Tutorial: Smart Sharpening

exordium ● graphics & portfolio [HIATUS]

chapter five: smart sharpening (tutorial)


Hey guys! I have decided to make EXOrdium a place where you get to learn or in other words, designing tutorials! I'm not really sure if I want to make a tutorial on certain poster themes, because that will took a lot of my time. But, I'm much more focussed with certain aspects in designing and photography. The tutorials here are suitable for Photoshop users, since I'm using Photoshop CS5. Furthermore, I will be also providing resources and some of my poster designings tips. Anyway, keep on supporting me and my EXOrdium by upvoting!


ihjf7lYkPyTRZ.jpg


Some of you guys might be wondering on how I make the photos for my posters look so HQ / HD. The solution to this is by Smart Sharpen filter! Most of the designers who make Tumblr edits use this filter. I found that this tool is really good and you can control the amount of sharpening too.



iMNrlJ70lsJv0.jpg

Always remember to use High Quality photos for making any types of graphics. Anyway, this is an HQ image of Kris which I already resized it and apply some adjustments. The photo looks soft and you can tell that this photo needs to undergo some sharpening.



ibt7qiWmXAL3QU.jpg

Now, go to Filter > Sharpen > Smart Sharpen. This is where we can adjust the sharpening of the image.



ixrPWMxlaa6Mx.jpg

This is where you can adjust the sharpness of your image. For this image, I will set the Amount to 250% while the Radius to 0.4 px. Different images can have different amount of sharpening, so you can adjust the Amount to your liking. I don't change the Radius, but if you think you can find a suitable setting, then it's up to you.


iYgObAFMV9FKa.jpg

And there you have it! The photo looks sharper now. Hope you can try to experiment this filter to your photos.
REMINDER: DO NOT OVER-SHARPEN YOUR IMAGES! OTHERWISE, IT WILL RUIN THE QUALITY.







Like what you see in this chapter? Upvote for us today! And, do promote us using the banner above.