Mission Accomplished?

Kidnapping Min Sunye

All of Korea was in a big frenzy that day, especially the idol world. It is after all the day Min Sunye will get married, Kim Jaejoong will turn 28 and hold a solo concert, Big Bang will finish up their Alive Tour in Seoul, BAP will celebrate their first anniversary, BoA will hold her first solo concert, LeeSsang will hold their first US concert in L.A.

And these are just to name a few things. But what if everyone, lost in their excitement for these big events, forgets about the danger foreshadowed by the public announcement earlier this week. It seems as though no one will take heed to the warning given about the one possible thing that may happen today. But then again, it's not like the warning was presented with any proof. It could all be a hoax, a big conspiracy to try to ruin the day for these people. Let's not forget that these people are idols, they've endured Hell on Earth and are not likely to back down because of a little warning on some second-hand news channel.

*click*

-------------------------------------

"Well guys, we have a busy day ahead of us. No time to be watching this crap."

"But Hyung. Do you think we should be careful too. We have to make sure the concert goes well today."

"Don't worry about it. We are the last people who would be affected by this news. In fact, it would benefit us if everyone else got a little scared. Let's just give our best performances today and end it with a bang!"

--------------------------------------

"With nearly ten years of celebrity experience, I don't have to worry right?"

"I don't know, for the past three years, people have been out to get us."

"Don't listen to him. Just do your best today."

"Yeah, and people wouldn't purposely try to ruin someone's birthday...right?"

---------------------------------------

"I'm worried. Do you think we should tell her?"

"Absolutely not!"

"Are people out there so cruel that they would try to ruin someone's big day?"

-----------------------------------------

"This is great. Some 's about to go down today!"

"Shouldn't we be worried?"

"No. Let's just forget about this and enjoy the day with our babies."

------------------------------------------

 

 

"Okay, so here's how it's going to work. I got 5 passes from Junsu hyung so we can get in safely...but the less people we're seen by, the better." I have to do this. This is my last chance.

"You sure you want to do this? I mean, won't she be mad? It's her big day." Of course I'm sure. And even if she does get mad, I'll convince her somehow.

"We'll return her...eventually. Besides, it's too late to back out now."

"Won't we need some help once we get inside. I mean we could kidnap her easily, but we'd need to find her first."

"Have you been in contact with Yeeun lately?" They're best friends. Maybe she could prove useful to us.

"No. But I don't think that's a good idea anyway. Yeeun is very practical and she wouldn't help us do something like this even if she wanted to. Sunye's her best friend and even if she wasn't okay with this marriage, she wouldn't do something foolish on the wedding day."

"You're right. Then, definitely Yoobin. Although she may not be with us on the whole kidnapping ordeal, it will be much easier t convince her to help us."

"Sunmi will be there too right?" I know he's been pining to see her but I'm not sure if she'd be willing to help us. Well maybe, she likes me better cause she's known me longer than that Canadian.

"Okay, then you go to her and see if she'll help us find a way out of the building without being seen. Oh, and be careful cause there's going to be a lot of cameras."

"I still can't believe we're doing this." Neither can I but what choice do I have? I'd rather do this and possibly fail than regret not trying for the rest of my life.

"Guys, just help me out this once, I've never wanted anything as much as this." They all came and gave me a pat on the shoulder before we all put on our dress shoes and headed to Seoul Lotte Hotel.

------------------------------------------

 

Somehow, we managed to get in. I'm surprised they allowed us to go around the back. But I guess it's better, the crowd out front is crazy and I've never seen so many cameras all together in my life. I checked my watch. There was still about an hour before the wedding starts and all of the other celebrities were filing in, trying to find good seats. I won't be needing a seat, at least not one up-close.

I saw a familiar girl speeding towards the elevator and approached her stealthily. I have one shot to convince her. I can't blow this. The pounding of my heart got the better of me and she suddenly turned around spotting me a mere foot away from her. She gasped loudly and looked around before pulling me into the elevator.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in? What do you want?" she pressed the button for the seventh floor. Is she really taking me there?

"I really need your help. Just please let me talk to Sunye for a bit."

"What? No way!" Time for a little guilt trip.

"Please Yoobin. I need to make sure. If I don't talk to her today, I may never be able to let her go completely. And then both you and her would feel guilty for the rest of your lives." Sorry Yoobin but I have to do this.

"Look, this is her wedding day. You've been so quiet, we thought you were okay with it...or frankly, didn't care."

"Of course I care!" she flinched at the volume of my voice. "I'm sorry but I really do love her. And I want to make sure that this is all right. I don't want to let her go and find out later that I should've stopped her. Just let me talk to her once." The elevator opened up to the seventh floor but before we could step out she closed the doors again. "I promise I'll leave after I'm convinced that I'm doing the right thing." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Fine." She pressed the button marked 10. Now there's only three floors separating Sunye from me. "I'll help you get in but wait in my room until I get everyone out of there. I don't want anyone to start anything when they see you. And don't screw this up." That's the last thing I want to do.

