That Spot Right There...

Save a Spot for Me

“Excuse me is this spot taken,” Seungri whispered.

“No,” the girl whispered back.

“Thanks,” Seungri smiled as he took the seat next to her.

 

Seungri walked hand and hand with the girl he had sat by.“Can you believe it,” he asked as they walked out of the movie theaters.

“What,” she smiled up at him.

“It’s been two years since we met at that theater,” Seungri nodded behind him.

“Really?! It’s been that long?” She paused as she recalled their first encounter and laughed, “That was funny that you thought you had come to watch an action-horror movie. But it was the complete opposite!”

Seungri brushed away imaginary tears, “Instead…I ended up watching some chick flick that had me in tears at the end.”

She laughed as he pouted and continued to wipe at his imaginary tears, “Just admit it already! You know you liked it!”

“Of course I liked it, because I saw a super hot girl!”

She rolled her eyes as she teasingly pushed at his arm, “Seungri! Is that all you men think about?!” They began to take their usual stroll through the park in the night air. Seungri paused to look at her. Waiting for an answer she nudged him on the shoulder, “Well…”

“Well…NOT IT,” he shouted as he ran towards the playground.

“NO FAIR,” she squealed as she ran after him.

They ran all over the playground like little children until he stood panting on the grass. Ceasing the opportunity, she jumped onto his back and they both tumbled onto the ground laughing. When all the laughing subsided, they snuggled up close starring at the starry sky above them.

“Do you see that spot right there,” she said as she pointed to the sky.

“Yeah, that empty spot right? Where there are no stars,” Seungri asked.

“Uh-huh, well did you know I reserved that spot for you and me.”

Seungri laughed at his crazy girlfriend’s notion, “What?”

“Yup! Did you know, that all those stars are angels up in heaven. They are always there 24/7 looking over us. But we can’t really see them until the sun is gone. The angels look over their loved ones, lighting the sky at night for their loved ones to know that they are still there.”

“Really? I never knew that.”

She sighed, “Yeah, so when it’s our time that’s where we’ll be. In that spot right there!”

Seungri grinned as he looked to her, “Minzy?”

“Hmm…” she grinned back.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” she smiled as she kissed him.

“Marry me,” Seungri whispered against her lips.

“What,” she asked pulling away, unsure if she heard right.

“Minzy, will you marry me please?”

Minzy rolled on top of him and smiled down as she placed a gentle kiss on his lips, “I thought you’d never ask.”

 

Seungri tried to get up from where they lay but Minzy held his hand.“Please,” Minzy smiled.

“But it’s getting late. Aren’t you cold,” Seungri asked with concern.

“Wait, I want to stay out a little longer.”

“Minzy please, the doctors said…”

“I know what they said. I was sitting next to you when they told us,” Minzy cut in.

Seungri’s eyes began to water as he stared at his fragile wife.“Minzy…” his voice cracked.

Minzy sighed as she patted the spot beside her, “Please Seungri, just a little longer.”

Seungri finally gave in and sat down next to her.Taking her hand in his, they sat watching the sun set.“I’m sorry,” Minzy whispered.

“For what,” Seungri asked.

“For not being able to stay with you as long as we hoped,” Minzy weakly grinned.

The tears began to roll down his cheeks as he silently cried. They were only married for a couple of months before she had become sick.

“There it is,” Minzy broke the heart wrenching silence.

“What,” Seungri sniffled.

“It’s still there,” Minzy spoke as she pointed to the sky.

“The spot you reserved for us?”

She nodded as she laid her head onto his shoulder, looking at the empty space in the sky.“That’s where I’ll be going. I’ll be able to watch over you until it’s your time to take your spot next to me,” Minzy squeezed his hand.

Seungri cried harder as he embraced her, “Minzy I love you!”

“I love you too,” Minzy felt a tear fall as she could feel her strength leaving her. “Can we lay out here for a little while?”

“Sure,” he tried to grin.

Holding her in an embrace he gently laid down letting her rest on his chest. Lying in his warm arms, she started to feel tired as she listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

“Minzy,” Seungri whispered feeling her breathing slow down.

“Hmm…” she spoke with her eyes closed.

“Don’t forget that promise okay? Save me that spot next to you,” Seungri’s voice cracked.

She grinned to herself before sighing, “Of course, it’s reserved for you and me.”

Seungri cried as he starred into the night sky, watching as one more star began to light up the empty spot in the sky.

 

Author's Notes:

The gaps were a time jump, sorry if that confused any of you. This fic was inspired by Jamie Foxx- Heaven. Hope you understood what happened at the end from the last sentence. Anywho, thanks for reading!!!