Prologue

Who`s My Prince Charming: Myungsoo Edition


(What's going on here...?)

 

A man in front of me was down on one knee, peering up at me with a dazzling smile.

"Won't you accompany me on a date?"

i still didn't know the identity of the man in front of me.

nor did i realize that this meeting would change my life forever...

 

Flash Back

 

(My goodness... Everything is so beautiful!)

I was out enjoying my first day off since arriving here in SM Kingdom as an exchange student.

This country, with a history spanning 80 generations, values its people's out autonomy over old tradition and has a glamorous streak.

This sense of glamour seemed to tint the picture-perfect streets of the city as well as the people filling its streets.

I always dreamed of seeing it for myself, and now.... i'm here.

(Seeing it in person really is different than looking at photos... hm?)

 

it was then that i saw an old man in the street, doubled over.

"are you okay!?" I called out to him as I hurried to his side and the old man looked up at me with a troubled expression, and my eyes were met with an elegant face and fine clothing.

"oh, i suddenly feel a tad unwell is all..." The man let out a painful sigh.

(I wonder if he's from around here?)

"I saw a park just over there. How would you like to sit with me on one of its benches?" I rubbed his back as i invited him.

"That's all right, somebody should be coming for me soon enough..." The old man's words trailed off as his eyes rested oh the necklace i was wearing.

"Miss, that necklace...?"

"what, this?" I touched the necklace that lay against my skin.

"it's one my personal treasures, from my mother. ...Um, is there something...?"

"no, no, it's nothing. Please excuse me. I can get distracted from time to time."

"that's all right..."

A luxury car then drove up to us, and a man climbed out. He seemed in a hurry.

"Master, has something happened?" I addressed the new kneeling man from the car, whose face has turned pale.

"He seemed to be felling unwell." The Man Looked even more troubled by my words and he put his hand to the older man's shoulder.

"Are you all right, sir?"

"Yes, much better thanks to this young lady. ... Thank You." The old man leaned on the younger man's hand as he straightened up and smiled at me.

"No, please. Anyway, i should get going..." I gave a little bow and turned to leave, but the old man called out to stop me.

"Please, one moment." I turned back and the old man was whispering something to the other man.

"What is your name, young lady?"

"My name?"

"I'd like to know the name of a person who has treated me with such kindness, wouldn't you?" The old men flashed me a bright smile. Then he handed me a piece of paper that had been handed to him by the man by his side.

"If you ever need any help, please allow me to return the favor. All you need to do is contact me at this number." There was a telephone number written oh the paper, which i had accepted without thinking.

"Uh... I.." Before i could form a thought, the old man spoke again.

"Your name, miss?" Startled by the slightly forceful tone, I replied in a rush, "um, my name is Lee Ji Eun."

 

 

(So... what am i going to do with this?)

I was strolling aimlessly as I looked down at the paper i had just received.

(All i did was just rub his back a little. What am i supposed to do with his phone number...)

(...Well, for now, in my pocket it goes...) At that moment, i felt something strike me on the top of my head.

(Huh...?)

I looked up to see that the sky which was so bright just a moment ago was now covered by dark rain clouds. Raindrops were falling, the rain growing heavier and heavier, so i ran for cover under the awning of the closest shop.

As fate would have it, the store i dashed into was a flower shop, full of a variety od fragrances. Suddenly overcome by all the beautiful flowers, i let out a whisper without thinking.

"They're so beautiful..." And then the soft voice of a man reached my ears.

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful young lady."

(who...?)

I turned around to see someone holding out an umbrella to me.

"I'm sorry. That was a bit forward of me. Did i Frighten you?" The holder of the umbrella was a young man with a gentle smile.

(This man... i feel like i've seen him somewhere before. And those clothes...)

I cocked my head to the side as i eyed him somewhat fancy clothing.

He smiled brightly

"...Aren't you getting wet standing there?" he gentle smile appeared on his lips as he held the umbrella out to me.