We exited the elevator and made our way down the hall. After opening the door to room 45, she knocked on room 46, ushering me to quickly enter her room. I closed the door and listened intently to what was happening on the other side of the wall, where the love of my life was getting ready to marry someone else. Damn it Min Sunye, god damn this situation. That James guy is one lucky bastard...but he won't be for long.

------------------------------------------

*ring*

"Hyung! I talked to Sunmi and she's willing to help us. Where are you?"

"I'm in Yoobin's room."

"What are you doing there? Oh, is she going to help us too?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Then we'll meet you there?"

"No wait, you guys stay down there for a while. I'll call you in a bit. Just stay out of Yeeun's sight."

"Got it. Good luck Hyung." The call ended and Yoobin entered the room motioning me to follow her.

-------------------------------------------

"I'll give you fifteen minutes max. Do anything fishy and I'll call the police." She quickly pushed me into the room that drained out all of my confidence. What exactly does she suspect me of doing?

"Yoobin unnie? What is it that you wanted to talk to me about in private?" I heard her voice and slowly walked through the corridor until I spotted her. There she was in her beautiful white gown looking breathtaking...so much that my breath was actually hitched in my throat. This is what the mere sight of you does to me Min Sunye. And this is why I can't let you go. She still had her back turned to me, probably fiddling with her phone. She must be nervous.

"Sunye?" She was completely frozen. I could tell even though she wasn't moving much moments before. "Sunye ah, we have to talk."

"What are you doing here? We have nothing to talk about. How did you even get in?"

"We have to talk. We have so much to talk about. We have to discuss how you started dating this guy even before we were officially over. And how you announced to the world about your non-celebrity boyfriend, becoming the envy of the idol-world when you didn't even have the guts to announce your first real boyfriend! Oh and let's not forget your sudden marriage announcement. Why the rush Sunye? Are you really happy with this guy or are you using this to escape from something." She stood up with more force than necassary tightly gripping the phone in her hand.

"That is none of your business! And tell me, exactly when were we together? Do you honestly think months without contact means we're still together?"

"I tried contacting you! I tried to contact you when your father passed away and again when you girls announced your comeback. But you changed your number and I'm supposedly black-listed at your company cause they wouldn't give me your number either! I even tried to approach you backstage once, but you walked away from me like I was some sort of plague! And you tell me Min Sunye, did you ever try to contact me? Did you ever try to mend our differences because there was nothing else I wanted more than to hear your voice and see your face. Was our relationship that unimportant to you?"

"Stop it. Please, just stop. I'm getting married today and it's too late to be having this kind of conversation. Please just leave me be."

"No! I love you too much to just leave you be."

"O.O"

"Listen Sunye. I'm not here to make you cry. At least tell me why you made such a big decision on such short notice. I thought music was everything to you. Why are you getting married so quickly? Is it him? Was he not willing to wait because he's getting old?"

"No! We made the decision on mutual consent."

"Sunye, I know you're like an angel in everyone's eyes and you're always so considerate of everyone else, but did you ever stop to think that maybe your idol status would become a burden to your non-celebrity boyfriend and his family? When did you get so selfish?"

"I'm not being selfish. Love is something that just happens. I didn't ask- well, I did ask for it but I didn't expect it right away. Can you stop making such accusations? At least for today."

"I'm sorry. You know I love you and hurting you is the last thing on my agenda but are you sure you weren't vulnerable-"

"Stop! I don't have to listen to this. I can call security-"

"And have them kick me out? In front of all the crowd and cameras? Next thing you know, Min Sunye won't be making headlines just for her wedding but her first scandal. I'm not leaving here until I say what I came to say."

"What exactly did you come here to say?" She shifted her gaze to floor where her feet became invisible under her dress. "Well, if you're here to make me feel bad, congratulations you've succeeded."

"Sunye, I'm just worried about you. If I'm going to let you go, I want to make sure it's for all the right reasons. I just got the idea that maybe you were feeling lonely when you met him. Or maybe you mistook the comfortability between the two of you for a spark."

"It's not like that." She hesitated! That's all I needed to confirm my earlier thoughts. She's not as ready for this marriage as she thinks she is.

"Okay then, just listen to one last thing. Being an idol is not something you can do for your whole life. Pretty soon our generation will reach an age where we don't appeal to the public like we do now so the present is the best time to live out your dream. I'm not going to tell you what to do today but let me just say, you've got the rest of your life to spend with the person you love. You don't even need to get married to continue a solid relationship with him. If being an idol was your dream, then you signed up for these restrictions." Damn, JYP should've had a marriage ban too. He lifted the dating ban 5 years after their debut so he could've lifted the marriage ban 5 years after that. "And what about the fans? Have you thought about them?"

