The Camera

Photographic Memories

 

“Hey Eunmi! C’mon, we have to go to class~ The bell has already rung! Oh, you have that camera again! Can I know what’s so special about it?” Her friend, Miyoung asked curiously.

Eunmi looked up from fiddling with her old camera.

“It’s… Just important to me I guess.” She mumbled.

Miyoung looked at her with raised eyebrows, but didn’t question any further.

“Hm, okay then~ But seriously, class time!”

Eunmi nodded and clutched the camera as she absentmindedly trailed after her friend.

No one but her family knew about her camera and why it was so special.

---

“Aniya! I wanna pay.” She argued.

“What? ANI! I’m supposed to be a gentleman! So I’ll pay~” He protested.

“But-”

“LALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU.”

“OPPA!” Eunmi pouted and made sure he could hear that.

“I’m kidding baby girl, your voice is so loud!” He smiled, giving her a peck on the forehead.

“Oppa~” She whined as she watched him pay, but couldn’t help but giggle.

“Picture time~!” He exclaimed cheerily and snapped an quick photo, with Eunmi looking in another direction.

---

“Yah ~ Are you in dreamland again? And what photo are you looking at?” Miyoung tried to peer over her shoulder.

She blushed and quickly turned the camera off.

“I-it’s no one, just some random photos.” Eunmi said embarrassingly and her friend chuckled.

“Don’t worry; you don’t have to tell me, I know it’s not any of my business.” Her friend gave her a wink before taking giant bites into her sandwich.

---

“Yah! You know how I don’t like it when you cry!” He scolded she and brushed away the warm droplets from her face.

“Oppa. Be serious. I-it… Y-your…” Eunmi stuttered, biting her lip to stop the tears.

“I am being serious. Now please stop crying baby girl. They will find a cure soon, so stop being so worried.” His words softened.

She did nothing but nod.

---

Eunmi pouted and decided to visit her favourite place in the wide world once school was dismissed.

Clutching the camera tightly in one hand, she slung her bag over her shoulder and began the long trek.

She knew her parents wouldn’t mind, as long as she was back before evening fell, and if it did, give them a call.

But they already knew where she would usually go.

Arriving silently to the dead empty field, she sat on the dry yellow-green grass; the camera placed onto her lap.

---

“Baby girl~ Are you awake?” She felt a light tapping on her hand.

Slowly she stretched, forgetting that she was still in the hospital, beside her most cherished.

“Mm… What’s the matter?” She drawled. He chuckled warmly at her sleepy face.

“I… I know that…” He trailed off and looked away with shining eyes. Eunmi’s eyes widened.

“Don’t tell me. It isn’t… it doesn’t have anything to do with you?” He remained silent and merely placed the camera in her hands.

She was lost for words. It was all too soon.

“I’m sorry.”

---

Slowly, she the camera and looked through all of the photos, remembering the warmth and happiness she once felt.

---

“I love you Eunmi.”

“I love you too Jiyong.” 

 

A/N: I felt so weird when I was posting this e.e. Anyways, hope you liked it ^ ^;; And I might change the idol later... I just put Jiyong there randomly XD