Chapter 2

SCHOOL 2013

"I'm he-" The new teacher ran into the staffroom with one hand stuffed into her bag as she organized things around while the other stood stiff by her side as she looked up, considering the atmosphere of the room.

All the teachers looked up from their respective study booths as they looked up at the new teacher who had just walked into the staffroom.

She quickly regained herself as she bent down half way, greeting the other teachers with a,"Annyeonghaseyo." The teachers quickly looked down at their desks once again, as they ignored her greet. This was weird, the new teacher thought. Everyone's rather cold.

"Ah! Welcome teacher Jung. Take a seat," the vice principal approached her, pointing to an empty study booth as she nodded politely, and took her seat. "Ah!.. Listen up everybody!" The vice principal turned around to face the teachers, as they all looked up with a single attention call," This is our new teacher Miss Jung. She will be joining us as the new literature teacher."

"Please take care of me," Mrs Jung got up fom her seat, taking a full bow, seating herself back onto her chair.

"Ah ttohan! (also).. We currently are in need of a homeroom teacher for the sophomore class kres-," the vice principal hadn't finished yet when the teachers began to chitter chatter amongst themselves, gasping at the thought of a homeroom teacher for the sophomore class.

".. EHEM!" The vice principal cleared his throat as all the teachers quited down, respecting his higher status," Kre seo!.. Mrs Jung!.. You'll have to take the place as their new homeroom teacher," the vice principal stated, receiving mixed feelings and expressions. Some teachers sighed heavily feeling relieved they hadn't been chosen as the homeroom teacher while others, sat in their chairs, a little shocked since she was new and had been appointed such a big task right from the bat.

".. Umm.. that sounds rather.. difficult for someone who's just come into our school. Will she able to take on the sophomore class? I mean.. all the homeroom teachers assigned to that class so far, have all quit and weren't able to take those kids anymore. WE'VE seen those kids and they're impossible to handle. Will she-" The teacher sitting infront of Miss Jung's booth stated when the principal interrupted her, " That class is the most in need of a homeroom teacher! Their grades are the lowest in the entire school, dragging the reputation of the school down! And I haven't just assigned anybody to that class! Miss Jung here has been teaching for 5 consecutive years. They NEED someone with such high experience to boost their grades up this year otherwise, we won't know what to do with that class anymore. But I'm sure you'll be able to do it Teacher Jung... Can we trust you?"

All the teachers turned to look at Miss Jung who looked around for a bit before she answered," Ye.. gyogam.. seonsaengnim." (vice principal)

"A ras seo then!" The principal pushed himself forward in the chair, placing his hands on the arms of the chair when the bell rang.

"Oh!.. Kaja!" One of the teachers pulled on his vest as he took a deep breathe and led the others out of the staffroom. It was first day of school and all teachers were feeling nervous.

---

Miss Jung made her way to class as she paused infront of the door, before sliding it open to get inside. She took a step in when her heart sank into dimension. She looked around to be welcomed to a class full of haywire hyenas! The kids jumped onto desks, threw utensils around, bickered back and forth yelling on the top of their lungs, laughed rather strangely.. but loud, danced around childishly with offtune hums and beats they expressed with their mouths, and just about anything else that would define a bunch of hooligans. There were no signs of decipline, manners or etiquet behaviors.

"I ban," (class) she calmly stated to the class as she made her way to the front desk. No student payed a single attention to her, as they continued to run around and yelp disrespectly."... I BAN!!" She banged the binder she held in her hands onto the wooden teachers desk as the class brought their attention to the new teacher. She sighed a silent huff of relief as she had just overcome her first issue, but knew that there were way more things to overcome with such a illmannered class like this. She shut her eyes for a split second, as she took it all in, taking in the fact that it was going to be a difficult year for her. Her full motherly-teacher instincts kicked in, as she knew it wasn't going to be easy to bring this class's wacked behaviors down a notch.

"I am your new homeroom teacher, as of today, Miss Jung," she introduced herself in an old fashioned manner.

---

Barely ten minutes of class had gone by when the class was interrupted by an elderly looking male. Everyone rose their heads up from their desks, as a loud bang was heard from the front of the classroom. The elderly male had hit the end point of his stick against the hard wooden table, resulting in the loud and abrupt sound.

"Each and every one of you!.. Place your hands over your head," the teacher emmitted a strong force, which, worked for him as most students obediently raised their arms up and placed their hands either on the top of their heads or at the back of their necks.

