The Grab (1)

Learning How To Love

            When I looked at the picture of Samantha Joo, something came over me. She was very beautiful. Her hair was a light brown with a length that fell all the way down her back. At the time she was talking on her cell phone and holding her purse. She was smiling and her brown eyes sparkled. I wondered what the people that hired us wanted with this girl.

            I sat down on my bed and started to read the other papers that were in the folder. It had all her daily routines on it. In the morning she would go for coffee at the same café. She would leave the office between six and seven in the evening. Then most of the time she would just make dinner at home while studying or doing research on her computer.

            All of this was really beneficial information for me. It would help me plan out when would be the best time to grab her. I knew that I had to do it quietly too. I would have to make it look like she went on some kind of vacation for a little while. I knew what I was going to do, I just needed to figure out how to make all the parts come together.

            While I was thinking Leader Park came in and sat next to me. He picked up the picture of the girl and looked at her. “Wow, she doesn’t look like she would be much trouble. In fact this might even be an easy grab.” He explained.

            He didn’t mention anything about how she looked besides weak. That is the way that we are supposed to be trained. We did not think about how attractive the opposite was. We only thought about how easy it will be to complete the mission. I know that I should have thought about that when I saw her but something just slipped in my mind.

            “I don’t think that it’ll be that bad. The only problem is getting it done quietly. She works in the city and there are usually a lot of people around no matter what.” I explained.

            “Don’t worry about that. I’m sure that you’ll think of something. Besides, the way that you fought today proved that all your training paid off. I’m very proud of you Joon.” Leader Park said to me.

            “Thank you Leader Park.” I said. I sighed and then stood up. “I should get going. The faster I get this mission done, the faster that I can do a lot more field work.”

            I was about to walk out when Leader Park spoke. “Remember Joon, this is your first mission. I know it seems easy but there are also a lot of mistakes that you could make.” He explained.

            “I know that. Don’t worry, I’ll be careful.” I assured him. I then walked out with the file in my hand.

            “I know you will Joon. I just hope that all goes well.” Leader Park said under his breath. He just sat there and kept on thinking.

            I was passing by some of the other Leaders. Knowing that I was in the same class as them gave me pride. They all smiled at me as I walked by as well. I gave a slight nod at them and continued walking.

            I thought for a second. I didn’t know a thing about the way normal girls react. I needed to talk to someone about that. Then I found the perfect person to talk to. Her name was Leader Alice. She has done many grabs in the past. She would know the best way to grab the girl.

            “Excuse me, Leader Alice.” I said calling for her.

            She immediately turned around and saw me. She was around twenty years older than me and hand long brown hair that was in a braid. She also had hazel eyes since she had Chinese and Portuguese in her. “Ah Joon, I’m glad to hear the great news. So would you like to be called Leader Lee or Leader Joon?” She asked me.

            “Leader Joon is fine. No one really knows my family name so it’s better to just be called by my first name.” I explained to her.

            “That makes sense. So Leader Joon, what can I do for you today?” She asked me.

            “Well the thing is that I’m going on my first mission and I have to grab this girl.” I said to her and showed her the photo. She immediately got what I was going to ask her.

            “So you want my advice on how you should approach her?” She asked. I nodded at her. “Okay well she looks like someone that wouldn’t just willingly go with anyone. You would have to convince her to come with you. Then I would create something that would just seem like bad luck. After that when she isn’t paying attention, I would either drug her or use that special herb that when you sniff it you knock out.”

            I nodded realizing that it was a fool proof plan. “Thanks Leader Alice. I’ll be seeing you later.” I said to her. She nodded and I ran off.

            It took me around two hours to reach California. Our fort was located in a forest in Washington so we weren’t that far away. To be honest I snuck onto a plane in order to get there. It really wasn’t that hard. I just took out one of the workers and pretended to be loading the luggage. From there I just stayed down there until they closed the doors. I changed out of the workers outfit and then came out from where the luggage was and opened the entrance into the flight attendants room. I was now wearing a business suit so I just looked like another passenger. I chose an empty seat and remained there for the whole flight. No one even noticed that I wasn’t a real passenger.

