(1/2)

It's a Secret. No one Needs to Know

 

            “Why? Why? Why did I listen to you?” Sehun temporarily took one of his hands off of the steering wheel to hit his best friend, Yixing, who was sitting in the passenger side. 

            “Don’t blame me for your no sense of direction,” Yixing just lowered his window and put an arm out. 

Sehun turned to his friend and glared.  It was ten thirty at night and the 21 year old was driving his 24 year old best friend back home from a party they were just at, which happened to be very far away.

            “ you and your friends who live this far away,” Sehun turned to Yixing, “Why did I even agree to drive one friggin hour just to go to a party?”

            “Oh come on,” Yixing gave a lazy smile. “It wasn’t that bad.”

            “It was the most boring thing I’ve ever been to,” Sehun muttered.

            “Because you just sat in the corner like a loner.  You didn’t talk with anyone, you didn’t drink, you didn’t even dance.  What do you expect?”

            “I had to take care of you and I had to drive home so—“

            “We’re on the highway, Sehun.  You can pick up the speed a little bit,” Yixing interrupted.

            Sehun glared at the road.  He was driving down the highway at a safe speed of 55mph and there weren’t any other cars around. 

            “I’d rather not get into an accident thank you very much.”

            “Well I’m just concerned for you, buddy,” Yixing closed his window and leaned back in his chair, “You have a curfew don’t you?  It’s almost eleven.”

            Sehun swore as he looked at the clock on the dash and picked up the speed.

            It only took a few minutes to reach the city and Sehun slowed down as more cars started appearing on the city road.  But he gave a frustrated yell when he oh so “luckily” ended up driving behind a slow silver sports car.

            Yixing laughed out loud, “Is that a grandpa in front of us?  He has a nice car though.”

            Sehun used all his resistance power to stop himself from beeping at the driver.  Too bad the road was one lane or he would’ve passed the car already.  Sehun started pounding on the wheel impatiently.  It was 10:50. 

            “Whoa, Sehun!”

            Sehun looked up from the clock and saw the car in front of him stopped at a red light.  Sehun immediately hit the brakes.  Unfortunately, he bumped the sports car in front.  They both heard the scratch of metal on metal.  It wasn’t bad, just a bump. 

          “Oh. My. !” Sehun yelled.  He turned to Yixing whose mouth was in the shape of an O, “What do I do?” Sehun looked at his friend, “I don’t even have my license on me!  Am I going to get arrested?” 

            The car was still stopped in front of them.  Suddenly they both heard a door shut.  They looked up and saw a man around their age start walking towards them.  Through the car headlights they saw that he had red hair.  He didn’t look furious, but he was definitely angry and he was glaring straight at Sehun.

            “Drive!” Yixing yelled at Sehun.  He leaned over and put Sehun’s hands on the steering wheel.

            “What? No!  Omigod I can’t,” Sehun was having an internal dilemma.  It was 10:55 and if he not only went home late but with a car accident in tow, his mom would have his head on a platter. 

            “Drive! It’s only a scratch!  Just go!” Yixing was yelling in his ear.   

            Sehun didn’t think twice before hitting the accelerator and driving out of there, leaving the scene of a car accident.  

 

            “So, how was your first day at work?” Yixing opened up his apartment door and Sehun came in and immediately threw himself onto his bed.  Sehun’s mom, the CEO of one of Korea’s most successful companies, Oh Corporation, found the scratch on Sehun’s front bumper.  Luckily she didn’t know about how the scratch got there but she’d yelled about Sehun being irresponsible.  And to teach Sehun to be more responsible, she made him an intern at her company. 

            “You’ll never believe me if I told you who I’m interning for,” Sehun was still face planted on the bed with a pillow covering his face.

            Yixing sat down beside his friend, “It’s not like Jaejoong from DBSK is it?  That guy is so fine.”

He chuckled at his own joke.  Sehun stood up and frowned. 

            “You know that little car accident we had?”