"They've all given me blessings."

"Don't delude yourself. What other choice do they have? I'm proud of my fans and all but I gotta give it up to Wonderfuls for being the most patient fanbase. They've waited for so many things, so many times. They didn't waver even when you girls underwent your second member change. Can you just imagine how agonizing it must be for them since they have absolutely no idea when Wonder Girls will be complete again? They'll go into another period of waiting with your hiatus." I sighed at the sight of her downcast eyes. " Sunye I'm not here to lecture you but you do know that this marriage will only prove detrimental to your career aside from all the hype for the wedding itself. I just think you're rushing into it too much."

"I have thought about all of this. And I think it's time for you to leave. The ceremony's about to start. Actually, if you wish to stay, you're welcome to join the guests." *sigh* I had a feeling things would turn out this way.

"Okay. I wouldn't miss this for the world." She was defintely shocked at how easily I retreated. I could tell easily by the way her eyes widened and her nose crinkled. And the way she looked at me...oh, she looked at me! I wanted to try to talk her out of it so she'll stop the wedding on her own will but I don't have time and everything must be set up now. I started heading for the door but before leaving I didn't forget to add, "Oh and Ms Min Sunye, good luck."

------------------------------------------

 

Lights, cameras, hundreds of guests, countless celebrities, envious snickers, genuine applause.

There she was, the most beautiful bride in the world, walking down the aisle looking oh so breathtakingly beautiful. 

It's almost time. I walked around the crowded seats, hiding my face. Once I reached the front, the wedding march stopped. And briefly, I heard the all so familiar tune on the piano. And as if on cue, the room turned pitch black. Oh wait, that is my cue!

As I heard people whispering all across the room, the adrenaline rushed through me and I let the noise overshadow my heavy steps. Within seconds, her hands were secured in mine. And I knew they were her hands because, well how could I forget? Even though I haven't even touched her in years, I'll never forget how her hand fit perfectly in mine as if they were meant to be stuck together like pieces of a puzzle.

Without warning, I jerked her body in my direction and dragged her behind the curtains, where I had located a secret door. I'd love to stick around and see the reaction on people's faces when they see the bride missing but I guess I'll just wait for some "fancams".

As soon as we walked through the door, I quickly covered with my free hand which was concealed in a white glove. I'm really sorry babe but I'd rather break one heart than a million. In seconds, her body fell limply into my arms. I know this is not a good time but I was actually carrying the bride bridal style in a bridal gown while I, myself was well-suited in Armani. Can this moment become anymore fairytale-like than it already is?

And before I could even prepare myself, the lights in the building came back on. Shi+! Oh my god...the sight before me was truly one to behold. Min Sunye, even when you're unconscious, you still manage to take my breath away. 

I quickly made my way through the narrow corridors to the back of the building where we had entered from earlier. My phone started vibrating in my pocket but having the hands-free device already stuck in my ear, I used my shoulder to answer it.

"What?" I don't usually answer the phone like that but I'm kind of in a tight situation which makes me somewhat impatient.

"Hyung! Hurry before people start searching. Sunmi and I are waiting with the rest of the members in the conference room near the back. She's going to help us escape without being seen."

"Yeah. I'm almost there," I replied as I pushed through the doors of the conference room and was greeted by five familiar faces. You could tell from miles away that these people were celebrities, even her with her orange hair.

"Hello oppa," she greeted politely.

"Hey Sunmi." After quickly exchanging greetings, her face turned really serious. Back to business I guess.

"Okay. You guys need to leave immediately. Everyone must be running around looking for unnie."

We were quickly hauled out the side door to the underground parking lot. "Thanks for the help Sunmi. We'll look forward to your comeback as a Wonder Girl."

"Yeah, don't forget to call me alien."

"Whatever." She quickly turned back to me. "Take care of her oppa. I know she still loves you and that's the only reason I helped." Well then, see I'm not the only one who still has faith in our love.

It's a damn good thing our van is tinted. It'll be useful in escaping the crowd outside.

------------------------------------------

 

"Hyungs it's time for the show. Act natural okay. We did not just kidnap Min Sunye today. *winks*" Ugh. I don't even know what to say to this kid sometimes.

We all adjusted our ear-pieces and eyed each other one last time before we joined the stage from five rising platforms. I've got a feeling that I'm going to sing some of these love songs a little too happily tonight.

"Yoreobun, annyeong! Make some noise Seoul! Thank you all for coming to one of our last shows! We have wonderful performances planned for the most important people in our lives. So enjoy the show." The crowd roared. This sea of glowing light on stage and the natural light of my life backstage are the two things I live for.

I hope she's enjoying the show backstage. She did after all fall in love with the me on stage. Who knows, maybe it can happen again.

_______________________________________________________THE_END_______________________________________________________