Anniversary .

Anniversary .

 


"I'm sorry!" 

You glared at him playfully and he gave you the most cutest smile you know you couldn't resist. Those perfect set of white teeth, the way the sunlight brushes through his hair, and that angelic eye smile. "I'm very very sorry I'm late!" he said as he pulled you in for a hug. He hugged you so tight you could feel air being pressed out of your chest. You tried to respond to the hug but you couldn't , the grip was too tight. "Y-ya-yah." you managed to squeeze out with your last breath. He still wouldn't let you go, the only last resort was,

"OUCH!" he let you go immediately and rubbed his head. He let out a slight hiss as he kept rubbing his head while you took a deep breath. "What was that for?!" he said as he straightened his clothes. "That was for trying to kill me." you said as you turned away from him. "Aww.. looks like someone is still a little bit sulky the fact that I'm late." he teased you as he walked closer towards you. "Go away." you said as you took your seat on the park bench. It was just a normal Monday. Cross that, boring Monday. Dreadful Monday. Horrible Monday. Words can't describe how much you hated Mondays. But it was a little bit better the fact you get to meet Yongguk every day before going to school. The two of you go to the same school, but he's in another class. "Han Soo Ri~" you hear him sing in a cute, yet seductive kind of tone. You turned your head to meet his face, "What?" you snapped at him as the expression on his face fell. 

"W-what's wrong? I'm just late today, did I do anything else that upset you?" he asked as he reached for your hand.

"Do you remember what day is today?" you asked as you gazed down to his hand,holding onto yours where he intertwined your fingers with his. "Today is Monday! Right?" he said, loud and proud. That wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, you wanted to hear something else. Another answer, but.. guessed he forgot again this time. Somehow you managed to put a smile on your face as you nodded your head slightly to say "Yeah , it sure is! I have a clever boyfriend." 

You pulled your hand away and stood up, tugging your bag on your shoulder. "I have to go to class now, see you later?" you said as you gave a little wave to him goodbye. "Take care and don't talk to other boys!" he shouted as you walked away. You stopped walking to turn around, shouting back to him, "And what if I do?"

"I'll make sure no other guy in the world dares to talk to you ever again , Soo Ri!" he shouted back as he punched his fist in the air.

♢♦♢♦♢♦(Yongguk's POV)

"Hyung! So how are you celebrating your anniversary?" 

I dropped all my books on the floor and my head shot up immediately facing Zelo, shaking him by his shoulders. "What?!"

He pushed my hands away and squat down to pick my books up. I got down to join him. He passed me back my books and said "Your 3rd year anniversary with Soo Ri-noona, it's today isn't it?"

My heart fell the moment I heard those words. So that's what today was. No wonder she looked disappointed when I answered "Monday" instead of telling her it's our 3rd year anniversary. 3 years of being with her and I can't remember?! I banged and slammed the locker door,making the people around the hall to stare at me. Zelo pulled me back before I could punch the locker with my fist. "Let me go!" I shouted as Zelo's grip on my shoulders got tighter. He pulled me away and pinned me on the other side of the hallway. "And what? So you can hurt yourself? What good is that going to bring?" he questioned as the grip on my shoulders loosened. I pushed him away and he picked up his bag that was on the floor. "I'm not that bright,and I know that I'm much younger but all I know is hurting yourself won't solve anything. The one hurting right now is Soo Ri-noona. Not you, hyung."

♦♢♦♢♦(Your POV)

The bell rang and everyone was allowed to leave school already. You walked down the hallway and a few people congratulated you for being together with Yongguk for 3 years. You smiled and thanked them. Some even asked what was the plan for the day but you said there was no plan, because he forgot again. Even they weren't shocked, instead they gave you a light hug before walking away. You opened your locker and placed your books inside. On the locker door there was a picture of you and Yongguk. His arms around your waist as you were the one holding the camera up. There were a few polaroid pictures of you and him. One with him giving you a kiss on the cheek, one the other way around and a few more just filling up the locker space. As you closed the locker door you shrugged your shoulders as Yongguk was leaning on the locker beside yours. "Yah! You scared me!" you said, raising your voice a little.

He didn't say anything instead he gave a smile, half-heartedly. You stood in front of him and he held onto your hand. You tilted your head sideways a little, wondering what's wrong.

"What's wrong?" you asked as you tried to look at him in the eyes but he kept avoiding your eyes.

"How can you still be with me?" he questioned with his voice filled with sadness.