(this guy reminds me of the SM's Prince Baekhyun...)

(But there is no way a prince would be wondering around a place like this...)

"That's okay... I'm fine under this awning. I think that you're the only one getting wet..."

"I'm all right. You know, if you listen hard enough, it almost seems like you can hear whispers from beautiful flower like these. Hearing that, i came to this shop, and here, this beautiful flower..." His hand reached gently brushed my cheek.

(Beautiful flower...?) That smile seemed to me in and suddenly i felt my heart pounding... ...and then, ovee the man's shoulder, i noticed that a great many black cars where speeding by.

(Wow...)

I couldn'd help staring at the expensive cars as they flew by, one after another. One of those cars splashed up mud as is passed.

"OMO!"

(He's going to get covered in mud...!)

As i thought the words, i dashed forward to try to protect the man from the splash.

And then... with a splash, my clothes were covered with muddy water.

(ahhh...)

"um..."

As soon as he noticed what had happened, the man prepelled me towards the flower shop and looked me over in concern.

"are you all right?"

"I... yes."

That was what i said, but i clearly was not all right. Then the car that hat splattered me with mud stopped a little way ahead and a man stepped out of it.

"Please forgive me. Were you struck, miss?" As he spoke, his eyed fell on the man beside me.

"oh..."

(oh? Do they... know each other?)

"were you... on your way to the party, sir?"

"yes..."

Just then, a new voice snapped into the conversation.

"...What are you doing?"

(what?)

i turned in the direction of that voice.

Then i saw another man step out of the car, in rather dressy clothes just like the man beside me.

(oh... i've seen him somewhere, as well...)

"Forgive me, sir. This young lady here was struck with mud due to my reckless driving and..."

"mud?" He stared at me boldly. Then he seemed to notice the man beside me and started.

"...Sorry, but i'm in a hurry. Luke, you take care of this."

After he spoke, he turned his back on us and hurried back to his car.

(wha...what was that? He didn't even apologize?)

"Er... please accept our apologies, miss. You must allow us to pay to replace your damaged clothes. You need only send us the bill after you buy something to replace you outfit." He held out a card as he spoke.

"Come on! Let's go." the rude guy yelled

"a-at once, sir!"

Then i watched as they went back to their car. I heard a snickering laugh from behind me.

"he just never changes..." I saw the man smiling when i turned to look at him.

"first... you take this." As he spoke, he smoothly held out a handkerchief.

(oh...)

i hesitated slightly before i accepted the kind gesture.

"thank you." i lightly patted at the mud withbthe handkerchief and he spoke in a kind voice.

"i am sorry, though. Your lovely outfit was ruined just for me..."

 

"no, it's not... it wasn't your fault. please don't worry about it."

The man seemed startled by my smile and he stared openly at my face.

(wha... what now?)

That serious expression set my heart racing all at once, Then... he dropped to one knee before me and took my hand in his.

(huh..?) and the words that come next from his mouth...

"won't you accompany me on a date?"

 

End of Flash Back

 

(i can't believe that i'm actually here...)

That was the only thought in my head as i stood before the castle of Noble Byun. It was the largest castle in the world, best know for being a site where only member of the royal families of the six great kingdoms could be married. It was the holy land for any girl in the world who had ever dreamed of being a princess. But what am i doing in this place that any woman would dream to come to? The truth was that i had been brought thanks to that man's sudden invitation...

 

Flash Back

 

"a... date?" i stood fixed to the spot in shock and another gentle smile appeared on his face.

"To ruin a woman's clothing is as serious a sin as to pluck a beautiful rose from its branch."

(a beautiful rose...? what does that have to do with anything...?)

"o-okay...?" then the man drew my hand to him and kissed the back of it.

"i don't know if this can serve as an appropriate apology, but... won't you do me the honor of going with me to tonight's party?"

(party?oh... that's all he meant by a date...) Then the man continued with a serius expression.

