His thoughts

Those Final Words

 

*Yabu Kota’s POV*                              

 

                                                                                                                                          

I loved her. I really did. And I still do. And I think I’ll be willing to do anything just to get her back. I’ll give up everything just to be with her again. And now, I thought, how stupid I am for letting all of this to happen.

 

 

Three years ago…

It’s almost 11 PM and that girl is taking too long. I tried to contact her, tried to reach her phone but she won’t pick up. I tried once again but I received her voice mail. That idiot is forgetting something huh? It’s our anniversary and she’s acting like she doesn’t care at all. I guess I’ll be celebrating it alone. I hope not. I called her for the last time, she picked up.

“What?” Hanna answered in an unfriendly voice.

“Do I need to pick you up?” I asked her with concern. What’s taking her too long? I waited for her response but instead she turned off her phone, cutting off our connection.

In a few minutes, the front door creaked open. Finally, she’s home. I confronted her then shouted at her, hoping to tell her how much I was worrying but instead…

-

-

-

“Wow, you? You care about me? That’s new. Are you sick or something?” She replied to me with an annoying smirk. At first, I managed to hold everything into place as possible. I tried to prevent myself from lifting just a finger to hit her. I just can’t hurt her. Not again.

-

-

-

“Why did I ever fall in love with you? Hell I can’t find a reason anymore,” she just keeps on forcing my limits; I unintentionally slapped her straight on her plump cheek. Believe me, back then, it was never my intention to hurt her and her feelings. I just got carried away.

Dumbfounded, I tried to follow her upstairs and attempted to talk to her, tell her how sorry I was and tell her how stupid I felt. I love her, I really do. And for her to think that I don’t care about her life? I can’t accept it. God knows how sorry I was back then. I hated myself for hurting her feelings; I regretted it and I hoped that she’ll be giving me another chance.

-

-

-

“I don’t trust you, go away!! I don’t want to see you ever again! You can’t even understand me nor can’t you bother to ask! Instead you’ll be shouting at me, right in front of my face, and that’s--”

“ALRIGHT I’M SORRY OKAY!? JUST OPEN THIS DOOR!”

“NO! GO AWAY!”

“That’s it, I’m getting the keys,” I went down to get my duplicated keys on her room, went back upstairs then knocked once again. I waited for her to response angrily, to shout at me, to curse me more. But instead, she’s all silent which is very unusual. Then, I heard a loud thud inside, enough to make me worry. I went inside and there I saw her lying on the ground. My heart scattered into pieces when I founded the reason why she was staying away from me. She didn’t want me to worry about her Leukemia.

 

--

 

I should’ve let her know earlier that I’m willing to take care of her, willing to sacrifice everything for her, even if it meant giving up my career; I really don’t care. All I wanted was to stay with her until we grow old.

 

I checked the time, it’s almost 11 PM. Just like before. I wish and I imagined that someone would open the door and someone would come in saying that she’s home. But obviously, all I can do is just to dream about her.

I stood up from my chair, dropped my pen down on the table then headed downstairs to get some drink. A few moments later, I felt my phone vibrating against my pocket. I reached for my pocket to answer it. For a few moments, I stared at my phone screen as I missed the person displayed on my wallpaper. Her sweet, angelic face was smiling on my phone screen. I miss her, I miss everything about her. I know it’s been years but it seems I still can’t move on about losing her. My phone stopped ringing then a few seconds later, I received a message from Hikaru. I read the message then headed back upstairs.

 

--

 

I felt her hand against my hair, waking up on this action. Waking up and staring at her face first thing in the morning is just the best. My vision soon landed on her subtle eyes. I saw a film of tears falling from them as I immediately used my hands to wipe them off.

 

I made her cry for many times. I was the reason why she was always in pain. I wish to change it back and make it right with her. I remember hugging her closely on my chest, making sure to make her feel how much I loved her.

 

Then that night, we finally did it. Under those warm sheets, I tried my best to be gentle with her. Every single thing we did was a piece of heaven. Every kiss was a curse of life, every touch was a memory. I treasured every moment I spent with her; from kissing her thin, soft, sweet lips to pulling her soft body closer to mine— feeling every warmth we needed back then. It felt heaven, like nothing could top that happiness and delightful feeling we just had.

