Chapter 1

Two Different Worlds

Hey guys! Xiuhan was my first EXO ship so I'm really excited to post a story about them! I hope you will enjoy this story! 

 

            “Well this place is um…rather small,” Luhan brought his suitcase into the small one room apartment and tried to find a space where he could put his suitcase.  He stepped into the room and walked only three steps before hitting the bed.  Right next to the bed was the kitchen.  You could literally cook while in bed.  The bathroom was just a few feet away from the bed and on a little raised platform.  It too looked small. 

            Xiumin was behind Luhan and had three more suitcases with him.  He sighed as he tried to find a place where he could put everything, “I never told you to follow me here, Luhan.”

            “Well you didn’t expect me to wait for you, did you?” Luhan tried to push past the mound of clothes on the floor (the laundry) and groaned when he failed to do so. 

            “I wanted you to come when I was a little bit better off than I am now,” Xiumin pushed past Luhan with the suitcases and threw them on the bed. 

            “I couldn’t wait,” Luhan pouted.  He put his arms around Xiumin’s waist and looked at his boyfriend of 1 year.  The two men were both 25 years old and met when Xiumin was visiting China on one of his “I’m going to explore the world” adventures.  He wound up staying with Luhan for six months.  Luhan was extremely wealthy; his family claimed to have some royalty in their blood somewhere down their family tree.  Luhan himself looked like a prince.  He had pale skin, a delicate but cute looking face, big doe eyes and a charming princely smile. 

            So Xiumin thought it was too good to be true when Luhan took an interest in him.  Luhan was perfect.  He was hot.  He was rich.  And Xiumin was the complete opposite.  He was persistent but unaccomplished.  He was 25 years old and he was still mistaken as a high school student because he was cute.  People still pinched his cheeks whenever they could.  And Xiumin was not rich.  He was barely making it.  Just look at his apartment. 

            In China he lived with Luhan until Luhan’s parents found out.  Yeah Luhan was an adult.  At the time they were both 24.  But Luhan didn’t work.  He lived off of his parent’s money.  He also had an older caretaker, Mr. Chou, (like Alfred from Batman) who did all of his work for him.  Luhan was spoiled, so when Luhan’s parents told Luhan to pick between Xiumin and his parent’s money, Xiumin was sure Luhan would choose his parent’s and their money.  Surely Luhan knew what would happen if he chose Xiumin right?  He would have to work, he wouldn’t have a manservant taking care of him every single day, and he wouldn’t be able to buy cars just for fun.  But Luhan chose Xiumin. 

            But then they had to separate because Xiumin missed home and he wanted to go back to Korea.  So Xiumin did and he got a job as a bartender at a nightclub called Baozi.  He told Luhan to stay in China until he got enough money to support him and Luhan.  In the meantime Luhan lived with Mr. Chou, who was much nicer than his own parents. 

            But if Xiumin understood one thing about Luhan, it was that the blond didn’t take orders well.  And Luhan missed his baozi so here he was. 

           

            “How will we sleep in this place?” Luhan scrunched his nose.  The whole apartment was smaller than his old closet by more than half. 

            “It won’t be easy, but we just need to endure for a few more months.  I’ve been saving money for this new apartment downtown.”

            Luhan turned around and put his arms around Xiumin again, “I’m sorry, Baozi.” 

            Xiumin used to hate that nickname.  Baozi’s were Chinese buns and they were round; he always thought Luhan was calling him fat.  But now he thought it was cute.  Luhan never meant to call Xiumin fat.  He thought Xiumin was cute from the moment he saw him. It had been a cold day and Xiumin was waiting for a taxi outside a pastry shop.  His cheeks had been red and like many other people, Luhan couldn’t resist pinching the stranger’s cheeks.  Xiumin’s cheeks reminded him of baozi.  But he called Xiumin that because of how warm baozis are when they come out of the oven.  Xiumin made him feel warm all the time.  Baozis could contain many things in them from custard, pork, cream, etc.  Xiumin was like that too.  He could be cute, caring, serious, and bitter at times, but no matter what Luhan still loved Xiumin. 