"Louis, could you make the necessary preparation?"

"At once, sir."

I hurriedy opened my mouth to speak when i heard that exchange.

"but i can't possibly go to a party! I Just came to Charles as an exchange student. i didn't bring anything dressy to wear or..." Then the man smiled gently again.

"That is nothing to worry about. We will take care of everything." As he spoke, he clapped his hands and several men and women appeated at that signal.

(wha.. what the...!?)

Unbothered by my shock, he gave out orders to the people who had appeared around us.

"A dress for the lady, please. And hair and makeup, too. oh, and have these clothes cleaned and have replacements prepared as well."

 

End of The Flash Back

 

(but i never thought i would be brought someplace like this...)

I had just stepped into the castle of Noble Byun, i lifted the hem of the borrowed dress and stepped forward, timidly.

(He told me that he would see me inside, but... i never even had time to ask him his name...)

I was about to step into the ballroom when i was nearly knocked over by someone stepping out of the room.

(oh...!)

"...Excuse me."

I looked up and saw a regal face looking down at me.

"no, i am the one who must apologize."

I lowered my head respectfully and he smiled slightly.

"i haven't seen you at one of these parties before."

(OH! He's actually really good looking! though he's dressed like that man...  I wonder if it is the formal dress from some foreign country?)

"... It is a pleasure, sir. My name is Lee Ji Eun."

"... A pleasure." Those curt words left me feeling nervous again for a moment.

"is this perhaps your first time here?" I nodded when he asked.

"Yes, it is."

(But how could he tell that it was?)

As i stared curiously at him, he smiled for a brief instant.

(wow...) Then i heard another voice coming from behind us.

"...well, isn't this a surprise; finding you actually talking with a women."

I turned when i heard those words and another man was standing there with a bright smile.

"... won't you introduce me?"

"i'm hardly in a position to be giving introductions... excuse me."

That was all he said before he stepped back into the ballroom.

"No surprise to find that he's as cold as ever... But are you not going in?"

I hurriedly stepped to the side.

"Excuse me, i didn't mean to stand in your way." Then the man easily took my hand in his.

"You needn't worry about anything like that, my dear."

('My dear'...? me?)

"Meeting you here like this must be some sort of fate. won't you allow me to you into the party?" He peered into my face as he spoke, his tone slightly teasing.

(It is a bit embarrassing to walk in by myself.... maybe i should let him me...)

"... I would be honored, sir. Thank you." and then i stepped into a world unlike any i had ever know before.

(...I knew i wouldn't fit in here. Maybe i should just go home...)

As i thought the words, i reached out for a glass of champagne off of a nearby table. At the same moment, a man standing nearby also reached for a glass and our hand met.

"...sorry."

"oh, no... please excuse me." The man hardly seemed to notice me as he lifted the glass from the table and drained it dry. Then he took several more glasses and drained them well.

(whoa... that's quite impressive.)

Perhaps he noticed me staring, but the man did finally acknowledge my existence.

"what? have you never seen anyone drink before?"

"er, no.... i..."

now that i looked at him, i saw that he was wearing the same sort of outfit as the men i'd met before.

(hmm... and i feel like i've seen him on TV or something as well...)

Then another man's voice interrupted us.

"what a nice manners. Instead of saying hello, you're here with the alcohol and the women."

The new man, with just a hint of innocence about his cherubic face, was also wearing the same sort of outfit.

(i'm sure of it now. It must be some sort of local dress for formal occasions.)

When he heard those words, the man drinking champagne spoke in a disgruntled tone.

"...what do you mean by that?"

"nothing in particular." The new man smiled and the other sighed as he muttered.

"i don't know how you put up with being up on parade like this..."we don't have a choice, do we? it's part of our civil duty and all that. so come, let's be going." The drinker nodded reluctantly at those words.

"...i know ...goodbye." he glanced ar me for a moment before he fell in with the other man, and then they wee gone.