            “You mean that little bump?  Yeah.  I stopped worrying about it and you should too.  We hardly touched that car.  It’s his own fault for driving so freaking slow.  I mean come on!”

            “He’s my boss!” Sehun grabbed the pillow and screamed into it.

            “Oh.”

 

            “Hey man,” Chen came into Suho’s office and took a seat in the chair in front of his desk, “I’m going to a club tonight.  You want to be my wingman?”

            Suho laughed as he locked up his desk drawer, “Going to see if that red hair can catch you a good guy?”

            “Does it work for you?” Chen put a hand through his newly dyed hair.  He’d decided to be adventurous and go for a deep red.  It was about the same shade as Suho’s red hair. 

            “I don’t know.  I’m not looking for anyone right now,” Suho chuckled.  He went over to his closet and took out his casual clothes.  He kept different types of clothes in there.  It was required to wear office clothes for work but since he lived so far away from Oh Corporation Headquarters, he kept other sets of clothing in his closet as well.  He quickly took off his dress shirt to change into a dark t-shirt and put on his leather jacket. 

            “So how’s the intern?” Chen asked as they left, “Did you get your revenge on the kid?” Chen had been informed of the awkward situation between Suho and his intern, Sehun.  Even though Suho worked in public relations and Chen was the company CFO, all of Oh Coproration’s employees got along with each other and gossip pretty much traveled around quickly as well. 

            “Kinda?” Suho shrugged his shoulder, “He actually doesn’t really seem the irresponsible type.  I mean he actually came early to work today with a coffee for me and all the files proofread.”

            Chen’s eyes widened, “He actually proofread all of that?  You gave him about a thousand pages!”

            “Yeah,” Suho shrugged, “Maybe he just did that one thing wrong.  I mean it’s only a dent.  It’s not that big a deal.”

            “It looks like he’s growing on you,” Chen put an arm around Suho’s shoulder. 

 

“Are you still worrying about that guy’s car? It was just a stupid scratch, okay?  It’s not even a big deal.  Now forget about this person and let’s go dance.” Yixing was fed up with Sehun.  They were at a club and his younger best friend hadn’t stopped talking about Suho.  He was seriously thinking Sehun was either still in shock at the weird turn of events or starting to develop a crush on the guy. 

Well whatever the reason, he didn’t want to stay and find out.  He got up from the table and entered the dance floor.  He was only on the dance floor for less than a minute when someone caught his eye.  The man had deep red hair and was a little bit shorter than him.  The guy was eying him and Yixing had to admit that he didn’t mind at all. 

“You like what you see?” Yixing walked over to the guy and grabbed the guy’s arm.

“If you buy me a drink maybe I’ll tell you.”

“Maybe we can get out of here and you can get that drink somewhere else,” Yixing smirked at the guy who only smiled back. Well this one was an interesting one. 

“I came in my friend’s car,” the red head said as an explanation of why he wouldn’t be able to leave.

“That’s okay,” Yixing swayed slightly as he pulled the guy towards the exit, “I came in my friend’s car too but we can do stuff there.”

Yixing cursed himself for drinking a lot of alcohol earlier because they spent a good five minutes trying to find Sehun’s car in the parking lot.  But as soon as he saw a car with a slight dent on its front bumper he knew he’d found it.  He opened the back door.  Sehun never locked his car.  Damn the privileged. 

            The red head pushed him in and Yixing fell back onto the back seat with the guy on top of him. 

            “How about that drink now?” Yixing grinned.  His hands reached for the red head’s belt. 

 

            As soon as they finished what they did in the car, they walked back to the club to tell their friends that they were leaving.  Because the other things they wanted to do couldn’t be done in the car. 

            “I’ll meet you at the bar,” Yixing pressed a kiss to the red head’s cheek.  The guy nodded and went over to the bar.  Yixing saw him patting someone else on the back but he didn’t think much of it.  Luckily, he spotted Sehun and he immediately grabbed the younger to him. 

