I Love You

Loving You

Sitting up in her bed, her room dimly lit as she looks outside the window. The sky was gray-ish, no clouds were seen in the sky.

*It's going to rain.* Amy thought with a sigh. As she continues to look outside the window, her eyes suddenly tears up. She only had two months left to live. She didn't want to die yet. She haven't got a boyfriend and she was still young. *Why does it have to be me?* She thought sadly.

The door creaked open, a nurse in her mid 20's came inside the room but Amy paid no attention to her. She thought the nurse was there just to check on her.

"Amy, it's time for your check up. It'll be done in a different room today."

All Amy did was to nod. With the help of the nurse, she got into the wheel chair with no complaining when she usually complains. The nurse was a bit surprised today, to see nor hear any complaints from Amy. *Maybe she's tired.* The nurse thought. With no further explanation of what the check up was, the nurse pushed Amy to the room, to where the check up was going to be held.

*Why am I taking the test in a different room?* The nurse looked down and saw confusion on Amy's face, but she paid no attention to her nor gave her an explanation. All the nurse cared for was to get this over and done with. The nurse hated Amy and vise versa.

Ten minutes later, Amy and the nurse had arrived at the different room for her check up. After pushing Amy beside a row of chairs, she disappeared somewhere. Amy rolled her eyes. *Some nurse she is. What the hell am I supposed to do while she's gone?* She incoherently cursed under her breath.

The door opened once more, and this time a boy, by the name Jang Hyunseung came inside with a nurse beside him.

"Do I just sit any where?" Hyunseung asked.

Amy looked at the direction of the door upon hearing Hyunseung's voice. She stared at him in awe. *Who's that beautiful boy?* She wondered.

"Yes." The nurse replied with no emotion and left the room.

"Sheesh. I was just askin-" Hyunseung stopped talking to himself and stared at Amy.

Hyunseung felt his heart beat faster as he continued to look at Amy. Amy broke the contact and looked somewhere else. Hyunseung tilted his head. *I wonder what happened to her...* Hyunseung went to sit across her and studied her features.

*Why is that boy staring at me?*

"Hi, I'm Jang Hyunseung. You?" Hyunseung said, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Amy." She muttered and looked outside the window again.

Then an awkward silence filled the room. Neither talked and jsut did their own thing, by all means Amy looking outside the window and Hyunseung staring at her.

 

Two weeks passed, both Amy and Hyunseung had grown closer to each other. Now Amy only had one month and a half left to live and yet she had never told Hyunseung that she had brain cancer nor told him how long left she has to live before her time is up before the operation. She felt bad for lying to Hyunseung. She knows the feelings and emotion she had towards him and she knows that he likes her too. But she was afraid. She was afraid of hurting him so she had asked the doctors and nurses to keep it as a secret. Her heart had always clenched in guilt when she sees him all smiling thinking that he'll see her again.

*I'm so sorry oppa. Please forgive me if I don't survive the operation.* Amy wiped away her tears when she heard the door open. Hyunseung walked in with a big smile.

"Amy guess what?" He beamed and sat down on the chair. "Wait, why are you crying?" He asked, worry shown in his eyes.

Amy shook her head. "I had something in my eyes." She lied. "What was it that you need to tell me?" She forced a smile.

Hyunseung beamed once again. "I'm getting released on March 15th."

Amy widened her eyes. *That's when I'll have my operation.* "Really? That's great, oppa."

"When will you be released from the hospital?" Hyunseung asked her, catching her off guard.

"I.. don't know. They never told me." *I'm sorry Hyunseung oppa.*

"That's okay. Once I'm released from the hospital. I'll go back home and then wash up and then I'll come back and visit you." He smiled.

Seeing Hyunseung smile made her feel extremely guilty. Guilty for lying to him.

*I wish the days went slow, so I can spend more time with oppa.*

 

One month and a half went by quickly and it was March 15th, the day Hyunseung gets released from the hospital and the day Amy does her operation. At the same time she was scared. Scared of not making it and scared that Hyunseung will eventually find out.

Amy was still sitting on her bed, usually she would be staring out the window but this time her head started to hurt. Her heart beated faster. Hyunseung had already left the hospital. The nurses rushes in and called for the doctor. Transfering her to the operation room, the light went on.

 

Hyunseung on the other hand was in his house, greeted with warm hugs from his family and friends. He excused himself and went to the bathroom to wash up. His arm was no longer paralyzed and he was happy. Now he could dance again and play the intruments again. While humming to a happy melody, he stepped out of the bathroom and changed into simple clothes.

"Ah~ Happy to have my arm back." He grinned and patted his no longer paralyzed arm. "Today, I'll confess to her."

With a happy smile, Hyunseung skipped down the stairs.

"Mum, I'm going back to the hospital." He informed, poking his head into the kitchen.

"Why?" Mrs Jang walked to him.

"I'm just visiting someone. I promised her I'll come back and visit her."

Mrs Jang smiled. "Did you meet someone you like?"

"Yes. I'm going to confess to her today."

Mrs Jang chuckled. "Go on then son."

"Hyunseung-ah~" Doojoon and Yoseob hollered from far and hugged him.

"Where are you going?" Yoseob asked.

"To the hospital to visit someone."

Doojoon grinned. "A girl?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my go-" Doojoon and Yoseob got cut off when Hyunseung dashed out of the house. "How nice of him." They rolled their eyes.

Hyunseung dashed out of his house and ran to the hospital.

"O-Oh. Hyunseung-ah. Why are you here?" A nurse asked.

"Ah, noona. Do you know where I can meet Amy?"

The nurse fidgetted nervously.

"Noona? What's wrong? Did something happen to Amy?"

The nurse sighed. "Follow me Hyunseung-ah." Her voice showed sadness.

The nurse lead Hyunseung to Amy's room and stood outside. She sighed and turned to Hyunseung.

"Go inside. The doctors will explain to you."

Hyunseung furrowed his eyes, not understanding a single thing. He walked inside and gasped. His vision blurring.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" He bellowered.

A girl, by the name Tiffany jolted up in surprise. "I'll take my leave them." She bowed, tears flowing out. "I'll miss you my dear friend." She whispered.

"Hyunseung." The doctor placed his hands on his shoulder. "Sit down and I'll explain it to you."

Hyunseung sat down, beside Amy, who's laying on the bed, no heart beat, no breathing, no nothing.

"Amy has been diagnosed with brain cancer and only had two months left to live. Although she's only twenty years old, she could not escape it. During her stay for her whole life in this hospital had been dull for her. She never once smiled, until she met you. Hyunseung, you lit up her life. Ever since she met you, she smiled more and talked more. However she only had a month and a half. She ... Amy knew you had feelings for her, but she didn't want to tell you that she'll be dying soon. She couldn't bring herself to."

"Why?" Hyunseung whispered and turned to looked at Amy with sad eyes.

"Because she loves you. Today was your released day and today ... was the day she had her operation. Unfortunately ... she didn't survive the operation." The doctor said sadly and left the room, allowing Hyunseung to be with Amy alone.

Hyunseung broke down, holding Amy's cold hands.

"Why? Why? Why must you hide this from me?" His voice cracked as more tears flowed down his face.

Hyunseung lifts up the white cloth off her face and gazed down at her. His tears dropping down onto Amy's face. Leaning down, Hyunseung kissed her lips.

"I love you." He whispered.