Chapter 1

Beautiful Stranger

 

Your/Park Min Hee’s P.O.V

“KRIIIIIIIIING!” The school bell rang.

“Finally, school’s over!” I shouted. It’s a Friday and you know what that means? It’s the weekend! But then there’s homework. Urgh. I made my way out of the class and met up with Haneul, Kim Haneul. She’s one of my best friend. We met during kindergarten. She was a shy and quiet girl but now, she’s really friendly approachable and talkative.

“Hey Min Hee! How’s your day?” She greeted me while hugging me.

“Hey, Haneul! Nothing much. Just a bunch of homework and stuff” You said casually.

“Do you wanna come over my place? My parents are gonna be out of town this weekend” She asked as we walked out of the school building.

“Nah, I have homework and assignments to finish by next week so probably I’ll be busy the whole weekend” I felt sorry for her since her parents are always out of town.

“It’s okay. Oh, my bus is here! I’ll see you next week, then? Bye!” She waved to me as she ran to her bus.

“Bye!” I waved to her. Now, I’ll have to wait for my bus. I went to the bus stop and waited there. A few minutes later, my bus came. I sat at the usual spot, way at the back, next to the window. I’d always daydream or go into my own world whenever I’m sitting next to the window while listening to music. I walked slowly towards the back part of the bus. I blast my earphones as loud as the person next to me could hear it. After a while, it was my stop. I thanked the bus driver before I got off the bus. ‘I’m finally home’, I though. I took out the house key and opened the lock.

“Chung Hee-ah, I’m home!” I called out my younger brother.

“Noona! You’re home!” He came running to me.

“How was school?” I asked as I went upstairs.

“It’s was fine, as usual. Oh, I need to finish up this science project at my friend’s house tomorrow. Can I stay at my friend’s house? Pleeeease?” He begged. I was protective over my brother after that incident. I’ve always said no to him whenever he asked those types of questions.

“No” I said as his smile turned into a frown.

“But, noona, you’re over protective. You’ve never let me go out or let me stay over at my friend’s house” His words did hurt me but it was for him own good.

“Chung Hee, don’t you realize that I’m doing this because I love you?” I asked as I realized my voice was rising.

“You’re trying to be like mom, aren’t you?” Chung Hee asked. After hearing what he said, I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

“Park Chang Hee, haven’t I told you NEVER to mention mom or dad in our conversation?!” I shouted.

“If only mom and dad were still here, I wouldn’t have to listen to you!” He shouted while running to his room. I felt a tear falling down my cheek. I walked towards my room and cried as I shut the door. I cried my heart out. This always happen. I never thought of a way to not fight with Chang Hee. I know he misses mom and dad. He knows that I miss them too. After a while, I stopped crying.

“It was all my fault. If it weren’t for me, you both will still be alive” I murmured to myself. I wanted to relieve all my stress at that moment. I decided to go to the cafe where I usually go. I opened my door and went to Chang Hee’s room. I knocked on his door and said “Chang Hee-ah, I’m going out for a while. Stay at home” He answered me with a small yes. I went downstairs, grabbed my jacket and locked the door. 

 

 


 

Hello there, my fellow readers! How's the first chapter? Sorry for the short and boring chapter. I'm kind of in a rush since I have a lot of homework and I'll try to update frequently :)

*PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT<3*