`- Good News

Affairs of Happily Ever After

 

first chapter! here you go. sorry they are short. i'm planning on doing short chapters but more of them.



 

  

Shinhye’s POV

    I was listening to the radio on the way to meet Seohyun at the mall. It was the kpop radio and today was CNBLUE songs. I was happy; my favorite band. It was 2 o’ clock and the radio person announced a contest. CNBLUE was having a concert soon. There was going to be a contest for two special VIP tickets to the concert. As the boice I was, I entered in the concert. Every hour they would announce the contest again. When I entered, it was the first hour.

    Seohyun was waiting for me outside of YesStyle, our favorite shop. She was spotted me and waved her hand, beckoning me to hurry up. I jogged towards her, holding onto my scarf to stop it from hitting my face, and stopped to greet her.

 

    End of POV

 

    “Seohyun!” Shinhye greeted, panting from jogging. “Sorry I’m late, had to stop at the gas station.” She left out the part where she entered the contest, but it didn’t matter at the moment because Seohyun probably had been waiting for a while.

    Seohyun pretended to be angry at Shinhye, but being the nice maknae she was, she could never be mad at her best friend. “Yah! I told you two o’ clock. It’s already two-thirty!”

    Shinhye laughed nervously and bowed. “Mianhae… but YesStyle is right behind us. Lets go!” She took Seohyun by the wrist and dragged her inside the shop where they looked around the racks, tried on clothes, and listened to the music that was being played there.

   *****

    After two hours of shopping in the shopping mall, one hour in YesStyle, the two best friends walked out the doors and into the cold breeze. It was around 4 o’clock and the sun was already setting. Shinhye smiled at the sunset and unlocked her car. Seohyun had taken the taxi to the mall and Shinhye had offered to take her home to make up for being late. Just as she was getting into the driver’s seat, her phone rang.

    “Yeobosaeyo?” Shinhye picked up. The number had no caller ID.

    On the other end of the phone was a familiar voice. “Hellooooo Park Shinhye.” It was the host on the kpop radio station that had spoken about the contest. “This is Lee Kimho from the kSTAR radio station. I’m calling to announce that…” there was a drumroll played through the phone. “Your name has been picked from our CNBLUE concert VIP limited-edition ticket drawing box!” Shinhye stood there in front of her car, eyes wide in shock, mouth gaped open. She said nothing at first and let the host continue. “Congratulations! Please text 123-456-7890 your address and the tickets will be sent to you immediately. Do not worry, it is our kSTAR phone and will not be shared to the public. If you wish to decline the tickets please say so.”

    “No! I want the tickets, its okay. Thank you. I will text my address right now. Thank you again! Bye!!” Shinhye said quickly before hanging up and texting her address to the number Lee Kimho had said. As she was rushing to text her address, she didn’t notice Seohyun walk to her side and peer above her shoulder.

    “Shinhye-ah. Why are you texting your address to a stranger? And who was that on the phone. You sounded really excited.” Seohyun asked.

    Shinhye clicked ‘Send’ and smiled at the younger. “I’ll tell you later. Let’s go to your house.” she quickly texted her mother something. “I told eomma that I won’t be home for dinner.” Shinhye winked and got into the car. “Come on Seohyun, get in!”

    Seohyun pouted, not liking Shinhye keeping a secret but got in.

*****

    Parking in Seohyun’s driveway, Shinhye was bursting with excitement. It showed… a lot, and it was getting on Seohyun’s nerves. “Yah!” she said as soon as they got their shopping bags and were entering her house. “What are you keeping from me, huh? A secret?”

    Shinhye just smiled and got Seohyun some water, even though it was Seohyun’s house. “Well…” she was too over-excited to make it complicated so she just said right out. “I won tickets to the upcoming CNBLUE concert!”

    “What?!” Seohyun demanded, spilling her cup of water all over the counter. She had a think for their leader, Jung YongHwa but she always told Shinhye that she liked Minhyuk because he was the maknae too. Seohyun knew that wasn’t the right thing to do because they were best friends but she knew that Shinhye also liked YongHwa. She didn’t want an argument to break out between them.

    Shinhye nodded, a smile clued to her face. Her insides were all messed up from excitement. “Two limited edition, VIP, front-row tickets!” she squealed. “Its this Saturday, can you make it?”

    Seohyun nodded wildly. “Of course I can!” she had already went to her calendar and checked off the date. “Can’t wait!” she looked at the clock. It was already 5 o’clock. Seohyun walked back to Shinhye and finished the rest of the water before cleaning up her spilled mess. “We should eat now. What do you want to eat?”

    “I don’t know. How about grilled meat? Haven’t had that in a while,” Shinhye replied, checking her watch and her phone for any messages. “I know a place somewhere downtown. Want to go?” she paused and smiled. “But it’s your treat because I invited you to the concert.” Shinhye winked and got her bag. “Let’s go?”

    “Okay, it’s on me. Let’s go.” Seohyun got her bag and made sure her wallet was in there before getting her keys off the windowsill. “Let’s take my car.”

    Shinhye followed Seohyun out and got into the passenger’s seat. She couldn’t wait until Saturday.