Answer

Loose Ends

A/N: hello xD lalalalaaaaaaaa 

check out my youtube channel :D I upload kpop covers, vocaloid (and japanese stuff) covers, and american stuff :D     https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyFu25IfOK3f1m-88IOMcg

"Kyuhyun," Seohyun began, looking up.

"Mmm?" Kyuhyun replied, looking down.

"Where are we going?"

The two sat in the bus. 

"The next stop is Hongdae Square, the next stop is Hongdae Square," a voice repeated from the intercom. 

Kyuhyun reached up and pulled the string. "Hongdae Square?" Seohyun asked. Kyuhyun didn't say anything in reply. 

"Are you ever  going to tell me where we're going?" she complained, crossing her arms and glaring at the boy. Kyuhyun laughed, and as the bus stopped, he grabbed her hand and pulled her off the bus. 

"Alright! Seohyun, promise me something," Kyuhyun demanded, holding out his pinky. 

"What is it?" Seohyun replied, hesitantly holding her pinky as well. 

"Promise me that you'll have fun today," Kyuhyun answered, a smile on his face. 

Seohyun stared at the outstretched pinky in front of her. A smile spreading on her face, she took the pinky. 

"I promise." 

"Alright, close your eyes." 

"Why?"

"Just do it."

Seohyun shut her eyes and let herself be guided by Kyuhyun. She heard whispering and scuffles around her, but she had no idea where they were going anyway. 

"Alright. Open." 

Seohyun came from darkness to a world of blue underwater. Or, in other words, the aquarium. The first place Yonghwa and Seohyun had . . . . 

Kissed. 

___________________

Yonghwa looked out the window. "Not today either?" he mumbled to himself. 

Maybe she was sick. Did she get into an accident? Family emergency . . . ? He stopped leaning on the sidetable. Floating through the door, he walked out the hospital. He wanted to know why she wasn't coming anymore. No. He needed to know. 

____________________

"Aren't they so pretty? I've always wanted to come here ever since I move. I pass by it almost every day too," Kyuhyun rambled, bending down to have a closer look at the species in the cases. 

" . . .Yeah," Seohyun replied. 

Kyuhyun looked back at Seohyun. "Yah, Seo Joohyun. What did you promise me?"

Seohyun sighed and stood up. "Kyuhyun . . . .I need to tell you something." 

"What is it?"

" . . . .Just listen." 

__________________________

Yonghwa hesitated. Should he be walking into other people's houses without their permission.  . . .But how was he supposed to get permission anyway? The white house in front of him stood in front of him, as if mocking his indecisiveness. 

Well . . .it should be fine.

Floating inside, Yonghwa looked to the side. Seohyun's everyday shoes weren't there. She wasn't home. 

So she's not sick . . . .Where else would she be? 

Yonghwa got on the bus that Seohyun usually took. He stopped where she would usually stop. 

Where did she go? Why isn't she anywhere? The college already closed . . . Where else would she be? 

"Hondae Square. The next stop is Hondae Square" Yonghwa looked up. This was the one stop he hadn't been to yet. Getting off the bus, he looked around. The intersection in the middle of the square stood there 3 years later, as if nothing had happened. He laughed even though he should be the last person who could even be able to. Turning his head away from the square, a place caught his attention. Hongdae Aquarium. The site of Seohyun and his first kiss. He didn't know why, but he started walking towards it. 

____________________________

"You remember . . .Yonghwa?"

"Ummm . . . . . .. Yong . . . .Ah! The boy at the hospital?" 

Seohyun nodded and swallowed. " . . .Yeah. He . .. . he was my best friend up until high school."

"And then . . . .he got into the accident?"

"Yeah."

There was a silence betwee the two as they sat on the bench, staring off into a depth of water. 

"But .  . . He . . . I . . . . I loved him." 

"He is your boyfriend. . . . right?"

"No." Seohyun could feel tears coming to her eyes. "He wasn't."

"But if you loved him and he-"

"The night he got into the accident was the night I was going to confess to him. He got into the accident because he was on the way to pick me up." 

Kyuhyun didn't say anything as tears rolled down Seohyun's cheeks. 

"And for the past 3 years i"ve been hoping that he'd wake up.

" . . . I don't know if I can do that anymore." 

Kyuhyun panicked as tears practically waterfalled. 

"I'm sure you're just overthinking things-"

"I fell in love with another guy too."

Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun. " . . .Who?" They stared into each other's eyes. And Seohyun didn't need words to tell Kyuhyun who it was. 

________________________

Yonghwa smiled as the aquarium brought back all these nostalgic memories. Walking into the biggest room in the aquarium, he thought back to Seohyun and his first kiss, and the flustered look she gave him when they parted. 

As he stepped in, he saw what he was looking for.

Seohyun.

But she was with someone else. 
 

As their lips touched.