Hearts Day

It's Valentine's Day After All

 

Lost eyes glared through the car’s window as Heechul faced away from the younger male driving the vehicle.

“Hyung…” Hankyung spoke from behind the wheel, “Please say something…”

Heechul disobeyed and kept his silence with only but a serious scoff that fell off his thin lips. Hankyung sighed hopelessly trying to convince the other man to say something. “I don’t want to leave without hearing even just a cuss from you.” Hankyung pulled over at the parking lot of the airport and turned to Heechul who seemed to hide his face perfectly under the crimson hood that he pulled over his head.

Still, a word didn’t leave his mouth. 

Hankyung stepped out of the car, and Heechul reluctantly followed after him. Hankyung hauled his luggage out of the car without any help from Heechul. The elder male just watched him in silence, he seemed to be thinking deeply and didn’t even make any sort of contact with Hankyung.

“Aish, really, Heechul.” Hankyung shook his head, pulling his luggages behind him as he trudged through the pavement, walking towards the airport’s main gates. Heechul’s arms were crossed, he didn’t know what hit him to even come with Hankyung to the airport. He knew it wasn’t going to end well. He was only an inch more to imploding. 

Heechul watched Hankyung load his bags onto the conveyer belt, his eyes watched as it went through scanning. He finally looked Hankyung in the eye.

“Heechul—“

“Tell me.” Heechul finally spoke, “What is it today, Hankyung?” 

The younger male sighed, his head hung low as he answered, “It’s Chinese New year?” Hankyung mumbled, both of them knew that it wasn’t what Heechul wanted to hear. “It’s Valentine’s Day, Heechul, I know, I know already, I’m sorry.” Hankyung said irritated, finally looking up at Heechul whose eyes glinted with tears. 
“It’s Valentine’s Day…Geng…” Heechul’s voice wavered as the pair stood in front of the securities and their equipment, it was a pretty awkward place to have this talk.

“Heechul, I already explained to you, I need to go back to China for New Year activities, I thought you understood?” Hankyung explained carefully as he gently took Heechul’s shivering hands into his.
“How would I know you’d come back?!” Heechul snapped, his tears rained down from his eyes. His hair was a mess as he sobbed uncontrollably from under his hood. Hankyung stopped speaking, 

“I’ll come back. I promise.”

“You’re going to leave me again! Leave me for such a long time! Long enough for me to miss you horribly…” He said mumbling the last few phrases into the sleeves of his hoodie. “Don’t leave, Geng. I beg you.” Heechul’s arms flung around Hankyung’s waist as the elder male helplessly sobbed into the other's blazer.

“Shh, Chulie… You’re going to make people stare. Please just understand me this once. I have to leave. You know I’ll miss you too…” Hankyung held Heechul close as he whispered this. 

Heechul’s grip tightened around Hankyung, “No! Please don’t go. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t take it how I feel so alone when you’re away. Just this valentine’s, Geng, please just stay for me!” His sobs were getting louder, he sounded like a madman clinging onto the love of his life to stay with him. 

Hankyung’s facial expression changed, he was serious this time. “Heechul hyung, please, I have to leave, I’ll be late.” He released himself from Heechul’s grip. “I’m so sorry, don’t worry, I’ll be home soon.” 
Heechul’s eyes widened as he shook his head, “No! Hankyung, don’t leave anymore…” He cried, now weaker than the past sobs. 

Hankyung only sighed and turned away, walking past security and completely into the airport.
Heechul was devastated, he stumbled out of the gates before he fell onto his knees. 
“He’s gone again, he left me…of all days…” He sobbed into his palms as he knelt there on his own. His chest shuddered as he inhaled and exhaled wholehearted sobs of sorrow.

Suddenly, he felt warm lips press against his cheek and well developed arms gripping him around his waist. “How could I abandon my Heenim of all days?” A very familiar voice seemed to caress his ears as he lifted his head. 

“G-Geng…” He couldn’t believe it, he whirled around and wrapped his arms quickly around the other male. “You…You…I can’t believe you would even think of leaving me!” He said as he worked a weak smile on his face, wiping his tears away.

“I’m already staying for you, Chulie. Don’t cry anymore, araso?” Hankyung let his fingers tangle around Heechul’s.

“B-But what about your projects in China?” Heechul wondered as he looked into Hankyung’s tearing eyes as well.
The Chinese man smiled, “Don’t think of it anymore, I took care of it.” 

Heechul’s eyes narrowed suddenly, “Yah! Then why did you have to go and say you were gonna leave then go ahead into the airport, huh?!” 

Hankyung chuckled, “I couldn’t leave my bags in there, could I?” He winked, pulling up his luggage as he laughed even louder.

“Yah.” Heechul continued to wiped his eyes, “I’ll kill you if you do that again.”

“Happy Valentines Day to you too, Chulie.”