Cleaning up a mess

Boo boo bear

Deni drove home from a horrible day at work where everything and everyone got on her nerves. She turned the music up in her car and hoped Tablo would come to her rescue "Up! Up! Baby get up, up, we're going up!" she sang along, feeling a tad bit better than she felt before the ride, but she was still by no means in the happy-as-a-cupcake state yet.

Dialing the security number in, she entered her apartmet only to wonder if she was at the wrong one. Comic books strewn around, cushions everywhere, curtain drapes hanging loose from one end, and underneath what looked like a pile of clothes, a pair of long legs and the tips of a much shorter pair were visible. It was as if she married someone her son's age. All the uplifting just disappeared and she was just as mad if possible madder than when she left work.

Slowly, carefully, she made her way accross the room, lifted off the few T-shirts and towels that served as their blanket and carried a still asleep Parker from Top's chest to be tucked into a bed while his current mattress substitute would clean up. The bedroom was even more of a mess, she just cleaned off the general bed area and placed Parker in the bed pulling up the sheets and placing a soft kiss on the forehead.

"You! What happened here? Why does it look like a tornado just wrecked the room?" She yelled, effectively waking Top up from his deep slumber and eliciting a confused look from him. "Oh! Hi Deni" he said sheepishly before remembering that Parker was sleeping on him and panicking for a brief moment. "Parker is in his bed, isn't he?" he asked after realisation made its way into his sleepy brain.

"If you can still call it a bed!" Deni said, still fuming over the mess they made. "You clean up the mess while I sleep. I'm in no mood to clean this up" she said making clear that the topic was not up for debate. "Jaakiyaaaaa," Top said while doing a shoulder wiggle that got Deni to agree with him most of the time, but there was a lot of fire and not enough water today "Boo boo bear says let's clean up together" he said pouting a pit to add to the aegyo effect. Top doing aegyo. How many fangirls would have sold both their kidneys, a liver, a lung and some of their skin for Top's agyeo live? Many.

"No. I'm too tired today, I'm going to sleep while you clean the mess you made." Deni said, making her way to the master bedroom, her eyes on the floor carely fully placing her foot on bare floor, not wanting to step on anything. When she woke up, Top was cleaning their bed room with his headphones on, dancing against the wall occasionally. Then he did a very cinderella like twirl stopping mid-turn and falling clumsily on the floor, landing in what looked like a complicated Yoga pose. "Help?" he asked her knowing he's not going to get it any time soon by the way she was laughing. He laughed too and pouted and pointed at his knee going "Boo boo. Tabi wants a kissie"

Deni wasn't mad anymore and she did as he asked and kissed his knee. "All better. Wanna play kai bai bo? Winner gets to pick a spot on the loser to kiss." Top suggested.

Top won, he chose to kiss Deni on her sensitive spot on the neck, slowly the area so that his actions left a dark blue mark on the area. "Thought I'd mark my territory again." he said. Deni wasn't going to let this go as she proposed another round of rock paper scissors. She won this time and she kissed his lips, a deep passionate kiss that mirrorred her appreciation and love for the man before her. The kiss deepened and as buttons were being undone, a very distinct "Mommy? Daddy?" could be heard from the hall. "Parker!" Top gasps as Deni fixes her clothes and her hair and tries to get her breathing straight. "Be right there in a minute honey" she said getting up and walking towards Parker. She turned towards him when she reached the door and said "You still have to clean this up by the way" and stuck her tongue out before letting out a laugh and walking away as she heard Top sigh. 

"Mommy, I had the best day ever! Daddy said he's staying over for a few days and that starting today, we'll be having loads of fun! Today we played superhero! Daddy has super strength and he can lift me with one arm and he can twirl around with me still on his arm! That is so awesome!" Parker said, animatedly describing his day. But what caught her eye was the housekeeper in the room. Top hadn't cleaned anything at all, he just got hired help to do his job. She was placing the cusions back in their places when Top's voice spoke up "You didn't think I'd actually do it, did you? And I know you didn't mean it. Crappy day at work?" he asked.

"We'll talk about this later" Deni said fixing up a sandwich for everyone. "In bed, along with other things. We need to continue our game. I don't accept ties." he whispered into her ear, winking at Parker who was looking at them curiously. Deni had turned the colour of beet and spoke to the hired help "Thank you. This one here isn't capable of lifting a finger." she said. "He cleaned your bed room, wouldn't let me in there. Just so you know" the kind lady said smiling at Top before leaving.

Parker was the one to break the awkward silence as he began narrating their adventures and the room came alive. Top stole a few glances at a smiling Deni and knew his transgressions were forgiven.