            “You….WHAT THE ? You blew my boss in MY CAR?  That’s my mom’s car!!! SHE’S GOING TO KILL ME! YOU BETTER BE LYING TO ME, ZHANG YIXING!”

            Yixing had just finished telling Sehun about how he was planning to hook up with the red head from earlier.  After pointing out the redhead at the bar, Sehun screamed in his ears.  Apparently it was Sehun’s boss.  Well what were the chances of that?

            “We didn’t get anything anywhere.  Don’t worry your pretty little ,” Yixing d Sehun’s , making the younger jump in the air. 

            Sehun grabbed Yixing’s hand and tugged on it, “You’re not doing anything with him.  Things are awkward enough as it is.”

            Yixing wasn’t going to stop pursuing the guy just because they’d been in a car accident together.  It’s not like Suho recognized him anyway.  “For you,” Yixing said, “Not for me.  Now if you excuse me—Sehun!”

            Sehun tugged at his hand, “Don’t you dare!”

            Yixing eyed him and then a smirk appeared on his face, “Fine. I”ll back off if you admit that you like him.” He wanted to hook up with Suho but since he wasn’t serious, he would back off.  But he wouldn’t back off without a good reason. 

            “Like who?”

            “The person whose car you barely scratched.  The person you work for.  The person you’ve been talking about since you got into this club.”

            “I don’t,” Sehun began.

            “Fine then, I’m going to talk to him and then ask if he wants to .  Bye,” Yixing started walking off.  He was already planning on the things they could do tonight.  He heard Sehun shout his name and stopped, but he didn’t turn his head back to give any indication he heard his best friend. 

“I like him!  Yixing…Yixing!”

Without turning around, Yixing sighed.  He would have to tell Suho that they wouldn’t be doing anything tonight.  He reached the bar where Suho was sitting quietly.  The red head had a beer glass in his hand and smiled when Yixing reached him.

“Ready to get out of here?”

“Actually I can’t, Suho.”

“Huh?” the red head looked at him confusedly.  He turned to the person beside him and patted him on the back, “Hyung, do you know this guy?”

Yixing stared at the person who was being asked the question.  He also had red hair and Yixing faintly recognized him from the car accident.  Oh…so this was Suho. 

Suho eyed him and shook his head, “Nope. Never met him before.  I’m Suho.” The real Suho smiled.  Yixing now understood what Sehun meant about angel in disguise of a devil, because his smile looked angelic. 

“Yixing.” Yixing took his hand. 

“And I’m Chen.  Chen,” Chen repeated.  Yixing turned to the red head he’d hooked up with earlier, “Now can we get out of here?”

Yixing smiled and grabbed Chen’s hand, quickly dragging him out of the club. 

 

Yixing opened his eyes the next morning when he heard the bed springs.  He put an arm out beside him but felt emptiness.  He quickly opened his eyes.

“Uh sorry.  Did I wake you?” Chen looked sorry.  He was pulling up his pants, his shirt already on. 

“Kinda,” Yixing rolled around on his bed and groaned.  He felt a little hung over, but it wasn’t as bad as all the other times he’d woken up alone. 

“I need to get home and get ready for work.  Um…well…yeah,” Chen got up and grabbed his coat. 

Yixing felt awkward.  He was usually the one leaving before the other woke up.  Either that or he would wake up to an empty bed.  This must have been the first time in a year waking up to someone leaving his place. 

“Well…um there’s toast if you want to eat something,” Yixing said softly.  He pointed to somewhere in his kitchen. 

“No…that’s okay.  Yesterday was fun.  We should do it again sometime.” 

And then he left.  Yixing usually did one night stands.  Maybe if it was good he would have two or three.  He wouldn’t mind seeing Chen again.  But just as he was thinking this, he realized he never got Chen’s number.  And Chen didn’t have his. 

