Khunyoung

Ruining My Best Friend's First Relationship!

As the days went by, Nickhun got worse! Nickhun's mom had called Wooyoung's mom to come over for a visit, almost a month after their last visit. Of course, she asked Wooyoung if he wanted to come, but he had refused the offer. When his mom came to the hospital, she found Nickhun's mom crying on the chair beside her son's bed. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"He's going to die..." She whispered.

"W-What?"

"The doctors still couldn't find out why he's like this, but they determined that he is going to die within two weeks if he doesn't get better."

"Oh my... I'm so sorry..." Wooyoung's mom said, hugging the sobbing woman.

"Eomma..." They heard a weak voice call out. Nickhun's mom turned to her son to see him staring at her. "Please, don't cry..."

"Nickhun..."

"Please mom, I don't want to see you crying as I die..."

"Okay, but tell eomma. Is there anything you want before you die?"

"Actually, yes... I want to see Wooyoung." Nickhun requested. Nickhun's mom looked over to the woman beside her.

"I can try to bring him... Just for you, as your dying wish."

"Thank you, Mrs. Jang." Nickhun smiled.

At Wooyoung's House, Dinner

"Wooyoung, Nickhun wants to see you."

"Well, I don't want to see him." Wooyoung said stubbornly.

"Please, honey? Go to see him. It's his dying wish."

"His what?" Wooyoung asked, choking on the food he was currently eating.

"The doctors couldn't figure out why he's like this, but they found out that he will die if he doesn't get better." His mom explained.

"He's going to die? When?"

"In about two weeks."

"Okay... I'll go tomorrow." Wooyoung promised. His mom smiled at him and nodded.

Next Day, Wooyoung's POV

I was going to see Nickhun today. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't at least see him before he died? Anyways, before I actually went to the hospital, I picked up some flowers for Nickhun. When I came into the room, I noticed that his mom was sobbing. I closed the door behind me, turning around and coming face-to-face with her. "I'll leave you two alone to talk." She smiled. "Thank you for coming." She thanked me as she passed by.

"Nickhun, please don't die on me..." I begged.

"I thought you wanted this... You said it yourself, I'm a bad friend."

"You were a bad friend!" I admitted. "But, I don't wanna lose you like this..."

"Wooyoung..."

"Please, don't leave me like this... I'll hate you even more if you do."

"Why do you care anyway? You're the one that had stopped being my friend all together after that fight." He reminded me, with a shaky voice. Is he crying? I thought. I turned him around to see that he was in fact crying. He's never cried for anyone before... What exactly am I to him?

"I care because I was stupid enough to fall in love with my best friend!" I exclaimed. He finally turned to me with shock written all over his face.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm in love with you!" I repeated.

"Since when?"

"Before our fight..." I confessed, ready for the rejection. But instead, I felt a pair of arms around me. Nickhun was hugging me!

"I love you too, Wooyoung." He whispered into my ear. I widened my eyes with shock.

"You're lying!" I exclaimed, pushing him off of me.

"I'm not..."

"How can I be sure about that?" I asked. Nickhun smiled at me before leaning in and kissing me. In that one kiss was so much passion. When he pulled away, I blinked with confusion. "I didn't regret anything the next day when you told me we had . I've loved you since we were 12 years old."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I questioned.

"I was afraid you would reject me..." He confessed. "But, since we have the same feelings... Would you want to be my boyfriend instead of just my friend?"

"I don't know... You know what you did."

"Please, Wooyoung?"

"No..."

"Wooyoung..." Nickhun begged me with a pout.

"Can you answer something before I tell you my answer?" I asked.

"Of course! Just ask."

"Okay... Why did you date Victoria when you liked me and why did you abandon me after becoming her boyfriend?" I asked. This question was eating me alive. It has been bugging me so much. Nickhun sighed before looking me straight in the eyes.

"As I've said, I only dated Victoria to use her. I knew it was wrong for me to be in love with you, so I used her to try and replace you in my heart."

"And, what about the whole avoiding thing?"

"Same reason... I had to move on, so I shunned you out of my life."

"Nickhun, you're honestly so stupid..." I commented. He looked away from me with saddness. "But, I still love you and I will be your boyfriend." I continued. Nickhun looked at me again with happiness before tackling me on to the bed. He was now hovering over me and within seconds, took my lips into his. After letting go of me, he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you... You're honestly the best friend I could ever ask for." Nickhun said. I swore I felt a smile on my shoulder as he said that.

"Best boyfriend you could ever ask for." I corrected.

"Actually... First boyfriend." Nickhun reminded. Soon enough, Nickhun got off of me and I sat beside him on the bed. We talked until I got a call from my mom to come home.

"Don't worry... I promise I'll visit you again tomorrow." I promised, seeing Nickhun pout at me.

"You better keep that promise." He warned me.

"Or what?" I challenged.

"Or you'll get a punishment."

"If it was anything like over a month ago, I won't mind getting the punishment." I smiled as a blush came on to Nickhun's face. "See you tomorrow." I laughed, exiting the room.

Next Day

As I had promised Nickhun, I came back to see him. This time, his mom wasn't sobbing, she was as happy as ever. "I feel like I missed something here..." I mumbled to myself, but his mom heard me.

"Nickhun is getting better." She smiled. I gave her a confused look. "After you left yesterday, the doctor came in to check on him and said that he was getting better!"

"Oh, that's good news." I smiled. She nodded and walked up to me.

"I can see that you're very special to him. You two are more than just friends, right?" She whispered to me. I nodded. Even if she wouldn't accept her son being gay, i couldn't lie to her, I've known her forever. She just smiled at me warmly, which I really didn't expect. If that wasn't enough of a shocker, she also hugged me. "Take care of him, okay? I think this whole thing is because you didn't accept him at first, so please don't let him wind up in here again."

"I won't... I honestly had no idea... But, I love him and don't wanna see him here again."

"I know you love him." She assured, letting go of me. "Have fun." She waved and walked out of the room.

"Wooyoung, come over here." I heard Nickhun call me over. I went up to the bed and sat down beside him.

"Sorry..." I apologized.

"About what?"

"About putting you in this position... It was because of me that you're in the hospital." I explained, not looking at him. Nickhun turned my head to make me look at him.

"It's true, you were the one who got me here in the first place. But, I'm getting better now and that's because of you too." Nickhun reminded, my cheek. "By the way, what were you talking about with my eomma?"

"Nothing!" I smiled.


A/N: I lied... I'm sorry... But, I had something more planned, however this chapter would be incredibly long if I did. So, I'm going to put it into the next chapter. I hope you guys aren't mad.