"Oh Jung ho!.. Iloewa," the elder man instructed the thug to come up to the class," And bring your bag," the instructive male seemed disturbed, making his way into the class all so sudden.

"IleoWA!!" The male shouted angerly from the front of the class, as Jung ho turned his head, looking the other way. He sighed heavily, annoyed by the respected figure as he quickly pulled the pack of cigars his two friends had purchased for him earlier from his side pocket, and stuck it to a sticky tack, sticking it under his desk.

He looked up at the elder, knowing he wasn't one to just give up and leave, as he took another huff of annoyance, grabbing his school bag from the floor, and made his way to the front of the class.

"Go nam soon!.. Go look in his desk" The elderly looking male called out another student, ordering him to look in Jung ho's desk, as the homeroom teacher became apprehensive,"Uhh.. Seongsaengnim!.. I'll look in hi-" She was interrupted mid-way by the other respective figure,"You check his bag," He handed the new teacher the bag belonging to the thug as he wanted nothing to slip by this time. This might have not been the first time such a scenario had tooken place with the certain classroom.

Nam soon made his way out of his desk as he approached the desk where the thug was always seated at. He kept looking straight at Jung ho, not wanting to get him into trouble, as he was fearing he might actually find something, such as a pack of cigarettes, not wanting to. Jung ho itched him a warning sign as Nam soon ignored it, and bent down, scanning inside the desk. He slid his hand along the bottom of the desk as he felt something, something with alot of corners and angles. Not a second later, did the item drop onto the floor. Nam soon hadn't done it intentionally, infact, he was only checking in the desk to make it seem as though he was really checking. He told himself even if he found something, he would let it slip as he didn't want the other to get into trouble with the bold and decisive elder. 

Nam soon bent back up into a straight posture, mentally cursing himself as he looked to where the thug stood. The thug gritted his teeth at the sight of the element of his supposed crime clashing down onto the ground. He scrunched his mouth up, trying to keep the anger from escaping through his words or moreso, actions.

The forceful elder placed a quick smirk as he knew something had been going on, and the fact that he had caught him again, made his feel proud. He was now only looking for a more intense punishment to be handed out to the perpetrator. He turned around as he eyed the thug. The thug looked up at the elder, who wasn't pleased with the younger, as he looked away and exchanged one last glance with Nam soon. The respective male made his way out the class as the new homeroom teacher threw her arm out, extending it out, letting the other know he was to follow the elder out.

Jung ho clenched his teeth as he grabbed his back pack from the teachers hand, throwing the strap over his shoulder, burrying his other hand deep into his side pocket as he led himself out. 

Nam soon looked down as he looked quite uncomfortable and walked back to his desk. He sat in his chair as he immediately threw an arm across the desk and brought his head down, resting it on his sturdy arm as he faced the wall and shut his eyes.

---

"Oi snitch!" Jung ho called out as he and his crew made their way up to the other student. "Ya!" He called out once more as the three of them continued to walk towards Nam soon. He closed his eyes for a split second as he bit his tongue. He opened them up again, as he reluctantly turned around, not wanting to be in the current situation. He looked up to face them, as they all exposed a mixture of angered and annoyed expressions.

"Yaa.. you wanna clash heads with ME now!?" The thug extended his arm as he hit the palm of his hand againt Nam soons chest, pushing him back. Nam soon stumbled a little as he clenched his teeth harder. He didn't want to start a fight with the others. He just wanted to get home and lay down. School itself exhausted him (even though he only slept through all his classes) and especially with situations like these taking place from time to time, it completely took it all out of him.

"Yaa.. I'm talking to you," the thug stated, ofcourse, not wanting to hear a WORD out of the others mouth but just stated so as to intimidate him further. What he didn't know though was, Nam soon wasn't all that intimidated. Infact, he wasn't even a slight bit fearful of the other. He just didn't want to bicker back for it may make the situation worse that what it already was.

"YAA!" The thug yelled at his face as he pushed him back harder. "You really wanna piss me off?.. UH!?" He referred to the incident back in class.

"Gu man hae.. people are looking at us from all sides," Nam soon warned the other, letting him know if they did it here, infront of the school, teachers were bound to come out to deal with it and that's not what either of them wanted.

"Kre.. then let's take it elsewhere," the thug expressed a slight smirk as he burried his hands into his pockets and led his crew as well as Nam soon, to their regular hide away.

