Rain Falls; Hearts Break

Rain Falls; Hearts Break

Pitter patter…

 

Pitter patter…

 

The night is cold; the bed is colder.

 

He’s alone, all alone now, with only the sound of the rain and the image of her in his mind as his company.

 

He had lost her warmth but whom can he blame?

 

To reach this state, whom can he blame, but himself?

 

Violence, fights, blood, that was all he cared for. In his eyes, his brothers were the most important; the blood of the enemies was his priority.

 

Until she left him.

 

He had heartlessly neglected her, stubbornly refused to listen to her and mend his ways.

 

Her constant tears and that usual look of disappointment; it’s coming back to him, haunting him, especially in this gloomy weather.

 

“Stop doing this, I love you, I don’t want to see you hurting yourself.”

 

The words she would always repeat after he came back from a fight. The words he would always nonchalantly brush it off with a kiss.

 

The words he wishes he could hear it again.

 

And this time, even if she repeats it for a hundred times, he will still smile at her and pull her into his embrace.

 

However, reality wouldn’t allow him to do so.

 

Those words, he will never get to hear it again.

 

Those words had become the memories that are being engraved in his still beating heart despite how dead he felt.

 

“Fine! Go! I can live without you!”

 

He had lied to keep his pride.

 

Only to realize, no, he’s missing her dearly.

 

And the sound of the rain, it’s not helping much either. Instead, it’s making him missed her even more. 

 

Pitter patter…

 

Pitter patter…

 

He looked up at the dark sky.

 

Is heaven crying because he took pity on them? Or is heaven crying because it’s guilty for what it had done to them?

 

The rain got heavier but he didn’t bother to seek shelter.

 

The wetness of the rain, the sound of the rain, they’re the two things that brought back the memories of her.

 

However, it’s also the only comfort it can give him now.

 

It was raining too when they first met.

 

She was laughing with her friends; he could still remember how he had thought her laughter was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard.

 

They had fell in love, hard.

 

The smiles, the hugs, the kisses they shared, everything was so perfect then.

 

But fate was just cruel.

 

Being born in 2 different worlds, their love was meant to start without a perfect end.

 

The tears they had both shed, the fights they had went through with their families just to be together, shattered like glasses when she had chose to give up.

 

And to be honest, he’s not blaming her.

 

He would have chose to give up too if he was in her place.

 

She had suffered too much humiliation from his family. They had hurt her too much.

 

It’s only right for her to give up their love.

 

So why is he still feeling so much pain?

 

“I miss you.”

 

He whispered to no one in particular as he drowned himself in the sound of the rain and the cold temperature of this rainy night. 

 

Pitter patter…

 

Pitter patter…

 

The sky shouldn’t be crying like how he was on this day.

 

The sky should be shining brightly above, not being dark and gloomy like how he’s acting now.

 

It was her wedding day.

 

And the only thing he could do was to look at her from afar, for one last time before she becomes another man’s wife.

 

He was banned from the wedding.

 

By their own father.

 

It was a sin to begin with; it was a love that should never have started.

 

But since long ago, they had stop resisting from the temptation and had plunged themselves into their sinful act.

 

They had loved each other so much; it didn’t have to end up in this way.

 

They could have run away, but no, they did not.

 

“The sky is crying again.”

 

It was always raining when they allowed themselves to be free from the society; it was always raining when their sinful act occurred.

 

It’s as if, God is crying because of their sins.

 

However, it’s raining today too.

 

And that’s when he understood; the rain was just the cover up of their cries.

 

Hiding their painful screams and cries from the society because they had felt so trapped.

 

The rain is like her voice, staying by his side as the memories in his heart. 

 

“Stop the rain, please”

 

The words she had repeated to him time and time again, he found himself mumbling them.

 

He wants the rain to stop so much.

 

So that he could forget her. 

 

Pitter patter…

 

Pitter patter…

 

The time is now 11:37pm.

 

She’s gone; really gone.

 

But somehow, there doesn’t seem to be any tears in his eyes. It seemed to have become a habit.

 

The memories came flowing back suddenly as he sat there alone in the dark.

 

As cliché as it sounds, they were childhood friends and only had each other in the orphanage.

 

She was the older one, always the one taking care of him.

 

Until the bad news hit them one day.

 

It had hurt him so much to see her trying to put up that strong front in front of him so that he would not cry.

 

It had hurt even more when he saw her cried secretly.

 

His strong noona, how he had wished he was the one in her position, so that she wouldn’t have to go through those painful sufferings, which in the end were all nothing.

 

He could hear the sound of the rain hitting his windowpane.

 

She had loved the rain.

 

“I love the rain. Especially when I’m with you. It made me feel at peace.”

 

To her, the rain and himself were her main comfort.

 

To him, she was his everything.

 

And now, he’s left with nothing but that small broken fragment of her buried deeply in is heart.

-
-

And that's it. I changed the forewords to fit this more.
And in case you can't catch it, Zinger died. 
SunDae are in an relationship. (don't judge me.)
That's all. Please leave some lovely comments and tell me which of this four stories is your favourite!

hahahhaha!