Stars in the Sky

I'll Go Wherever You Will Go

"It's really going to happen, isn't it?" Tiffany tilts her head back and looks up at the stars. Taeyeon sits beside her, legs crossed and eyes closed. It has been a while since they've been added as members of 'SM's New Girl Group' but only now has it begun to feel real. Nothing is confirmed as such, but it's happening. Their dreams are really happening.

"Well, I hope we're not going mad," Taeyeon comments, smiling a little. "Because this might be the happiest I've ever been."

There's a silence between them now. Both of them spread their bodies out onto the grass and lay there looking up at the stars. Tiffany outsretches her hand and takes hold of Taeyeon's, grasping it tightly. They grin. Taeyeon's never been this close to a girl before - the closest person to her had always been her brother. He'd always understood her, but now someone else does too. It's nice.

"I can't wait," Tiffany exhales deeply. "Do you think we can make it, Taeyeon?"

For a moment, Taeyeon is shocked. How is she supposed to respond? She can hardly tell the future. The closest she'd ever gotten was predicting rain in the summer. Everything's so unknown and new now. But she has to at least make some sort of conclusion - Tiffany's too sensitive to be unsure of her dreams. "I know that you can make it, Fany."

"You really think so?" Tiffany turns her head to the side and smiles brightly at Taeyeon - that familiar smile that glimmers like a thousand gems.

"I know so!" Taeyeon shouts into the sky. "You've got that smile, you know? The one you read about in magazines. You've got the voice and the passion; you're going to go so far that the stars in the sky reach out to hug you."

Tiffany laughs and that sends them both off. Taeyeon knows that she can't resist Tiffany's laugh - it's just too cheerful and contagious. They lie like that throughout the night, clutching their stomaches and rolling on their sides. It's the first night of many.