’t bear to say no to even if it means my dreams of being a wife that was really in love with her husband would be destroyed.

 

Chanyeol scowled once again at his father. In return, his father glared at him signalling him to shut up before turning back to me with a smile.

He patted both our hands and leaned back into his chair with a sigh. Right after Samchoon lifted his hands from ours, Chanyeol retracted his hand instantly, refusing to meet my eyes.

“However,” without realiseing our brief actions, Samchoon continue speaking, “because of Chanyeol’s rookie idol status, the marriage can’t happen now.”

 

I glanced beside me, and could already see Chanyeol’s big wide smile, his eyes urging his dad to continue his words.

 

‘Does he really think he’s the only one sacrificing now? Inconsiderate bastard.’ I cursed in my mind.

 

“Don’t get too happy yet Yeol, both of you shall be engaged as of today, the moment you step out of this room,” he finished.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth, wanting to protest, but even before the words of protest were out, Samchoon spoke once again.

 

“This is final Chanyeol, unless you want me to pull you out of the inheritance right now.”

 

“FINE.” Chanyeol stood up and strode over to the door. I looked as the expression on his face was as if he could murder someone right now.

 

“Oh and before I forget, you two will be living together in the apartment near EXO’s dorm as of today, now shoo and leave while I continue my work,” he gave a large smile and waved Chanyeol goodbye.

 

Chanyeol gaped in astonishment before muttering something along the lines of, “what…..scheming…..dad…” and slammed the door shut.

 

While I sit there still shocked and waiting for everything to process.

 

“WHAT?!” I shouted as everything processed.

 

“Yes my dear, your stuff has all been packed by your parents and sent to the new apartment already, now go,” he shooed and slightly pushed me off my chair, “go and enjoy your new house!”