(and him, too... i feel sure i've seen him somewhere... is it all in my head?) just as the thought crossed my mind, a voice filled the room.

"Ladies and gentleman, thank you for your patience! please turn your eyes now to the balcony atop the spiral staircase!"

(wha...what?)

i looked about the excited crowd and everyone was staring up at the balcony. My eyes were also drawn up the stairs.

"The eyes of the world are all upon them; the future kings of the six greatest kingdoms on earth!"

(what?)

And then the spotlight snapped on, illuminating the figure of six men.

(The future kings...? Those guys are...!?)

I stared wide-eyed at the men's faces.

"First is SM's own Prince Baekhyun"

At those words, on of the started down the spiral staircase.

(what!? ...I's thought he just looked like him, but he really is the crown prince!? A real prince... i can't believe i...)

He stepped down off the stairs and another pair of footsteps could be heard coming down that stairecase.

"Prince Sehun of EXO!"

(Oh.... Isn't that the man i almost run into...? I thought he seemed quite cool and good-looking, but... He is the prince of EXO?)

As my eyes followed him, the next prince was also introduced.

"Prince Jongin of Seoul!"

I felt slightly suffocated as i saw prince Jongin coming down the stairs.

(h-he is also one of them...? oh... no wonder he seemed to know Prince Baekhyun. But i never would have taken him for a prince...)

Then another familiar face entered my line of sight.

"Prince Minho of Shawol!"

(oh, that's the man who escorted me into the ballroom tonight... which means... i was escorted in by a future king!?)

As i stood in shock, another man was being introdused to the audience.

"Prince Myungsoo of Infinite!"

A very smartly put-together man looked down upon the crowd.

(...huh? isn't that the man who drained all those champagne glasses? He had a slightly frightening air about him, but even he was a prince...)

i couldn't hide my complete shock, even as the spotlight fell on the las prince.

"and Prince Junhong of TS!"

(he's a prince, too!?...He looks a fair bit younger than the other princes's, thought. Maybe even younger than me.)

At last all six men had made their way down the spiralcase and a great storm of applause naturally filled the room.

(...how could it be that the six men i met today all turned out to be princes? Things like this just don't happen, right...?)

After that it had come time for the receiving line, but i was unable to approach the prince.

(though i do want to go and thank Prince Baekhyun at least...)

Despite that wish, the space in front of the princes was filled by an army of woman. There was no clear way to get in front of them. Jus then, someone shoved past me and sent me knocking into another stranger.

"Watch it!"

(oh!)

Flung forward, i tumbled to the ground, my hands breaking my fall. Silence fell around me for a moment.

(argh! how embarrassing!)

I hurriedly tride to stand and then...

"... are you all right?"

a hand appeared before me, together with that voice.

(oh, this voice is...)

I looked up and there was Prince Baekhyun smiling at me.

"...Thank you." i borrowed his hand and pulled myself up as the prince gently smiled.

"...so you... are a prince. Please forgive me for all of the thoughtless things i said..." his eyes glimmered when he heard my words.

"no, i am at the fault for bringing you someplace like ths without even giving you my name, I am the one who should be apologizing."

Prince Baekhyun looked at me as he spoke.

"i wasn't sure how such a last minute outfit would look, but... you look divine." My face flushed red when i heard those words.

"that's not... oh, but i do thankyou for lending me this beautiful dress." i smiled back at him and he squeezed my hand, still held in his.

"A dress exists only to be worn by a women. I am sure that this dress is glad that it could adorn someone as beautiful as yourself."

"i..."

"but if you aren't careful, you may just find yourself the target of jealousy with beauty such as yours.... I'm sure the lovely flowers decorating this ballroom all wish they were quite as captivating as the bloom in your cheeks."

(it's really quite embarrassing, but still...)

a voice spoke up from behind us.