            “Why are you sorry?” Xiumin asked, “I mean you could’ve called to tell me you were coming, but I’m glad you’re here,” Xiumin kissed Luhan on the nose.  Luhan frowned and squished Xiumin’s cheeks and then proceeded to kiss him on the lips. 

            “It’s been two months and you want to kiss me there?”

           

            “You mean the Luhan?” Tao asked incredulously.  He was sitting on a stool at the bar.  It was around 7PM and the nightclub wouldn’t open for another two hours, but Baozi also served as a mediocre restaurant during the daytime and evening hours. 

Tao was a regular at the nightclub but he basically came here just to talk to Xiumin.  They became friends about two months ago when Xiumin got the bartending job. Tao was from China and when he met Xiumin he’d been incredibly homesick.  So he immediately became friends with Xiumin, who knew how to speak Mandarin and used to live in China for a while.  They were pretty close so Tao knew all about Luhan and likewise Xiumin knew about Tao’s difficulties as an intern at Oh Corporation, which was one of Korea’s most prestigious companies. 

            “Yeah,” Xiumin rubbed the counter.

            “Where is he?  I’d like to meet this prince you’re always talking about,” Tao sipped his Sprite.  Tao didn’t like to drink a lot. 

            “He’s out shopping right now,” Xiumin said softly.

            “With whose money?” Tao raised an eyebrow.

            “His caretaker’s,” Xiumin frowned.  He worried that Luhan would get a reality shock when he ran out of money.  Even though he’d been cut off from his parent’s money, Luhan had lived with his caretaker.  His caretaker spoiled Luhan.  Before Luhan came to Korea the man had given Luhan a good amount of money.  Shopping money for Luhan was equal to a whole year’s rent for Xiumin. 

            “I’m just afraid of how we’re going to live in my apartment for the next few months.  I know Luhan won’t say anything, but he’s not used to this kind of world yet.”

            Tao sighed, “You know my roommate just moved out.  They paid the whole year’s rent.  If it gets too tight in your house, I don’t mind having one of you as a roommate.  It would be nice,” Tao said. 

 

            “Ooomph,” Xiumin groaned as he was pushed off of his bed and into the laundry.  Luckily, the dirty clothes served as a nice cushion for his fall.  He’d forgotten how much Luhan liked hogging the bed.  Sleeping with him was a herculean task.  Luhan was used to sleeping on a huge king sized bed.  He was used to sleeping under layers of fine blankets and fluffy pillows.  And when he wasn’t sleeping on a big bed or under layers of blankets with a nice pillow, Luhan kicked.  He would sleep like a log but he would kick like he was in a fight.

            Xiumin groaned again.  That was the second time that night he’d been kicked out of his bed.  And probably the eighth time this week.  He got back onto his bed just to be kicked on the arm by his boyfriend.  He caught his boyfriend’s leg and got safely on the bed.  Luhan thrashed around and Xiumin decided to fall on his boyfriend.  He clambered on top of the blond and used his whole body to cover his boyfriend’s. 

            Luhan opened his eyes in shock when he saw Xiumin on top of him.  Xiumin was wrapping his arms around Luhan’s waist and laid his head in the crook of Luhan’s neck. 

            “What are you doing?” Luhan asked.  He tried to move, but couldn’t. 

            “Do you know you’re a kicker when you sleep?” Xiumin mumbled. 

            Luhan’s eyes widened even more, “I thought I stopped!  I used to do that when I was a kid, but I thought I grew out of it.”

            “Well I have bruises to prove that you haven’t.”

            Luhan immediately kissed Xiumin (well whatever he could reach) and put his arms around Xiumin’s waist, “I’m sorry.  It’s just I’m not…used to this.”

            He could feel Xiumin frown through the pillows but immediately patted Xiumin’s back, “But I’m trying!  I really am.  It just needs getting used to.  But I can.  I will.”

            “I know you will, Luhannie,” Xiumin mumbled, “But let’s just try to go to sleep now.”