I Want To Love You

Pretty Young Thing

 

“Wake up, it’s cleaning day!” Youngbae said as he nudged his sleeping boyfriend.

“It’s Saturday, can’t we just sleep in?”

“I let you sleep in last weekend and this house is a giant mess.”

Teddy rolled over on his back and looked up at Youngbae, wiping the sleep from his eyes before he sat up and gave the younger man a peck on the lips.

“Brush your teeth, nasty” Youngbae giggled as he got off of the bed and disappeared into the living room.

Teddy got up and stretched before going into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. Youngbae had bought them couple tooth brushes that had designs on them to form a heart when put next to each other. Teddy got himself freshened up and joined Bae in the living room.

“So what are we doing first?” Teddy asked.

“What do you want, dishes or sweeping?”

“Can’t we do both together?”

Youngbae laughed “okay let’s do the dishes first. I’ll wash and you dry.”

Teddy scurried over to the sink and grabbed a towel, ready to get to work.

“Babe, you need a line up” Teddy said as he placed his hand on the back of Bae’s head and grazed his fingers against the younger man’s hair line.

“I know, I’ve been lazy about it huh?”

“I’ll do it for you after we’re done cleaning,” he said as he grabbed a wet dish and began to dry it.

“You should go put on some music,” Youngbae said, not taking his eyes off of the dish he was washing.

Teddy went back in the bedroom and came back after a good five minutes. He set his speakers on the counter and plugged in his iPhone, “I made a playlist.”

“Why do you have to make a playlist for everything, babe. You have a bathroom playlist” Youngbae giggled.

“Hey, the music helps me relax….” he said as he pressed play. He walked back to Bae’s side and resumed drying dishes.

“Sweet Rice Cake” by 10cm started playing and the two took turns singing along. Youngbae tried to match his voice to the song and Teddy laughed at how he changed his facial expressions when changing his voice.

They finished the dishes and started cleaning the counter and the cupboards, all while still singing along to the silly song.

“Am I your sweet rice cake?” Youngbae asked as he set down his cleaning rag and got on his tip toes to give Teddy a kiss.

“No, you’re my hangover stew” said the older man cheekily as he returned the kiss.

The song was over and then the familiar beat of Michael Jackson’s “P.Y.T” came emitting from the speakers.

Youngbae handed Teddy a broom and the two began to sweep the living room while singing along to the song. Teddy thought it was really cute when Youngbae sang in English because he sang with such unabashed confidence. His accent was good and Teddy couldn’t help but feel proud for having taught him most of what he knew.

Youngbae moonwalked across the floor and got his socks dirty while Teddy swept behind him.

Youngbae was always dancing and Teddy liked seeing him skillfully move his body to the rhythm of the music. Bae could put him in a trance with the way he moved his hips and rolled his body.

Finally Teddy’s favorite part of the song came up and he loudly sang along “Pretty young things, repeat after me. Say na na na!”

 “Na na na” Bae played along.

“Na nana na!”

“Na nana na!”

“Say na na na”

“Na na na”

“Nana nana na” Teddy picked Youngbae up from behind and spun him around.

“Nana nana na”

“Oh take you there. Take you there. I want to love you!”

“P.Y.T!”

“Pretty young thing!”

“You need some lovin”

“T.L.C!”

“Tender lovin care!”

The couple continued cleaning every corner of the apartment until it was spotless. They went through about 20 songs before finishing and deciding to go back to bed. They were both tired from cleaning and being awake before noon.