 

“I want to end our relationship; I’m tired of it,” I stunned her with those words. Crap, I picked the wrong words. What I meant was I wanted her to marry me. Last night, I just gave her my everything and she just gave hers. That’s enough right? I love her and she loves me back. She thought her illness would be a bother. But just to let her know, I’m more willing to take care of her. I even took a two-month break just to spend time with her.

“Take care of me as your wife ne?” That probably was the sweetest thing she said.

 

 

*8 months later*

 

“Baby!!!” I heard Hanna scream from the room. I rushed upstairs then found her trying to get up. “Kou-chaaaan!!!” she screamed once again.

“I’m here, I’m here. What’s wrong?” I assisted her to walk.

Supposedly, I took a break for 2 months. But some unexpected things happen right?

“I need to go to the hospital! It hurts so badly!”

“What??? The baby is coming out??? Yatta!! I’m gonna be a father!” I jumped for joy as she slightly joined my happiness.

“Baka! Help me out and stop jumping!”

“Ah… Hai! Gomen, let’s go!”

We rushed to the hospital and there she delivered the cutest baby girl; of course, because the baby is mine.

“I want to name her Haru,” I suggested as I admired Hanna carrying my newborn daughter.

“Mou, she’s prettier than me Kou-chan. She’s so adorable, and she looks a bit like you too,” Hanna said with a smile. That smile that made me fall in love with her.

“We could go home in a couple of days so you better rest ne?” I kissed her forehead then admired the both of them. Seeing her happy is enough, enough to make me happy too.

 

 

*One week later*

 

Everything had gone perfect, I was on my way home, bought her engagement ring. I can’t wait to kneel in front of her, tell her how much I love her and tell her how blessed I am. I speed dialed her number then waited for her sweet voice to speak. However, my smile faded when I heard a loud thud from the other line, it cut off our conversation. It suddenly hit me, she’s in danger. And Haru; how was she?

 

I told her to wait for me, told her to hold on. But she just couldn’t... She just couldn't hold on any longer.

-

-

-

“I’ll never leave you. I’ll never stop… loving you. And… I want to marry you. But baby… if you really love me… you’ll let me rest…”

-

-

-

“P-please… let me rest now…”

My mind went blank. Hearing those was enough to make me lose my senses. I can’t lose her! I can’t think of anything back then. But maybe she’s right. I should let her go. I couldn’t bear to see her like this. Seeing her suffering and dying is the worst.

 

And Haru, I’m sorry you didn’t get the chance to meet your amazing mother. But I promise to take care of you. I’ll protect you forever, just like how I treasured  your mother.

 

“Promise me one thing; never forget that I love you,”

“I…I w-won’t forget that…”

-

-

-

“Be brave, live for me…”

I wiped off the tears from her eyes as my body became weaker and weaker at the moment. But I promised her, I’ll be strong enough to live for her and for our daughter.

Don’t cry, you know I hate it when you cry. Go to sleep now,” I shut her eyes close as I kissed her forehead; and finally to her lips. This would be the last. I treasured every moment caressing her, hugging her closer before she leaves me. “I love you…

A tear fell on her eye as she let out a relieving sigh.

I love you too baby…” I heard her faint whisper to me, indicating that it was her last breath. I hugged her closer and closer to mine as I felt her body to shut down—her hand releasing its grip on mine and her other arm circling my neck; fell from its current position.  

 

 

--

 

“Oto-san…”

I felt a light tug on my shirt as I lifted my head from the table. Facing downward, I saw a little girl carrying a small pillow with her.

“Haru…” I carried her and kissed her on the forehead. “Having a nightmare? Want to sleep with oto-san?” Haru pouted then nodded, her head rested on my shoulder.

“Sleep well baby. Daddy loves you so much,”

 

Upon saying that, I felt a chill down my spine. I remembered her resting on my shoulder as I sing her favorite song. I would carry her to bed then make her go to sleep, tell her how much I love her. She’ll fall asleep in my arms just like always. And now, I could feel her right now—with our daughter. And I wish she would visit me in my dreams tonight.

 

 

~OWARI~

 

 

 

 

~***~ 

Mou! This story was suppose to be a one-shot !!!!!! But Rio nee-chan keeps on bugging me to write a sequel so here it is. Charaaaaan! So then I thought about Yabu reminiscing their moments. LOL sorry if it . And there was something unexpected ne? Hahaha~ okay, yoroshiku minna san! Write your comments ne! I love you all~!!! <3