---

"Aghh," Nam soon whimpered a breathe of pain as he threw his head back and gripped his hand tight around his thigh. "Ugh!" Jung ho threw another kick but to his back, only resulting in more pain. Nam soon clenched his teeth together tightly, bringing immense pressure to his jaw as he tried to ease the pain away by doing so.

"You wanna snitch again?.. UH!?" Jung ho had spread his legs apart, as he was bent over halfway, overshadowing the victim as he reached his hands out, and held onto the collar of his shirt, pulling him up.

Nam soon placed his palm on the hard and dusty ground, as he helped his feet gain a grip as the other pulled him up. He managed to get on his two feet, as his entire body ached when the thug through a punch at his jaw. Nam soons body twirled halfway as he stumbled to his feet, his arm flailing uncontrollably.

The other two seized the opportunity as they walked up to where he was doubled over, and began kicking at the dusty ground where his face, faced the ground below. They began kicking dust into his face, not missing the eyes, as Nam soon blinked, having some dust enter into the rims of his eyes. He quickly shut his eyes as the other two laughed and enjoyed their doings.

Jung ho was amused by the sight of the other being tortured as he felt like imposing more hurt and pain onto him. He couldn't hold his urge back as he made his way to Nam soon, gripping onto the back of his shirt as he pulled him up into a nearly straight posture, and turned him around forcefully.

He looked onto Nam soons face for a few seconds, as a smirk began to form around the corner of his mouth. Nam soon gulped as he didn't do anything to defend himself or even retalliate in any way. He felt this was a kind of punishment for his wrong doing. He felt he deserved to get hit for the horrible thing he had done in the past. Ani. This wasn't even close to the amount or harshness of the punishment/punishments he deserved.

Jung ho released his hand from the back of Nam soons shirt as he brought it to the front of his shirt, gripping onto the front of his shirt, gaining himself a better grip so when he hit him, he'd get better aim.

Jung ho raised his free hand as he clenched it into a fist in mid air. He pulled his hand back, allowing more force to come with the hit as he didn't wait a second longer, and charged his fist at the other.

Nam soons face was wounded and bruised as blood ran down the side of his head, as well as the corner of his mouth. He looked away as he knew it'd be all over with soon. 

He continued to look away, as the thug charged his fist at his wounded face. Nam soon waited an extra few seconds, waiting to be hit but, it seemed as though, the fist was never going to come at him.

He finally decided to look up, taking a peek at the thug, seeing what was going on and what was stopping the other from pounding his face when his eyes went narrow. They hadn't narrowed until he had seen the shocked expression on the thugs face. He tilted his face a little, confused by the whole thing when he focused his eyesight, on the hand, that was preventing the thug from smashing him to bits. The hand had been extended infront of Nam soon and was holding back the thugs clenched fist.

Nam soon focused on the defenders hand and arm as he followed up the extended arm when he came face to face, with soemthing, somebody... he had NEVER.. wanted to face.. not even!.. in the shallow ends of his dreams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class Time!

school: haggyo                        principal: wongeum             test: teseuteu                                    Mrs: gage bu-in -- Miss: agassi

student: hagsaeng                  teacher: seonsaeng            exam: siheom                                    Mr: ssi/ miseuteo

students: Jaehagsaeng          work: il                                school bag: chaeggabang                  friend: chingu

 

Note: -If just want to say bag rather than SCHOOL bad, just take out the school part (which is chaeg) and you get, gabang!

         -If calling someone Mrs, as in a teacher, it's said and written like this: bu-in (insert name) For ex, bu-in Jeong. (Mrs Jung)

         -If calling someone Mr, it's said and written as: ssi (insert name) For ex, ssi gang. (Mr Kang. These are alot easier with western names since we can mess up the korean spelling of names most times. But even with western names being used in the korean language, the name's not always spelled the same. For ex, Mr Martin. In korean, you would write it as, ssi Matin, no r.

         -Miss: Not used for an unmarried teacher as it would be used for in english. In korean, u can only call those younger than u or those with a lower status than u by miss. For ex, a girl your age or younger than you, a maid etc. But who says u couldn't be a lil mischieveous and experiment! 

These are words you've all probably heard in the drama as well. Since the title of ma fic iz SCHOOL and it resolves around school and all, (yes a fic inspired by the drama school 2013) I decided to give little vocabulary lessons at end of every chap. Who DOESN'T wanna learn some korean!