A hunch.

You're letting me go. But i don't want to

 

Jonghyun was laughing around with his fellow friends, SHINee when he got a text.

 

 

From: Baby ___

can we meet?

 

 

It was short. No heart sign. No smiley. He smiled warily.

'maybe she's in a hurry' he thought as he pressed his fingers on the keypad.

 

To: Baby ____

Sure baby, at the park at 8?

:)

 

a minute later, he received your reply. two letters in bold. 'OK' he sigh, wondering what's gotten into you these past couple of days. You've been a bit distant with him. Whenever he leaned for a kiss, you'd peck him quickly and turn away. You didn't look happy anymore. He sigh again. This time, his friends heard it and look at him.

"What's wrong with you?" Key asked.

Jonghyun shook his head and smile, telling them everything's fine. But they know better. For being his friends since kindergarten, they know that Jonghyun is having trouble. Onew, the oldest of them all pat his shoulder.

"Tell us." He smile and jonghyun bit his lip, before letting all his heart out.

"Is she cheating?" Taemin, the maknae asked and Key shook his head.

He's your best friend too, and he knows you. You can't never cheat.

"No way. She's not like that..." he trailed off, thinking what's wrong with you.

"Hyung, why don't you ask her? You're gonna meet her right?" Minho, who's been listening attentively asked.

Jonghyun nodded and stand up. it was 7.45.

"I better go meet her now" he smiled and bid his friends goodbye.

They started to change the topic. Onew started to talk about chicken, and Taemin started to drink his milk. Minho still listening to whoever speaking. Key's lost in his own mind.

'something's not right' Key kept thinking as he replayed past couple days, where Jonghyun said you started to change.

#FLASHBACK#

"___!" Key called you and you look up to see your best friend motioning you to sit with him. 

 

Key saw you picking up your books and bent down to pick something before you run to him. You sat next to him and both of you started to converse, waiting for the rest of SHINee to come.

"Physics is hell" Jonghyun whined as he walked to your table, kiss your cheek and sit next to you followed by frowning Taemin, Minho and Onew.

"What happened?" you asked. 

"He gave us a freaking test! POP TEST he said. No one studied." Jonghyun said.

"No one? or you didn't?" you and he grinned.

"I didn't. But still baby...." he pouted like a little kid.

"i need my daily dose of chicken"

"I need my daily dose of banana milk"

"I'm gonna nap"

Key looked at his other three friends who are now like a depressed guys. He smiled, looking at you and Jonghyun who's now talking to each other. 

"I think we better go. They came" Minho said, lifting his head up and pointed at a group of girls, walking towards them , squealing and giggling. 

"Let's go babe" Jonghyun take your hand and the six of you left and went to the rooftop.

That's the risk of being Kingkas and Queenka of the school. Everyone would chase you around and it's not very comfortable. You and Jonghyun are the IT couple. You, a beautiful girl, with brown round eyes and pointy nose, small face and slender body, have been dating the hot-y looking-jonghyun for a year. Key introduced you to him at a party and you connected and that moment, you know it's love. And when your fans and his fans know you're dating, instead of hating you, they support you. A kind-gentle hearted girl dating a kind-gentleman? Who wouldn't support? 

"Wanna go to my house? My sister is coming today?" Jonghyun asked you and you nodded.

"Is she scary?" you asked naively, earning a laughter from the boys.

"No, she's very kind." He smiled and kiss your cheek.

"okay then" you grinned.

***

'what could go wrong from that?' Key thought.

 

 

 

2011/04/22 friday

by seoulchae