Cuddles are a good medicine

Thunderstorm Cuddles

 

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINGIE I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!!! 

Sleep.

That is all the boys of EXO wanted when they shuffled into their large dorm, all the members heading to the back of the big apartment to their bedrooms.

They had just come back from the Philippines and none of them were in the mood to do anything other than catch a few hours of shut-eye. Luckily, they could sleep in tomorrow. Even though they didn’t have a full day off, their schedules- which only consisted of more practicing of the new songs and choreography- started in the late afternoon.

Even Kyungsoo, the nagging clean freak, headed to his room, not bothering to force them all to take showers before bed.

It was only minutes after entering the dorm when everyone fell into their beds, still wearing the clothes they flew home in. All 12 boys falling asleep as soon as their heads made contact with pillows.

Unfortunately, for a certain deer-eyed male, the sleep didn’t last long. He had fallen asleep for 5 minutes but woke up when he heard the first clap of thunder.

Oh no.

Luhan shot up in his bed, eyes wide as he looked out of the window, trying to decipher if it was his imagination or if it was really going to be a thunderstorm. A flash of lightening told him he wasn’t dreaming.

Luhan looked over to check if Sehun was up. When he’d gathered enough courage, Luhan quickly stood up and went to stand by Sehun’s bed.

“S-s-Sehun?”

No answer. That might have been because Sehun was completely knocked out or because Luhan sounded like a hoarse five year old. Luhan tried again after clearing his throat.

“Sehun?”

Sehun rolled over, still not aware of the scared 22 year old hovering over his bed. A clap of thunder had Luhan hightailing it back under his own bed sheets.

Trying to sleep in Sehun’s bed wouldn’t do much good. Sehun wasn’t much of a cuddler, he’d end up either rolling on top of Luhan or knocking him completely off the bed.

Luhan calmed his breathing and peeked out of the sheets. The rain had begun to fall harder, and if it wasn’t accompanied by thunder and lightning Luhan would’ve found the sound peaceful and been lulled back to sleep.

He tried to force himself back to sleep but after 3 minutes of deep breathing, a clap of thunder erased all thoughts of sleeping from Luhan’s mind.

Thankfully, Luhan’s squeak didn’t wake up the sleeping bear, Sehun.

Luhan forced himself to get out of his bed and look for someone to sleep with. He pulled his huge blanket off the bed, wrapping it around him like a cocoon before shuffling out of the bedroom.

He had just stepped into the hallway when another loud boom made him shriek. He crumpled to the ground, hiding his face in his knees as his body shook. He clamped a hand over his mouth so he wouldn’t wake anyone up with his loud whimpering.

After a few minutes of crouching in the hallway, Luhan managed to stand up again. He quickly shuffled to the door across from his own, turning the knob.

Luhan peeked into Baekyeol’s room only to see Chanyeol sprawled all over his bed and Baekhyun in an eerily similar position on his own bed. With a sigh, Luhan shut the door and shuffled to the next room. He quickened his pace when a particularly loud clap of thunder sounded through the apartment.

Xiumin and Suho’s room smelled nice and it helped calm Luhan’s nerves a little. He pouted when he saw the 2 cuddled in Joonmyun’s bed, Minseok laying on his side spooning a smiling Joonmyun. Luhan huffed as he shut their door with a soft –snick-

Kaisoo’s door was locked and Luhan quickly shuffled away when he heard a low groan which was most likely Kai having a wet dream. Even in his sleep, Jongin was a horndog.

A flash of lightning had Luhan scurrying down the hallway to the next door.

Luhan walked right past Kray’s door, not even attempting to look into the room. It’s not that he wasn’t welcomed, usually Kris and Lay are the ones to cuddle with him when he was scared. But Luhan was sure that both Wufan and Yixing were since they both had a weird habit of sleeping in the . And Luhan didn’t want to be squished between 2 sweaty men during a thunderstorm. That only ended one way the last time and Luhan had been rewarded with a horrible limp in exchange for the few hours of sleep he initially wanted.

The last room. Luhan’s last option. Tao and Chen’s room. Luhan slipped in and looked from bed to bed. Jongdae was a good cuddler but when he was in a deep sleep he turned into the most suffocating, clingy cuddler and Luhan wanted protection not petting.

Boom! Luhan managed to hold in the loud squeal that was fighting to be let out.

He quietly shuffled over to Tao’s bed, looking down at the lump on the side of the bed. He slipped his hand out of his blanket and poked at the lump, “Tao?”

The lump didn’t move. Weird. Tao was an extremely light sleeper, he could wake himself up by breathing too heavily. Luhan frowned and yanked the blanket away from the lump, revealing 2 pillows lying in the middle of the bed innocently staring up at Luhan.

Luhan huffed and walked out of the room, heading for the living room. He managed to ignore the flash of lightning by wondering where Tao was. The Chinese maknae couldn’t have gone anywhere in the storm. The light hadn’t been on the bathroom, either.

A hand on his shoulder brought Luhan out of his musings. He jumped, the scream getting caught in his throat, making him let out a weird mix between a groan and a squeal.

Standing on the other side of the couch was a sleepy-eyed Zitao, head cocked to the side in confusion as he held out a steaming mug.

Luhan’s hand flew up to his chest when he realized who it was. He could have sworn his heart stopped.

“Gege? What are you doing out here? I was about to bring you some tea.”

Luhan’s eyes widened and he took the mug from the still standing maknae.

He took a sip, “Thank you, Taozi. Why are you making tea when you should be sleep?”

Tao shuffled around to sit next to Luhan, “I heard the thunder so I was going to bring you some tea. I know it helps calm your nerves.”

When Tao sat down, Luhan quickly scrambled to sit in his lap, managing to wrap his blanket around the both of them. Tao immediately brought his hands up around his shaking gege.

Luhan flinched and buried his head in Tao’s shoulder when there was another loud boom and a flash of lightning.

Tao almost missed the mumbled thank you. He smiled softly, his right hand coming up to Luhan’s hair.

Even though Luhan was one of the oldest, he was still so innocent and childlike. Tao loved that side of his gege. He loved spoiling his naïve gege.

They sat there for a few minutes, Tao Luhan’s head as Luhan sipped at the tea, both their eyes slipping closed.

When Luhan finished the tea, they both stood up, awkwardly waddling to the kitchen still wrapped in the blanket together so Luhan could set his mug in the sink.

They managed to make it back to Tao’s room, both boys stumbling through the hall, giggling.

They fell onto Tao’s bed and quickly arranged themselves in a comfortable position.

Tao ended up on his back with Luhan curled tightly into his side, head resting on Tao’s chest with Tao’s left arm around Luhan’s waist.

Before they managed to fall completely asleep, Luhan murmured, “Thank you so much, Taozi. This means so much.”

Tao hummed, his eyes refusing to open as his left arm traced circles on Luhan’s back. They both fell into a deep, peaceful sleep, forgetting all about the raging storm outside of the window. 

 

A/N: I'm sorry this probably isn't what you had in mind but my brain was stuck in a mode. I'm sorry!!