I Need More...

I Need More Than Words

“Are we really gonna go through this again,” Se7en asked with annoyance in his voice.“

You know we wouldn’t have to go through this if it weren’t for what you do,” Minzy spoke getting louder.“

Baby I love you. What more do I need to say,” Se7en asked as he stepped closer to her.

Minzy stepped back as she looked him up and down, “Do you?”

He ran his hand through his hair, “Look it wasn’t what you thought it was.”

“And what exactly do you think I thought it was?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me,” Se7en spat.

“Okay fine I’ll tell you what I saw. I saw you bumpin and grindin on some girl,” Minzy spat right back.

“Damn girl, you know that’s how I dance with the females. I mean that’s how I got you,” Se7en pointed out.

Before Minzy knew it she slapped him across the face.“What the was that for,” Se7en yelled.

“What so I’m just another one of those girls you just like to bump and grind on?”

“No!”

“Then WHAT?! WHAT SE7EN? What am I to you,” Minzy shouted.

“You’re the one. I love you can’t you see,” Se7en tried to control his temper.

She crossed her arms and grew quiet. They both stood in silence neither one wanting to say what would come next. Minzy sighed as her gazed softened, “Se7en?”

“Hmmm?”

“I love you, but I can’t go on like this,” Minzy confessed.

“What are you trying to say?”

“I’m saying I’m not sure if me and you should still be together.” Se7en stood in amazement at what he was hearing. “I’m sorry Se7en, but your words can only do so much.”

“What? What does that mean,” Se7en asked confused at what she was saying.

Minzy walked up to him and planted a soft kiss onto his cheek and whispered, “I’m sorry Se7en.” She then turned and before she walked out the door she turned and gave him one last smile before walking out.

 

When word got out of their break up these two were hot commodities in the clubs. Every girl was after Se7en’s heart, just like every guy was after Minzy’s. Se7en tried to be careful not to go to the clubs where Minzy was, he didn’t want to see her after how they broke up. But tonight wasn’t one of his luckiest nights.

“Se7en come and dance with me,” one of the girls surrounding him spoke.“

No he’s gonna dance with me!”

“No he’s dance’n with me!”

“Ladies, ladies please calm down. You’ll all have your turn,” Se7en spoke with so much arrogance. As he looked out onto the dance floor he spotted the last person he wanted to see. “You,” Se7en pointed to one of the girls. “Let’s dance.”

The girl squealed with joy as the other girls sighed with resentment. Se7en acted like he was dancing when in all reality he was more into spying on Minzy. He watched as she swayed her hips and began to dance closely onto some guy he had never seen before.The guy bit his lower lip as he reached for Minzy’s hips and brought her even closer. This action made him furious and he couldn’t help but storm off the dance floor. Se7en walked into the restroom and drove his fist into the wall.

“Who does she think she is,” Se7en asked himself as he starred at himself in the mirror. He turned the faucet on and splashed cool water on his face to cool his temper. As he was wiping his face off the same guy that was dancing really close to Minzy walked in. Se7en couldn’t stand being in the same place as this guy and headed for the door. As he was trying to leave he saw Minzy standing outside of the door. ! What am I gonna do? I haven’t seen or heard from her in months. He had a choice to make stay in here and wait it out or go out there and face Minzy like a man. He took a deep breath as he exited the restrooms to be met face to face with Minzy.

“Se7en? What are you doing here,” Minzy asked with a smile plastered on her face.

Se7en shrugged his shoulders, “Just out with some friends. What about you?”

“Well…” But before Minzy could answer the annoying guy came out of the restroom.

“Sorry babe did I make you wait long?”

Se7en did a quick look over his shoulder when he heard him call her babe. WTF babe?!

Minzy shook her head as the guy stood by her, “Oh no. Junho I want you to meet a good friend of mines. Se7en. Se7en this is Junho.”

A good friend? We were more than just friends weren’t we?!

Junho extended his hand towards him and smiled, “What’s up man, nice to meet you.”

Se7en forced his hand out and shook his hand, “Ssup!”

With that same hand Se7en had shook; Junho wrapped it around Minzy’s waist and brought her closer to him. Se7en clenched his hand into a fist as he tried to fight the temptation of punching the guy in the face.

“Let’s go dance babe,” Junho plead as he pushed at her hip with his.

Minzy giggled and then looked to Se7en, “Well it was good seeing you again. We’re gonna go dance now.”

Se7en nodded wanting this nightmare to be over and done with. As torturous as it was to watch her walk away with the other guy instead of him he continued to stare. He ordered drink after drink as he watched the two danced the night away. Finally they walked off of the dance floor and Se7en quickly turned to make it look like he was minding his own business.

“I’m gonna go to the restroom really quick I’ll be right back.”

“What do you want to drink,” he asked politely.

“Whatever is fine with me.”

“I’ll get you your usual just the way you like it.”

“Thanks, you know me too well.”Junho took the seat next to Se7en and called out to the bar tender, “Can I get a dirty martini and one beer.”

“Come’n right up.”

“I didn’t know Minzy had a usual drink,” Se7en mumbled.