 

They didn’t have to wait long before they met again because they ran into each other in the evening.  Chen was just leaving work when he spotted the familiar man walking in his direction down the street.  Yixing had headphones in his ears and wasn’t paying attention.  He almost walked right past Chen, but Chen stopped him by grabbing his arm. 

“Hey.”

Yixing’s eyes widened and he took out his headphones, “Chen?”

“I didn’t think I would see you again so soon,” Chen awkwardly put his hands in his coat pocket.  Yixing looked down at his feet.  He felt shy for some reason. 

“Are you hungry?”

Yixing looked up and smirked, “Are you paying?” 

“I don’t think it’s a date,” Chen laughed. He grabbed Yixing by the hand, “Come on.  There’s a good place a few blocks over.” 

 

Yixing couldn’t help stuffing his face with meat.  Because this restaurant must be the best Korean barbecue restaurant he’d ever been in.  Chen was opposite him stuffing his face as well.  He never knew someone could eat like him.  Yixing loved food and he was never afraid of showing his love for it.  Usually people found his eating habits disgusting but looking over at Chen he had to admire that Chen was eating almost identically to him. 

“You love food,” Yixing remarked.

“Almost as much as you do,” Chen took a sip from his miso soup and then dug into his rice.  Yixing was about to say something more but stopped when his phone rang.  He looked at the caller ID.  It was Sehun.

“Hey, bro what’s up?” Yixing asked.  He stuffed a couple of pickled radishes in his mouth. 

“Can you like ride me?”

Yixing spit out his food, “What did you just ask me?”

“Can you give me a ride?  I’m like drunk,” Sehun laughed. 

“I’m kind of busy right now but if you’re too drunk to drive, then I can pick you up,” Yixing took the phone away from his ear to look at the time.  Damn was it that late?  He’d been at this restaurant for five hours just eating? 

“No…that’s okay,” Sehun sounded sad over the phone but then his voice brightened, “Suho!”

Then there was dial tone.  Yixing was confused.  Maybe Suho could give Sehun a ride?  Yixing kind of felt guilty that he still hadn’t told Sehun that it was Chen he’d hooked up with.  Not Suho.  But at the moment it seemed unimportant. 

An hour later, Yixing and Chen left the restaurant with full bellies. 

“I never knew I could eat that much,” Chen patted his belly.

“If I could I would eat like that every day,” Yixing added, “It wasn’t cheap but damn it was good.”

Chen laughed, “Yeah that burned a hole in my pocket.” They both wound up splitting the check because it was an expensive meal that neither of them could afford alone. 

 

“I save money just for this,” Chen said one day as they were eating at the same restaurant.  The restaurant loved them.  Each time they entered the restaurant together they would get the VIP treatment and complimentary dishes.

“Tell me about it,” Yixing didn’t hesitate to flag down a waiter to add to their order. 

 “Hey can I stay over tonight?” Chen asked in the middle of their meal. 

Yixing raised an eyebrow, “What’s wrong with your place?”

Chen gave him a pointed look, “Hey you know I wouldn’t have asked but my best friend is having like his half year anniversary with his boyfriend and he needs the place.”

“You mean Kyungsoo?” Yixing asked.  Yixing basically knew everyone who worked at Oh Corporation.  He knew gossip, drama problems and every single relationship that went on inside that building.  He basically knew as much as any other Oh Corp employee.  Because not only would he hear everything from Chen, but Sehun as well.  Kyungsoo was Chen’s best friend, roommate, and a marketing leader at Oh Corp and his boyfriend was a fellow marketing leader by the name of Jongin. 

“If he’s been seeing the guy for half a year then why does he still live with you?”

Chen threw a piece of bread at him, “Why are you so nosy?  Do you mind or not?”

“You’re always welcome,” Yixing took the bread and bit into it, “You know that.”  

 

hey sorry if the chenlay seems downplayed.  first time writing for this couple and i'll admit i don't ship them hardcore.  but the final chap will be posted in a few days!