Article 1

My Application for KollectionK

 

 

'(Un-Mainstream)

     

Personal Article by Leyah Rodejo

                                                                                  

 
 

I was walking down the hallway of my school to my English Lit. class, perfectly sanguine about my state of mind at that time. That day we were supposed to have our Formative Assessment in school and the night before I'd practiced what to write. The topic was to write an article on what the most mainstream thing was back then. So obviously, being the K-fan I am, i decided to write on how the Korean Culture was gradually becoming something trendy. I was ready to talk about K-Movies and Dramas and i was more than willing to praise the artistic beauty of Mullae Arts Village and Jeju Island. I'd talk about Dongdaemun and Busan, not even unwilling to include places like Incheon. The list went on and i was zealous to show the hateful English teachers what i could do. But then, someone had to walk by and ruin that confident little bubble i had created.
 
"Op, Op, Op- Oppa Gangnam Style!" yelled the football jock, eyeing me in a very devilish way, his cocky smirk getting right on my nerves. It took all i had to keep calm and keep walking when his buds joined in the fun. 'Heyyyy Y LADY!' This time, i don't hesitate to give them the dirtiest look anyone could possibly give another human being. And at that time, i was ready to go ahead and treat him like a dog.
 
Don't misunderstand me. I am a huge K-Pop fan. And Psy is one of the respected musicians i would so not like to bash.