17 years ago

Night Riders [HIATUS]

Oh my werewolf, my dear werewolf.

How I love you so.

From the first time I saw you,

that you already know.

 

But when they said our love is wrong,

how many times I cried, I cried for so long.

 

You are my werewolf. And I'm your vampire.

It feels right to be with you,

but they said that it isn't true.

 

Please, my love

Know that I’ll always be true.

For we both know,

In my heart I'll always love you.

 

 

The cold wind blew gently on her face as she looked up the beautiful midnight sky. The luminescent moon hung up high as snow came pouring down, covering the ground with a blanket of white. The night was cold of course, but she could not feel a thing. After all, she too, is cold hearted person. Vampires-- the cold ones, the ones who killed without mercy, heartless and cruel, that is what she is and forever will be…a vampire.

She walked and walked, across the snowy field, glancing behind her every few seconds. She was hesitant though she had made up her mind. After reaching to edge of the cliff, she clutched her hand and looked down on a village not far away below her-- her village, her clan, her family, her home.

She brushed her auburn hair out of her face and breathed in the cool air surrounding her with her eyes closed. A sudden rush swept through her body as she repeated the words that kept repeating inside her mind. Her eyes widened as she felt an urge to command. Her eyes grew even red in colour.

 

COLD

HEARTLESS

 CRUEL

KILLER

SIN

BLOOD… drip drop drip drop

 

A sudden warmness swept through her body as she felt a hand on her waist. She jolted. She turned around, about to sprang on the anonymous figure behind her. But only to find herself gazing into the eyes of her beloved Acheron, her soul mate, her true love.

His blue eyes glowed brightly in the dark like twinkling stars on the night sky, his tender smile melted her heart. His chin was on her shoulder, his arms around her, making her feel nothing but safe. That was one of the things she had always loved about her Acheron, the way he made her feel so secure.

As the both of them looked down on the village, reality struck inside her, turning her face grim. She remembered the old saying had been taught to her since she was young—that the love among other beings is forbidden. It was unnatural, impure, tainted. It was unforgivable and the only thing left to be done is death.

But why does it feel so right when it was said to be wrong?

She struggled and held her fist tight, trembling. No! She mustn’t think that way, it was wrong for her. She shouldn’t have agreed to the idea in the first place. Leaving her home, escaping from everything, though it is all she ever wanted, but she knew in her heart that it was prohibited. Leaving meant only one thing…

“Traitor…” she closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

Acheron kissed her hair, wrapping her waist tighter as a gesture of asking her if she was alright. She nodded and turned, facing him with her arms around his neck. Tears began to fall from her beautiful maroon eyes and down to her pale beautiful face. He her hair and kissed her forehead, assuring her that everything will be alright.

“It’s time to go, my love.” He whispered to her ear. She gazed into those beautiful eyes, maroon to blue, her face slowly softened.

Her Acheron… so brave and strong, she knew he was afraid too. He was one of the chiefs in his pack, yet he is willing to sacrifice everything to be with her, risking even his own life. She knew she had to be too, she had to be strong for him, for the sake of her man and her baby.

She tip-toed and gently gave a soft peck on his lips. She smiled. From that moment, she had made her decision-- that no matter what anyone said, no matter how forbidden it was said to be, even if it killed her, nobody can break her and her Acheron apart, not as long as she is still alive.

With one last glance of her home, she left the place she once lived, the place she grew up in, walking down the snow-covered land, hand in hand with her beloved Acheron.

Her love, her soul mate, her werewolf…

There is only one truth she knew-- that she will forever be his and he will forever be hers, they belong together, they are meant to be… they will and forever be soul mates.