Junho looked around and noticed that he sat by the guy Minzy had introduced to him earlier, “Hey man what’s up.”

“Oh hey,” Se7en nodded.

Two girls walked up to them and the first girl spoke, “Do you guys wanna dance with us?”

Junho shook his head, “Oh no thanks I’m here with someone. But I think this guy might.”

“But I wanna dance with you,” the girl persisted.

“I’m flattered, but no thank you,” Junho smiled.

Se7en didn’t like this goodie two shoes, “Why not it’s just a dance, come on man.”

“No really that’s okay. You girls go ahead and dance with him I bet he’s a handful all by himself,” Junho added.

Se7en finally gave in and followed the two girls out onto the dance floor. How can he enjoy himself when Minzy was with that guy? “Excuse me ladies I have to go to the restroom,” Se7en excused himself. He leaned onto the wall as he waited for Minzy to exit the restroom.

“Hey…” Se7en spoke as Minzy finally came out.

Minzy turned to see it was Se7en, “Hey what’s up?”

Se7en walked up to her with his arms spread open, “What’s up? What’s up really?! It’s the first time in months that I see you and you say what’s up?!”

Minzy looked at him confused, “Well what were you expecting from me?”

Se7en shrugged his shoulders as he looked around the club, “Hmm…I don’t know. Maybe you could have given me a heads up that you were dating someone!”

Minzy put her hands up in defense, “Whoa, why would I have to tell you that? I know we dated in the past…”

“Oh so I’m in your past now? I thought we were just on a break,” Se7en angrily spoke.

“Please let’s not argue here and now. I’m having a good time and Junho…”

“Oh so I couldn’t give you a good time is that it?”

Minzy shook her head and sighed, “Se7en please, like I told you before I needed more than just your words.”

He scratched his head in frustration, “What’s with you and your riddles?!”

“It’s not a riddle. It’s something you should already know,” Minzy said through gritted teeth.

“And what exactly am I supposed to know?”

“Hey babe is everything okay,” Junho asked as he approached.

Minzy shook her head and smiled at Junho, “No no, everything is okay. Can you just give us a couple more minutes and I’ll be right over.” Junho looked back and forth at the two debating whether or not he should leave them alone. “It’s okay Junho, I’ll be fine,” Minzy grinned.

“Okay, I’ll be at the bar if you need me,” Junho left leaving a hint of caution towards Se7en.

“Whoa where did you find that over protect guy anyways,” Se7en teased as he Junho starring at them.

“Why does it matter? He’s better than you!”

Se7en rose an eyebrow at her not believing her last comment, “He’s better than me?”

“Yes!”

Se7en moved close to Minzy making her back up onto the wall behind her, “Are you sure?”

Minzy grew nervous as he placed one hand above her and began to lean in close, “Umm…”

“Are you sure his looks are much better than mine? Are you sure he knows your body better than I do?” He then paused to look over at Junho and smirked before looking back at Minzy and whispering against her lips, “Are you sure he can kiss you better than me?”

As Se7en leaned in to taste her luscious full lips she pushed him away.“Stop! That won’t work on me now. I’m with Junho! Yes he may not be better than you at everything but he’s still my man. Get it through your head, we’re through!”

She stormed away and out of the club leaving Se7en shocked. Minzy had always given in every time he had whispered against her lips.That was the trick to get her to kiss him and make up, but this time it didn’t work.

 

Se7en went months again without seeing Minzy, but this time it was unintentionally. He tried to call her but she changed her number. He tried to visit her at her apartment and she had apparently moved weeks before he had seen her at the club. He even went to see if she was still working at the same spot, but they told him that she had quite a month ago.

At times he felt like giving up, but every girl he tried to date was just another girl. No one could compare to Minzy.“Where are you,” Se7en asked himself out loud.

He scolded himself for never really asking about her family and friends. All that mattered was that she was there for him. As if lightening had struck him that’s when the idea hit him. It took a year for him to finally figure out what she meant.

“She needed more than just words,” Se7en kept telling himself as he began to search for Minzy.

 

After countless times of retracing his steps and searching someone from her work place caved in.“Alright, alright,” the girl rolled her eyes.

“Do you know where she is,” Se7en pleaded.

She sighed as she looked him up and down, “I don’t know if I should even be telling you this. But seeing you here every day asking for her is getting kinda annoying.”

“I promise I’ll never come around again if you just tell me where she is,” Se7en promised.

She shook her head, “No can do.”

“Then what? Can you at least give me her phone number?”

“Nope.”

“Then what can you tell me,” Se7en asked.

“I told her about what you’ve been doing and she said she would be coming in town to see you.”

“REALLY?!”

“Yeah, so if you could please stop coming around that would make work a lot less harder than it already is.”

“Okay, thank you!” As he left he received a phone call from a private number.“Hello?”

“I heard you’ve been looking for me,” spoke the voice he had been dying to hear in months.

“Minzy?! Minzy I have some great news…”

“So do I. Can we meet tomorrow at your place around two pm?”

“Umm…sure sounds good.”

“Okay I’ll see you then. Bye.” Minzy hung up before he could respond back but that didn’t matter to him. Tomorrow he would get to see her and tell her that he finally understood what she meant.

