A Slight Push in the Right Direction

Love, Again

"I'm so full!" Taeyeon exclaimed once they were all out of the restaurant.

"Hey, we still have some time, let's go watch a movie," Jessica announced.

Taeyeon glanced at Nichkhun, who was also looking at her. Both of them turned away once they looked into the other's eyes.

"Well... I errr..." Nichkhun started.

"Sorry, no one can skip out of this, because I've already booked the tickets!" Jessica told them, while giving Jay a secret wink when the other two were not looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's the movie?" Nichkhun asked Jessica while Jay was buying their drinks and popcorn. He had (suspiciously) insisted on buying it himself, with no help from Nichkhun.

"Dumb Dumb Dora," Jessica told him, "it's a comedy about this girl named Dora, who apparently is not only dumb, but also clumsy. But somehow, she managed to go on an adventure and save the whole country."

Nichkhun frowned, "so basically... a stupid movie?"

"Hey! It's supposed to be hilarious!" Jessica whined, while lying her head on her shorter best friend, as if doing this could console her of the "hurt" caused by Nichkhun, "with fantastic reviews!"

"Oh yeah?" Nichkhun questioned, "by who?"

Jessica kept quiet, and Nichkhun knew she had no answer to that, but before he could say anything further, Jay returned, hands and arms full of drinks and popcorn.

Nichkhun's attention went to him, entirely forgetting about Jessica's claim.

There is only two cups of drinks and two box of popcorn.

"Are you guys not eating?" Nichkhun asked, this time directed to his best friend.

"We are," Jay replied, while Jessica went over to help him with the items.

She held on to one of the two cups and a box of popcorn, "that is ours and this..." she told Nichkhun while passing him the items she was holding on to, "is for you two to share."

"What?" Taeyeon spoke up.

Jessica pointed at the set that was just handed over to Nichkhun, "these two..."

Taeyeon thought about it, wondering why Jessica and Jay wanted to make it awkward for them. What was wrong with their brains?!

She immediately said, "errr... I'm too full for drinks."

When they reached their seats, Nichkhun and Taeyeon realized that Jessica had booked couple seats. And with Jessica and Jay sitting together, it meant that they would have to sit on the other couple seat.

Jay and Jessica rushed in to their seats first, so that they were able to dictate the seating arrangements. With no other choice, Taeyeon sat next to Jessica and Nichkhun sat beside her.

"Well... errr... the popcorn?" Nichkhun asked her, holding out the box.

Taeyeon nodded and took a fistful of it, "thanks."

Taeyeon knew that she might be able to get out of sharing a drink with Nichkhun, but popcorn is her must-have item when watching a movie in the cinema. What's the fun of watching a movie if there is no popcorn?

It was still awkward, since the couple were giggling and talking the whole time, while all Taeyeon and Nichkhun did were pass around the popcorn box.

At last, the movie started, and Taeyeon and Nichkhun have the excuse to not talk without feeling uncomfortable. During the opening sequence, Dora woke up and rolled off the bed, causing a few to laugh, including Jessica and Jay. But it was not until almost ten minutes later did Taeyeon and Nichkhun get warmed up as well and guffawed at the scene in front of them.

While laughing, Taeyeon turned over to look at Nichkhun. He felt her eyes on him and looked at the girl right next to him, and they both burst out laughing again.

Halfway through the movie, Taeyeon, who had been snacking on the popcorn the whole time, reached into the box as per normal. However, she felt the presence of another hand. It was brushing the back of her hand very lightly. When both of them realized what had happened, they quickly jerked back and retracted their hands from the container.

After a while, Taeyeon felt something nudging her; Nichkhun was trying to pass her the popcorn box. She smiled at him and held on to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how did it go last night?' Jay whispered to Jessica.

"I don't know if anything special happened," Jessica replied, "but I did notice that Taengoo was eating from the box while Khunnie was holding it! So, I'd say it's a huge improvement compared to them not talking at all previously."

Jay gave a light peck on her cheeks, "it's all thanks to my princess's idea!"

Nichkhun coughed, "hey hey hey... I'm here. Stop being so over each other and tell me what you need my help for..."

"Well, we're now sorting out the seating arrangements, and we need you..." Jessica stared, but was interrupted by Taeyeon's arrival.

"Sorry! I'm here, was sorting out the lesson we're having tomorrow," Taeyeon explained, "so what's my role for today?"

Jessica smiled, "as I was saying. I need you... both of you... to plan the program. Since you two are not only the best man and maid of honor, but also our emcee!"

"Wait... since when am I the emcee?" Nichkhun asked.

Jay looked apologetic, "sorry man, our other friend who was supposed to emcee with Taeng had to bail on me. Because his wife got pregnant, and she doesn't want him away from her for more than a day, and she doesn't want to leave the house either. So he can't come to the wedding at all."

Nichkhun sighed in resignation, "fine... that's why I'm the best man, isn't it?"

"And my best buddy!" Jay smiled widely.

"Ewww... Sica, what did you do to him to make him so cheesy?" Nichkhun looked scandalized, but everyone knew he was only joking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... what should we say? What should we do?" Taeyeon asked.

They had both gone to the other side of the room to discuss, but it had been fifteen minutes and they were not making any progress. Moreover, the awkward mood was surrounding them once again.

"Well... any funny or embarrassing event that happened between them?" Nichkhun wondered.

Taeyeon tilted her head, "what about... the time they first met?'

Nichkhun laughed out loud at the memory, then quickly quietened down before either Jay or Jessica could catch them making fun of the couple.

"That was epic!" Nichkhun whispered, "we should really include it in!"

Taeyeon giggled a little, "are you sure they won't kill us for it?"

"Nah... they wanted guests to be happy, didn't they say that?" Nichkhun persuaded, "oh... I just thought of the time they went on their second date and Jay accidentally poured chocolate milkshake all over Sica!"

"Speaking of pouring... what about the time when Sica made Jay stand under the pouring rain for hours because she fell asleep?" Taeyeon remembered.

Nichkhun frowned a little, "fell asleep? I thought she was punishing him because she was angry?"

Taeyeon's eyes widened, "oh... errrm... yeah... that's why."

"You're lying... You were never a good liar, didn't you know that?" Nichkhun told her.

"Okay fine... don't tell anyone that I accidentally told you that!" Taeyeon warned, "Sica was embarrassed to let him know that she fell asleep while he was standing outside so she used punishment as an excuse."

"Ha ha ha!" Nichkhun laughed again, "as usual... she doesn't have to be embarrassed... Oh wait, that's because they just started dating and she didn't want him finding out she is a sleep machine..."

Taeyeon nodded, then chuckled as well.

She then smiled, "I think we can do this..."

Nichkhun questioned, "do what?"

"Get along as friends..." Taeyeon explained, "we don't need to be awkward. We can get along so that Sica and Jay can have a great wedding."

"Sure, I think we can too..." Nichkhun smiled, holding out his hand, which Taeyeon took hold of and shook.

Neither might have wanted to let go of the hand, but in the end they still did.

Since they are now...

Friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I really, really, really took a looong sweet (or bitter) time.

I will make sure to post the next update sooner... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me not procrastinate so much!

Still, hope you all enjoy this chapter! They have IMPROVEMENTS!!! <3