"E-eh ?" was all you could say, still confused.

"I'm ..probably the worst boyfriend you've ever had."

"Y-Yah , why are you spouting out nonsense ?"

"I forgot again, I forget every time! Aren't you angry at me?"

You gazed down at his hand holding onto yours. You intertwined your fingers with his and smiled. "I won't lie, I do feel a little disappointed from time to time when you forget, but that's just something you can't remember, and I've learnt to accept the fact." 

He pulled you in for a hug and you wrapped your arms around his waist as his arms were around you, making you feel his warmth. You could hear faint squeals and cheerings from down the hall, people were watching. The whole school knows about your relationship with him and somehow , even the teachers found it adorable. He broke the hug and said "Come over tonight."

"Oh ?"
"7.00 p.m. sharp, don't be late. Or you owe me big time!" he said cheekily.

With that being said he pecked your lips and ran down the hall, exiting the school. Everyone was wondering what was going on, some came up to you questioning you what just happened. Even you had no clue. You walked out of the school, and walked back home.

♦♢♦♢

"Mom ! I'm home!" You shouted as you entered the house, closing the doors. "Mom?" you called out again walking into the kitchen. You found a note on the table, "Soo Ri-ah! I'm out with your father tonight! Yongguk informed me that you'll be sleeping over his house and as usual , I agreed! Have fun honey!"

Sleeping over? He said come over, not sleep over. Oh well, you placed the note back down on the table and see a styrofoam packet. You opened it and it was take-away chicken rice that was bought from the uncle down the street. His chicken rice are the best. After eating you cleaned up and tugged your bag to go upstairs to your room. You tossed your bag onto the floor, closing your room door. You laid down on the bed and your eyes were getting heavy.

3.04p.m.

Hmm .. seems early, couldn't hurt to take a short nap.

*I bissoriga ni moksorinji , Nal bureuneun sorinji naman neol saenggakhani?~* 
+Rain Sound- BAP+

You rubbed your eyes and reached for your phone. "Hello?" you murmured.

"Yah, sleeping beauty, did you just wake up?" 
You let out a soft "mmm.." as your eyes were still closed and you felt a little sleepy.

"I don't mean to break it to you, but princess, aren't you supposed to be here now?"

Your eyes shot open as you checked the time.

7.05p.m.

"Aish!" you got off your bed and you could hear Yongguk chuckling over the phone. "I'll be there soon!" you said before hanging up. You reached for your house keys and ran down the stairs. After locking everything you ran across the street. Yongguk lived nearby your house so it probably takes about 5 minutes for you to reach there, by running. You ran until you reached his house, you were panting as you reached the doorstep. Before you could lift your hand to knock on the door, the door opened. Your hands were on your thighs, just trying to catch your breath. As you calmed down, you stood up properly and Yongguk pulled you in. "W-where.. where are your parents?" you managed to squeeze out as you looked around. "They're not home tonight. They went out with your parents." he said as he flashed a smile before he flopped himself onto the couch. He patted the space beside him and you dropped yourself down beside him. "Go on and wash up." He said as he switched off the television. "E-eh?" 

Looking down you realized you were still in the clothes you wore this morning, and all you brought was your phone.

"But I didn't bring clothes to-"

"Baby , you can wear my clothes." He said as he got up to pull you up. He leaded you upstairs to his room and opened the bathroom door before pushing you in. "You can wear my sleeping clothes. Since I know you love to wear my clothes. Plus, I love it when you wear my clothes. Indirectly people can know you're mine." he said with a grin.

"Oh , the hair dryer is on the counter. You know where the soap is and.. I already hooked an extra towel for you." he assured to you before he closed the door. You locked the bathroom door and started to wash up. When you were done with everything, washing up, drying your hair and wearing his clothes you step out of the bathroom, switching off the lights. The moment you step out of the bathroom, it was pitch black. "Yongguk?" you called out his name but there was no answer. Instead , you tried to find your way out of his room. As you walked in darkness, you kicked something hard, causing you to fall on your . Letting out a slight hiss, you got up and opened the door, finding candles lighted up on the floor. It was pathway of candles, with petals of roses on the floor leading you to somewhere. With a smile on your face, you knew this was all done by Yongguk. You followed the pathway of candles and it leaded you to the balcony. As you opened the door you felt arms snaking around your waist and a chin resting on your shoulder. You turned your head slightly and he whispered , "Happy 3rd Year Anniversary, Soo Ri."