"i never would have expected you to know the lady, Prince Baekhyu." when i looked, i saw that it was Prince Minho, who had escorted me into the ballroom.

"Thanks for joining me before." I bowed my head when he spoke to me.

"no, thank you, sir, for escorting me!"

"what's this? you know Prince Minho?"

"i wouldn't say that i know him... we only just met at the entrance..."

"that's right. you must know her better than me, don't you prince Baekhyun?"

Prince Baekhyun smile softly.

"I'm afraid that i only just met her today myself.... But it is really thanks to Prince Jongin that i could invite her here this eveing." then Prince Jogin, who had been standing nearby, cut into the conversation.

"thanks to me?"

"yes, that's right. don't you remember the woman whose clother were yuined by your car kicking up mud this afternoon?" Prince Jongin cocked his head to the side, then looked at my face.

"oh... you're the one from the street. but why are you here?"

"Prince Baekhyun kindly invited me here to apologize for the damage to my clothes."

"he invited you? ...hmm. well, he did always like to dabble with commoners." He glanced at me as he spoke and then he walked away.

(ugh... he's kind of a jerk!)

i grimached and then i felt piercing eyes on me. when i looked, Prince Sehun was examining my face.

(oh...)

He chuchled as he walked away.

(oh, great! now a prince caught me making a strange face...)

At that moment, Prince Minho began speaking with a smile.

"Prince Jongin seemed quite worked up. i wonder if he was trying to catch you eye?"

(...what?)

"Pince Minho, you know that Prince Jongin would be angry if he heard you say something like that." Prince Minho shrugged and laughed.

"that is fun in its own way, too. But i'd rather just talk to you more... how about it?" Prince Minho cracked a smile and my heart skipped a beat.

Then a low voice suddenly interrupted us.

"Forgive me, but tonight's party is meant for the princes to mingle. Don't you think you ought to refrain from such private matters?" i turned and Prince Myungsoo was standing there. For a moment, his eyes lingered on me. But then his gaze returned to the other prince, as if i was of no special note.

(i see... well, there are so many people here, it's no wonder that he doesn't remember meeting me before.)

"i guess i must apologize for disrupting the evening. But i was the one who invited the lady, so could you at least excuse me?" Prince Baekhyun bowed his head politely. Then Prince Mungsoo turned his back on him and sighed quietly.

"... if you're going to go that far, then i don't particularly car what you do. But would you like to avoid causing any more disruptions."

When he done speaking, he headed back to the center of the dance floor and i heard someone clucking at us nearby.

"what a bore..." I looked around and there was Prince Junhong, who had so recently been the last introduced. Seeing him up close only confirmed my earlier impression that he was younger than i was.

"...oh, excuse me. i've just always thought that such gatherings as this are quite tedious... But i should not be airing such private feelings in public. If you'll excuse me..." Prince Junhong tossed the words behind him as he left. As we watched him go, Prince Baekhyun laughed softly.

"He never changes. Good little Prince Junhong."

"But it's okay if he's a bit prickly. It's quite cute on him."

(Cure...? him?)

as i harbored my own doubts in my mind, Prince Baekhyun and Prince Minho's bytlers called out to them.

"oh... I suppose we must be going."

"Enjoy yourself, all right? i'll see you later."

"y-yes. Thank you very much."

...music slowly swelled and filled the room again from nowhere. In response to the music, couples started to form throughout the ballroom.

(is there going to be dancing?)

it seemed as if there was a chance to dance with the prince, as well... ...judging by the great hordes of woman that were surrounding them once again.

(amazing... but, well, it has nothing to do with me. maybe i should go hit up the food tables while everyone's dancing.)

i began walking towards the tables where the food was lide out.

"...Might i have this dance?"

(huh?)

i turned and standing there before me was...

 

TBC

 


 

whew..... the prologue finally finished.... sorry if i had a grammar error 

BTW hope you all enjoy it and comment please~

PAI-PAI~<3

 <~(this pic aren't mine)