 

Se7en cleaned up his place the best he could and just like Minzy said she rang the doorbell right at 2pm. Se7en took a deep breath and prepared himself to win her back. He opened the door to a smiling Minzy.

“Hey,” she smiled up at him.

He smiled back seeing that see looked and seemed the same, “Hey.” He stepped aside letting her in, “Come in.”

She nodded and walked in amazed at seeing he didn’t change one thing in his apartment.

“So…do you want something to eat or drink,” Se7en offered.

“No I’m fine thanks,” Minzy grinned.“Well…umm…have a seat then,” Se7en spoke feeling a little awkward.

“Thanks,” Minzy spoke as she sat down.

He sat across from her both smiling at each other, but neither one wanting to speak first. Se7en coughed a laugh, “So about last time…”

She shook her head, “Oh your fine. It’s in the past.”

“Oh…okay,” Se7en nodded.

“Se7en…”

“Minzy…” they both spoke at the same time.

“Oh, you first,” Se7en politely said.

“Oh, okay. Well there’s something I wanna tell you.”

“There’s something I wanna tell you too,” Se7en smiled.

“Well…let me hear what you have to say first,” Minzy grinned.

“Are you sure?"

Minzy nodded, “Go ahead.”

“Well…as you know I went looking for you after that night I saw you in the club. We didn’t end things so well and at first I was in search for you because I felt bad. But then as I went looking for you I couldn’t find you. Everywhere I thought you’d be, you weren’t. My feelings went from feeling bad to feeling worried. Never in my life had I been so worried and scared. I even wanted to put up missing adds!” Minzy giggled seeing how into his tale he was. Se7en then paused and reached for Minzy’s hand and taking it in his, “And during this search do you know what I found out?”

“What?”

He grinned as he squeezed her hand in his, “I found out what those words meant those words that I should’ve known and should’ve been second nature to me.” He then raised her hand and placed it over his chest, “I should have not only told you how much that I loved you. But shown you how great my love for you was!”

Minzy was in tears and using her other hand to wipe them away.

Se7en smiled as he wiped at her tears and pulled her other hand to his chest, “Minzy if you give me another chance I promise that I will not only tell you, but show you just how much this heart of mines loves you.”

“I…” Minzy’s voice cracked. She was at a loss for words hearing what he had said. She was in disbelief at what was happening and the tears weren’t the tears Se7en thought they were. “Se7en…” Minzy finally spoke.

“Hmm…”

She took his hands and held them in hers as she smiled at him, “I’m so touched but…” Minzy paused as she moved her hands away from his, “But I can’t give you a second chance.”

“WHY,” Se7en asked as he jumped to his feet.

“Because…” Minzy reached into her bag and pulled out the last thing he wanted to see, “I’m getting married.”

“Wha…to who?!”

She looked him in the eyes, “To Junho.”

“Minzy don’t you love me?!”

“YES I DO! But…”

“BUT WHAT?!”

Before she could answer the doorbell rang. “Sorry but I have to go,” Minzy spoke as she got up.

He grabbed her by the wrist and turned her to where they were only a breath away from each other. Minzy tried to fight eye contact, but he made her look him in the eyes. Se7en starred deep into her eyes and could see that she didn’t want to marry that Junho guy. As he slowly descended towards her Minzy became uneasy hearing the doorbell, “Se7en please…”

But Se7en didn’t listen as he lightly brushed his lips against hers while one arm wrapped around her waist to bring her close and the other wrapped around her neck.

“Don’t…do this…” Minzy begged.

“Do what…” Se7en whispered against her lips.

“Se7en…”

He then pressed his lips against hers not letting her finish her fake plea. He knew she wanted his kiss just as much as he wanted hers. At first there was no reaction from her, as he continued to kiss her he felt her trying to move out of his grasp so he held on tighter. Se7en lightly ran his tongue onto her lips making her shiver. As much as she wanted to fight it she couldn’t. She subconsciously tilted her head to deepen the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. Seeing that she was now joining in he let his hands feel around the length of her body.

Minzy was surprised at how different his kiss and touch was. It was a good different. She loved it!

“I love you,” Se7en whispered against her lips.

“I love you too,” Minzy whispered back against his lips.

“Then marry me instead,” Se7en breathed into her ear.

Minzy stopped and looked him in the eyes, “What?!”

Se7en pulled away as he got down on one knee, “Marry me please Minzy?”

“But what about Junho…what about…”

He took her left hand in his as he starred up at her, “It doesn’t matter about anything else right now. It’s all about you. What do you want? Minzy what does your heart tell you?”

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and sighed, “It tells me that I love you.”

Se7en then pulled out a ring and replaced Junho’s with his, “Then that’s all I needed to know.”

Minzy opened her eyes shocked, “Se7en!”

Se7en then stood and intertwined his fingers with hers as he pressed his lips against hers to seal the deal.

 

Author's Notes:

I know what a long oneshot, my bad. It transitioned better with it this long. This oneshot was inspired by Chrisette Michele- What You Do. It's one of the songs that Minzy did a song cover to. Anywho, thanks for reading!!!