Daylight

Daylight

 

 

(Jay's POV)

I has finished packing my clothes and belongings into the suitcases. I sit on my bed and look at every corner my room that will be empty when I’m gone, because tomorrow I will leave this town to work in other place. It feels so hard for me to leave this town and the people around me, because they are my best friends I have ever had.

I glance at the table next to my bed, and take a photo frame. It’s a photo of myself with someone special. She was my girlfriend, but now she was not anymore. I broke up with her three days ago, but until this time I still can’t get over her. Although I’m just another boy for her, I loved her so much. She had already had her own boyfriend before I confessed my love and be her another boyfriend. It’s just like typical triangel love story, but it has so much meaning for me. Beside that, I have to admit that it’s the craziest thing I had ever done. Then, I realized that our secret relationship was not right and it couldn’t last forever. She was not mine from the beginning, so I thought it’s the best way for us to break up. I knew I hurt her and I hurt myself, but I had to do this.

I sigh. I have to forget her from now on, but sadly I can’t. Am I wrong to love someone in this way? It’s the question I often ask to myself and I don’t know what is the answer. Tonight is the last night I stay in this town. The town has given me colorful things, but it has to end so fast.

I put the photo back on the table and get up from my bed. I will enjoy my last hours here, in this beautiful town with her. I had called her this morning to accompany me tonight and she agreed. This time I don’t care if what I’ll do is a mistake or not, I just wanna be with her, just for this night before I go. So, I grab my jacket on the chair and walk out of my room to meet her, my ex-girlfriend.

 

***

 

Here I am, waiting for her to come. I’m sitting on the bench in the park where we usually meet. I look at every young couple walking in front of me and they look so happy. They’re not like me who love someone that doesn’t belong to me. Then she is finally coming. The pretty girl who makes me falling in love with.

“I’m afraid you won’t come.” I said.

“I’m sorry. I’m late for a few minutes.” She smiles and sits next to me.

“Never mind.. Uh..Don’t you be mad at me for breaking our relationship?” I ask.

“I didn’t. I thought the same with you that it’s the best way for us. Sometimes, people could make a mistake in their life, and it’s our mistake.”

“Yes, you’re right, but for me it’s a sweet mistake...”

She smiles at what I said and looks down. I look at her and I feel she is thinking about something in her mind. Her eyes look so dull.

“What are you thinking?” I ask her.

“Uh.. Nothing..” She says then asks, “When will you leave?”

“I will leave early in the morning by train.”

She nods and says, “If it’s your last night here, let’s just have fun together. What do you wanna do?”

“I’m hungry. Let’s get something to eat first..”

“Yeah sure..” She agrees.

We get up from our seat and walk to the nearby restaurant. We sit on the table and order the foods. I look at her face when she is eating, there is a sauce on her lips. I take a piece of tissue and try to erase it from her lips, but she raises her head and looks surprise at what I’ll do.

“Uh.. it’s a sauce..” I tell her with pointing my own lips so she will understand what I mean.

She feels shy. “Thanks...” She said then takes the tissue from my hand and cleans her lips. I chuckle at her. I don’t know what happen to me now, I just feel so awkward in front of her. Why is this feeling so strange? Is it because she’s not my girlfriend anymore? Does she feel the same too? I ask to myself.

 

***

 

After we finished the dinner, we are walking around the park now, enjoying the night breeze as we are talking about many things. Honestly, I feel like we’re getting back  together again. I look at the sky and  that’s when I see a cable car passing by. I wanna take her there.

“Come on! I wanna take you to somewhere.” I say as I grab her hand.

“Where?” She asks.

“You’ll see..” I hold her hand and we rush to the tower to get in the cable car.

She and me is in the cable car now, watching the night Seoul scenery from above here.

“It’s so beautiful..” She says in amazement while staring out the window.

“Yeah.. I think I’ll miss this town.. and..” I look down.

She looks at me and says, “... and?”

“I’ll miss you...” I say.

She walks and sit beside me, holding my hand. “I’ll miss you too..” She says. “My life won’t be the same without you.. but I’ll try to start all over again without you.. and you’ll have to do the same..”

‘It’s hard for me to start all over again.. because I love you..’ I say in my mind. I won’t let her know about what is in my mind, because our love story is over. But, my love will never die for her.

“Just like you said, this night is our last night, just you and me.. so just let it be..” She says.

She leans her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around  her shoulder. I don’t wanna stop this moment with her. If I could turn back time, I would be your real boyfriend, not just be another boy. I look at my watch. The night is getting late. Why does the time go so fast? I hope the time to slow down, but it never will. I glance at her innocent face, she was closing her eyes and looks comfort in my arm. Then I close my eyes, kiss on her lips and she kisses me back. This will be our last kiss, the long kiss goodbye that will soon be memories.

 

***

 

The sun rises this morning and it’s time for me to go now. Last night memories are still stucking in my head while I’m walking in the train station with a suitcase in my hand. Deep inside my heart, I hope that she will come to send me off. But, it doesn’t matter if she won’t come because what she had done last night was more than enough for me.

I slow down my steps when I feel my feet so heavy just to step toward the train. It's like something holding me on. I stop my feet and look back to find no one.  She is not coming to send me off. I sigh and smile as I continue my walk to get in the train. ‘Goodbye Seoul.. I’m gone..’ I say in my mind. Then I hear someone calling my name, so I look back to see her running toward me.

“I think I’m late again...” She says as she manages her breath.

I smile at her and say, “You’re not late. I still have ten minutes before I leave.”

“I want to tell you something..”

“What is it?”

“Three days without you, it’s enough time for me to assure about my true feeling. I Love You.”

“.....” I just can't understand about what she said.

“I love you. All I need is you to be mine. That's why I’ll wait for you to come back.” 

“Do you mean that...?” I ask.

She nods, “I choose you instead of him. You’ll be my true love, so let’s get back together.”

It feels like a dream to me, but this is for real. She is finally mine. Then I hug her tightly. I’m so excited.

“I love you too. I promise you that I’ll come back.” I said as I release her from my embrace.

“Don’t forget to call me.” She says.

“I will call you as soon as possible. Take care of yourself.” I tell her.

She smiles sweetly. “You too. Don't lose your weight when you are back here.”

I chuckle. “Okay. Goodbye.. Jagiyah..” I say as I wave my hand, walking away.

“Goodbye..” She waves her hand.

I quickly get in the train and sit on my seat. The train starts running. I stare outside the window as I can't stop smiling, remembering her beautiful face. I am so glad now because I can call her as jagiyah again. Now, I am leaving Seoul city, but I’ll be back after I finish my job.. Just wait for me, jagiyah. I love you so much.

 

The End