You turned around and your arms were around his neck. "Someone reminded you?" you asked as you gave him a playful look while raising an eyebrow.

He rubbed the back of his neck while the other hand was still on your waist.

"S-sorry." he said as he looked down to the ground. You lifted his chin with your index finger and said "It's all perfect." you said with a grin.

"You're not disappointed that I had to be reminded ?" he asked with a slightly shocked expression on his face. You shook your head and said "No , you idiot."

"Hungry?" he asked as he leaded you to sit down. He closed the balcony doors and the moon was the only source of light. Other than the street lights by the street. There were pillows around you, and food. He sat down on the ground and you tried to take a seat beside him. He shook his head and said "No. Here." 

He spread his legs wide, leaving enough space for you to fit in. Shyly, you sat in between his legs as he handed you a piece of sandwich. You knew it was made by him, he made his 'signature' egg sandwich. Though to others it may seem like it's nothing but you loved it. Because he , is a very , VERY .. emphasizing on the 'very' bad cook. You tried asking him to cook ramen before and he completely failed thus making a big mess in the kitchen. But summarizing everything, you loved it when he put in effort to make you something.

"Does it taste good?" he asked as he took another bite.

"No matter how many times you ask me that , there will only be one answer."

"I'll take that as a yes then. Oh , which reminds me."

He put down his sandwich and took your sandwich away from you right before you took another bite. "Yah, I was going to eat that." you scowled at him as he held onto your hands. "You owe me."

"What?" you said as you pulled your hands away from him. "You were late, so you owe me." he exclaimed as a smile formed on his face. You let out a soft scoff and gave into him. "Alright, what do you want me to do?" you asked as you brushed away the crumbs on the clothes you were wearing. "Go downstairs and take the box of chocolates in the fridge." he said as he pushed you up, making you stand. "Yah , that's it?" you said as you crossed your arms in front of your chest. "That's it my lady, now go." he said as he finished the remainings of the sandwich.

You opened the balcony door and went straight down, eventhough it was dark, you could roughly tell where was where because you've been to his house countless of times. You opened the fridge and found a box of chocolates in a heart shaped box. You took it out and closed the fridge door before walking back up. As you open the door, Yongguk turned his head around and pulled your hand, causing you to sit on his laps as he wrap his arms around your waist. "Yah, here's the chocolate you wanted." you said as you placed the chocolate down on the ground. "You know I love you right?" you hear Yongguk saying as you looked up to gaze at the stars.

"Of course I do, silly." You replied to him as your eyes were still glued onto the starry night sky. Arms around your waist were gone as Yongguk reached for the box of chocolate. He opened the box and took a piece of chocolate shaped like a heart. Not too big, not to small but just a small piece. He reached for your hand and placed it on your hand. You looked at him and he said "Eat it." 

You shrugged your shoulders and placed the chocolate in your mouth. As the chocolate melted in your mouth, you felt something hard inside. You didn't bite it instead you all the chocolate up and opened your mouth, pulling out a ring. It was a simple, yet silver engraved ring with wordings on it. But you didn't read it instead you looked at Yongguk, with a confused look on your face. He took the ring from your hands and said , "Soo Ri-ah.."

He held onto your hand and said,

"I know .. we're still young. And probably think that we're too young for all this, but I know we can do it. I've talked to your parents, and my parents about this and they agree. They really want us to be together, for many, many.. MANY years to come. Don't get me wrong, they didn't force me into this, I wanted this. All of this. I want to wake up beside you every morning, knowing that you're all mine. I want to be the man that you grow old with and make you smile every day if it's possible. I can't thank you enough , on how much you loved me when every time I make a mistake, you have every right to be mad at me but you brushed all the bad thoughts aside and accept me for who I really am. You changed me,you changed me in many ways I never thought it was possible. Even now I don't know who I was back then, but I know who I am, and what I am today. So.. Han Soo Ri.. Marry me."

♦♢♦♢

"Soo Ri~"

You opened your eyes slowly and find Yongguk beside you with his arms around you. "Mmm..?" you murmured as you buried your face onto his chest. "Looks like my angel has awaken." He said as he your hair. You tried to keep your eyes open but it kept closing everytime you tried to keep them open. 

"Do you remember.. when I asked you to marry me?" 

You smiled to yourself as you closed your eyes again.

"I remember it like it was yesterday."

 


Thanks for reading ! :) Leave a comment and , have a great day! ~