It just happened.

You're letting me go. But i don't want to

 

Jonghyun saw you sitting on a swing, looking at the stars. He smiled as he walked closer and wrapped his arms around you, hugging you from the back. He even chuckled when you jumped in surprised.

"Oppa. You scared me" you said and he pecked your lips.

"Mianhae..." he cooed and you smile. 

His smile faded and in turns, he lift his right hands and caressed your cheek.

"what's wrong you?" he asked and you look at him.

You put his hands away from your cheeks, you take a deep breath.

"We should broke up" you said in one go. Loud and clear.

Jonghyun opened his mouth, wanting to say something but he can't. It feels like his throat is clogged as tears started to formed in his eyes.

"why?" he managed to say.

"I.. I don't love you anymore" you sigh.

Lies. Lies. Lies. You kept screaming in your head. You look at him and startled to find him in tears. Not in feminine way. But tears, real tears are falling as his lips opened to say something.

"i.. i .." he can't continue.

You bit your lips, wondering if it's the right thing to do. You noticed a guy across the park, looking at you with a sad eyes, questioning your action and you smiled bitterly.

"I just don't think we should be together, oppa" you said, calmly while your mind is going crazy, screaming you to stop.

The guy came closer, knowing what he should do when he heard the sentence. He walked to you and take your hands.

"what are you doing in here, ____? Let's go home" he said.

Jonghyun looked at you in disbelief and glared at the guy.

"You.. you cheated on me?" he said.

You didn't say anything, you looked down, knowing that your tears could fall any seconds. 

"What if she is? Then you shouldn't be sad right? she broke up with you anyway." The guy said, with no expression. Of course, he's been rehearsing the same line for hours.

Jonghyun grab your other hand.

"Please tell me this isn't true" he begged but you looked away.

"i- i- have to go, oppa. I'm sorry. Cmon kikwang oppa" you said and walked away with kikwang, leaving jonghyun on his knees, crying.

***

It was raining very hard outside. SHINee is back in their apartment they rent together. It was big, humongous to be exact. An apartment suited for the son's of billionaire. Key walked out of his room and noticed, jonghyun isn't home yet. Onew, Minho, and Taemin are watching TV.

"Have you guys seen Jonghyun?" Key asked and their attention turned to key as worry filled their hearts.

It's 1 am. and jonghyun isn't back yet.

Key decided to call Jonghyun. He sigh in relieved when it got connected.

"Yeoboseyo?" Key heard a hoarse voice answering him. It was noisy and he figured Jonghyun must be outside.

"where are you? Get back home now. It's 1 am" Key said and he heard him sigh.

"Key...." he cried.

"Yah, jonghyun are you okay?" Key asked worriedly and the rest of SHINee started to gather around Key to listen.

"what should i do?" he cried louder and key knows, Jonghyun is hurt.

"where are you?" Key asked.

"At the park....."He answered warily and key nodded.

"wait there. We'll get you" key hung up and told them to changed their clothes.

"We'll pick jonghyun up" he said when Taemin asked him what's wrong.

***

They arrived at the park 5 minutes later. The rain has stopped, thankfully. 

"Is that hyung?" Taemin pointed at someone sitting on a bench with his head hung low, buried in his hands. 

They don't have to answer. They know it's him. They walked to him.

"Jonghyun-ah" Onew called and jonghyun looked up. He's a mess, to be honest.

With his puffy red eyes, and messy hair, he's far from his usual image. Chic and y.

They sigh and get him home.

***

They told him to change his clothes, Key made him a hot cocoa and they sit on the living room, in a circle, waiting for jonghyun to speak. 15 minutes. 15 minutes of silence and tears before he started to talk. 

"She broke up with me" he said.

Before they can ask why, he continued.

"She said we- we shouldn't be together anymore.... and there's this guy.. he came and take her away.. i-i asked her if she's cheating on me... and she didn't answer. She left. She left me" Jonghyun burst into tears.

Key hugs him and pat his back while the rest of SHINee tried to think of the reason why did you broke up with him. They all know it's impossible for you to cheat.

***

2011/04/22 friday

By Seoulchae