Just For Tonight...

Just For Tonight

Jin Hee's POV

"This can't be happening." I said, my voice shaking. "Y-you have to be kidding. You're kidding. Right?"

My parents shook their heads slowly, as if I was a toddler that needed to have things done slowly just so I could understand them.

"Jin Hee, we're serious." my dad said softly.

I couldn't look at him, so I turned to my mom. "Umma, tell me this is all a joke. We can't be moving. We just can't."

She stood and wrapped her arms around me in loving embrace. I inhaled the scent of her perfume, wishing this was all a dream so I could wake up and everything would be back to normal.

She pulled away and looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry, sweetie. But it's true. Your appa got a new job in the US and we're going to transfer there."

"But we can't just leave! What about school? What about..." I racked my brain for the answer. Any excuse to stay.

"You'll have a new school there, Jin Hee." my dad said softly with a reassuring smile.

I was so not reassured.

I felt hot tears welling up in my eyes as I remembered the most important thing.

"What about Byunghyun?" I asked, the tears spilling over despite my efforts to hold them back.

My mom looked down at the floor, looking almost ashamed. "You'll make new friends there," she said, her voice barely audible. "You'll have another best friend soon, and--"

"You're wrong." I said coldly. "There's no one like him. No one."

With that, I bolted out of our living room, ignoring the voices of my parents calling my name. I ran all the way up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door behind me, beating my audible sobs by just a fraction of a second.

I sunk to the floor, hugged my knees to my chest and cried my heart out. I could hear my mom and dad knocking on the door, begging me to come out, but I ignored them. The were ruining my life. Uprooting me from the only home I've ever known, and in the process tearing me away from the only person that ever truly mattered.

Byunghyun. My best friend. The best friend I'd always secretly loved but had the courage to confess to.

And maybe now I never would.

I wiped my eyes, but the effort was in vain. The tears kept coming. I grapped my phone from my back pocket and dialled a number.

I couldn't tell him yet, but there was someone else who deserved to know.

After a couple of rings, she picked up..

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Dongsaeng..."

"Unnie!" Yeon Jae exclaimed. "What's wrong with your voice? Have you been crying?"

My resounding sniffles answered the question for her.

"You have," she said softly. "What happened?"

"I... Remember how my dad lost his job?" I managed.

"Yeah."

"Well, he got a new one, and--"

"Unnie, that's great!" she cut me off. But then her tone was grave again. "But then.. why are you crying?"

"It's... the new job is in the US."

She was silent. I could almost see the look of utter shock on her face.

Finally, she spoke. "Oh, unnie... You're leaving?"

I nodded, then I remembered we were on the phone. "Yes."

"B-but you can't just go!" Her voice cracked.

"I don't want to leave either."

I could hear her sniffling on the other end. Jae wasn't what I would call a best friend, since she was in the year below me at school. She was more like a little sister.

After a silence, she said, "Did you tell him yet?"

I almost burst into tears all over again. "No..."

"When will you tell him?"

"I don't know... I mean, I probably have to, soon."

 

A/N: I'm tired >.< I'll update more later if I feel like it. I hope you guys like it so far~ ^^ Please comment and subscribe :3