            When I got off the plane that’s the minute the mission had started. I looked at the watch that I got from the worker at the airport. It showed that it was noon. According to the paper that was in the envelope Samantha Joo would be out to lunch with her step mother. It was a Wednesday and every Wednesday at lunch she would meet up with her step mother at some café. I just had to find it and continue my plan from there.

            I ended up stealing a black car with tinted windows. I then bought another suit and driving gloves so that I looked like a formal driver from her father’s company. I pulled it off pretty well. I have to admit that I did look a little young but then again I saw a lot of young workers around California.
            I spent a little while just sitting in the car watching the girl. She was laughing with her step mother and enjoying a coffee with a sandwich. Samantha was wearing a black button up shirt and jeans along with some nice shoes. Her hair was even up in a ponytail. She looked like a really nice girl. But I had to focus on the mission. I couldn’t just be thinking about her personality.

            Around twelve thirty Samantha and her step mom went their separate ways. I waited until her step mom got into her car and drove away. After that, I started to make my move. I got out of the car and called out the girl’s name.

            “Excuse me, is your name Samantha Joo?” I called after her.

            She immediately turned around. She seemed very cautious just like Leader Alice said. “Yes that’s me. Who are you?” She asked back.

            “Your father sent me to pick you up. He said that he wanted to talk to you about something important. It was something that he wanted to tell you face to face.” I explained to her.

            “Oh, well I have to get back to work soon so is there any way that he can wait?” She asked me.

            “I don’t think so Miss Joo. But he did say that it wouldn’t take up too much of your time. I’ll even drive you back afterwards if you want.” I explained to her.

            She still seemed to be a little weary of me. She sighed and looked at her watch. “Alright I’ll go with you. But afterwards you have to get me back to my office as fast as you can okay.” She demanded.

            I nodded and opened the back door for her. She got in and I closed the door for her. The first part of the plan was now complete. Now all the pieces are going to come together nicely. The first step was the hardest part.

            We were just driving around for a little while. She didn’t seem to notice that I wasn’t heading towards the company that her father worked for. I think that she just had way too much on her mind. It was a good thing though. If she started to freak out then that would make things a little more difficult.

            Phase two happened as I was driving down an alley where no one was around. I rigged the tire to blow so that we would be stuck. The car jerked and I acted surprised by the tire blow out.

            “Miss Joo are you alright?” I asked her in a panicked voice.

            “Yes I’m fine. Are you okay? What happened just now?” She asked me.

            “I think that the tire blew out. I’m going to go check. You should come outside just in case it’s not the car but something else.” I suggested to her. She agreed and got out of the car.

            I pretended to look at the tire. She walked over to me and had a look at it too. She looked at her watch and sighed. She ran her hand through her long hair. Since she was right by me I could smell her conditioner and perfume. They weren’t very strong but I was trained to take in everything using all senses. The fragrances smelt so good coming from her.   

            She then stood up and looked around a little bit. “Maybe we should call a mechanic.” She said.

            “We don’t need to do that. I have a spare tire in the trunk.” I said. I got up and reached into my pocket to where I turned a few herbs into a liquid and put it onto a cloth. I just needed her to take a few sniffs of it and then I would be halfway done with my mission.

            “Okay if you say so.” She replied to me.

            I took a few sniffs of the air and looked at her. “Hey do you smell something?” I asked her.

            “Smell what?” She asked. That’s when I attacked. I put the cloth up to her nose and mouth and with my other arm I wrapped it around her so that she couldn’t get away. She struggled a little bit but she knocked out almost instantly.

            She dropped down and I had caught her. She was surprisingly very light. But then again I should have figured. She was skinny and a bit short. I picked her up and opened the door to the back seat. I placed her back there and closed the door. I was going to have to drive all the way back to Washington.