Don't Cry...

Baby Don't Cry

The world is so cruel.

The world is so dark.

As the storms and grey clouds fill the sky, I can’t see the sun anymore.

The world becomes cold.

The world becomes empty.

I watch as every living thing begins to die and what was once vibrant and green has all turned crinkly and black.

Is there no more happiness in this world?

Is there no more hope?

Suddenly chains wrap around my wrists pulling me onto my knees. I try to pull and yank at the chains, but they won’t give away. Tears of fear and regret begin to fall as I try to keep fighting. But one glimpse of the world makes me pause to think.

Why should I keep fighting?

What is there to live for?

Not being able to break free from these chains I give up. Not caring that everything around me is chaos and hell I give up and let my tears fall freely.

“Minzy…” a soft and distant whisper calls.Ignoring the whisper I continue to cry. “Minzy…” the whisper becomes louder and closer. The second call I recognize the voice, but I don’t dare to look.

Is he here to mock me?

Is he here to pity me?

Watching my tears hit the ground I see two feet standing in front of me, “Minzy…”

Shame and disgust in myself makes me keep my head down. Suddenly the person kneels on both knees in front of me and I can’t help but cry harder.

Can’t he just leave me alone?

Can’t he just let me be?

Never giving him any eye contact I feel my left wrist followed by my right wrist being freed. I hold my wrists close to my midsection feeling the bleeding and burning sensation from the chains .He then gets up on his feet once more and extends a hand to me. But how can I take his hand?

How can I trust that he will pick me up and not let me fall again?

“Minzy take my hand,” he spoke softly.

Finally giving in, I place my hand in his and he lightly pulls me to my feet. I stumble a little but he takes me by the hip holding me up. With one hand on my hip and the other hand holding my hand he began to walk. As we begin to walk I look behind us to watch as the path we were walking on soon started to become green.

“Don’t look back,” he commanded as he held me closer to him. I did what I was told and leaned onto him. He walked me to a cliff where we over looked the world that I no longer could recognize.

“What now,” I asked as we stood there. He extended his hand forward with his palm facing down and moved it horizontally. I stood in amazement as I watched everything below turn vibrant and green. He then rose his palm to the sky and turned the sky blue.

For the first time in a long time I was able to see and feel the sun rays wrap their warmth around me. Closing my eyes to inhale the fragrance of hope and love and feeling the warmth of peace and assurance I couldn’t help but smile.

“There it is,” he spoke.

With the renewed world around me I found the courage to look him in the eyes, “There what is?”

He took my hands in his and smiled, “The smile I was looking for.” My smile widened as tears of joy ran down my cheeks.Thanks to Daesung I was able to find my world of happiness once again.

 

Author's Notes: So I was going for metaphoric writing in this oneshot. A metaphor that when we fall and fell like giving up there will be people in our lives that will come to help pick us back up. Tada! haha...thanks for reading!