Dancing Queen

Disappeared Into the Night {oneshot}

 

Saturday nights were made for clubbing and tonight was no exception. A swirl of people mingled and danced under the blur of multi-colored lights flashing in rhythm with the current techno-pop song. The evening had only just begun when a commotion began to stir near the entrance.

 

 All eyes turned to her when she entered the room.

From her long golden tresses to her black stiletto heels, she wasn't exactly the most inconspicuous of people.

But her stunning beauty wasn’t the only thing that gained the attention of others. 

She was the Dancing Queen.

                             

The clicking of her heels as she glided across the dance floor reverberated in unison with the sound of the bass pumping from the speakers. People parted instinctively as she made her way through the crowd. No one could be blamed for staring in awe at the blonde goddess as she made her way past them. Men wanted her, women wanted to be her, but the intimidating aura she possessed kept people away. She showed little regard for those around her as if they were just another part of the scenery. Thus, they settled for watching from afar.

 

She stopped when she reached the bar and gave the bartender a brief nod. Moments later he returned with a drink. She turned around and scanned the room in an almost bored fashion as she sipped her liqour. 

 

A few seats down, a man new to this club scene found himself drawn to the mysterious woman. He watched curiously as she leaned against the bar, her deep brown eyes languidly browsing the crowd. Unlike many of the people in the room, he wasn't familiar with this so called "Dancing Queen" as he had heard the term murmured excitedly when she made her entrance. 

"Who's she?" He asked the bartender casually, nodding his head in her direction.

The keeper didn’t need to look to know who he was referring to and chortled before giving the customer a sideways smile. 

"You must be from out of town"

The customer grinned in response and the bartender began wiping the bar as he prepared to give the same explanation he’d given to many curious club-goers before.

"She is referred to as the Dancing Queen- No one knows her real name. Occasionally she shows up, always by herself, and ravishes everyone with her beauty." The bartender gave an appreciative glance her way before continuing. "And when she dances, she becomes the most important person in the room and people can't help but watch." he paused" Then, after she wows everyone" he snapped his fingers "she disappears."

"Like a thief in the night..." the customer mused as his eyes returned to the ‘Dancing Queen’, one eyebrow arching curiously in her direction. 

"Sounds interesting" he concluded. 

The bartender gave another chortle and watched as the man rose from his seat and slowly made his way towards the girl in question. 

 

"You cause quite a commotion." 

She turned to him, placing a face to the unfamiliar voice. Her eyes absently appraised him. He looked about her age- early twenties- with an angular jaw, fair complexion, dark hair and eyes. He wore black jeans along with a matching black shirt and leather jacket that seemed to cover a toned physique. 

In short, he was pretty damn good-looking.

 

Finally, she shrugged her shoulders in response and he eased into a smirk.

"But now I'm really curious." He continued; he was also leaning against the bar now, "how does someone earn the title of ‘Dancing Queen’?”

The way he said it made it seem almost like a challenge.

Her face remained neutral and she took another sip of her drink. Was she going to ignore him? He anticipated her next move.

 

The song began to change and she took another sip before setting her drink down. 

His eyes followed her as she stepped forward. At first he found himself staring straight into those impenetrable eyes and a surge of excitement surged down his spine. Then his eyes trailed down to her pink lips as they slowly formed a mischievous smile. 

 

She made her way to the center of the dance floor. A large space was soon cleared for her and it was obvious that she had everyone's undying attention now. No, she had more than their attention; if she'd wanted to, she could order them around and they would gratefully comply. The Dj, upon seeing her approach, had begun an impressive remix until it merged into a song with an infectious beat that burst from the speakers and filled the room.  

 

It seemed like everyone had taken a deep breath as she stood statuesque, center-stage.

 

And she took off. 

 

Her body was fluid yet strong as she cascaded around the floor. It was her space and she owned it. Her body morphed from strong angular movements to fluid and sultry ones in seamless transitions. 

He knew in an instant why she was the Dancing Queen. Not only was her skill superb, she had an intense passion that made your heart beat fast just from watching. That passion for dance reflected in eyes- those eyes that were so intense yet relaxed and almost… amused. As he closely analyzed her, it was clear to him that she was dancing for herself and could care less for the cheers and yelling.

Before he knew it, he was caught in her spell. It almost seemed unfair. 

When her eyes finally found his amongst the crowd, he didn't hesitate. He didn’t look away. That was his cue and he had a goal now.

 

He wanted to make her to dance for him.

 

The murmuring began to spread like wildfire throughout the audience. Mostly, they were wondering who the unfamiliar guy clad in black was and why he was approaching the Queen. Their curiosity grew tenfold when they observed how she'd slowed her dancing and moved over slightly to give him some space. She wanted to see what he could do.

 

He didn’t start off slow. Instead, he started with a quick split before jumping into a series of strong dance moves; half tutting half popping and lot of intensity. 

 

And she was glad he didn’t disappoint.

Her hips kept time with the beat, rocking back and forth lightly, but she was more focused on him. She studied his moves, his technique, his body (with his now fully exposed, very toned arms since his jacket had been conveniently removed somewhere in the midst of his storm of movements.) It'd been a while since she had someone worth dancing with.

 

His movements were so powerful and impressive that the crowd went wild. They only grew louder when the Dancing Queen began to mimic him; in her short time of watching she'd learned a few new things. 

 

The duo kept perfect time, their moves in exact synchronization and their eyes locked. The song was coming to an end and they had transitioned into a y body roll, his hand placed on the area of bare skin above her shiny leather pants and right below her cropped golden top.

She had her hand planted on the midde of his thigh, and when the song was just about to end, he spun her quickly so she was facing him, both his palms now placed higher on her torso. Her hands had also conveniently found their way to the sides of his neck.

They stood, faces only an inch apart, their hot, staggered breath lightly touching the other's skin and their eye contact never faltering.

 

The entire club cheered with approval.

 

The music then resumed and while most people kept their attention on the dynamic dancing couple, many had returned to their own dancing now feeling energized by the performance.

However, the couple remained frozen in place.

He watched as those perfect set of lips formed the same mischievous smile as before and he couldn’t wait any longer.

As he leaned in to taste, she stopped him, her fingers grazing his mouth momentarily. He seized her hand and kissed the tips lightly before leaning down, his mouth at the very edge of her ear.

"Lee Eunhyuk" 

She gave him a speculative look, as if determining what to do next, before she lifted her hand, resting it on the back of his neck and pulling down lightly. She placed her face in the same position as his had been, her lips barely caressing his ear. 

"Kim Hyoyeon." 

Her low voice sounded like smooth honey and he relished every syllable, her breath making him more intoxicated than any amount of alcohol could. 

 

In his moment of delirium she had turned, and he could barely hear sound of her heels echoing further and further into the distance until she was gone – She had disappeared into the night. 

 


Done! Hope you guys enjoyed this quick story and please Let me know what you think! 

(Also, check out my other Hyohyuk fanfic, Mixed Drinks and Emotions ^-^. It should be complete pretty soon!)

Bye!~