When our Eyes Met

Yes, I Dated Them

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that I go to a school full of Hallyu stars and Kpop idols. It’s ok. I get that a lot. I do actually. Believe it. I’m the only normal, average teenage girl there. There are couples here and every Kpop group you could possibly think of. They’re here. In Hangeng Senior High.” You’ve been in this school for the past three years. Believe it or not, one of your best friends was an actress. “Yah! Hae Ni-ah!” Han Byul called to you. “Hm? Ah! Unni! What’s up?” “So, did you see him again today?” She nudged you. “Hey! When did I ever include you to know about my personal life?” You were embarrassed. She knows that you’ve been crushing on a guy who’s been your first love since forever. “You mean Daehyun oppa? Uh…” You stuttered. “You have!! Did you talk to him?” “No! Of course not! I’m too nervous. He smiled at me though. Boy, he was so cute!” You blushed just talking about him. “That’s great! Me and Se7en are happy for you.” Han Byul said. “Quick! He’s headed this way! Be cool!”

And sure enough, Daehyun and his friends were heading in your direction. You were fidgeting with your hair nervously. B.A.P was one of the most hottest rookie groups in the school. Everyone of the students fanned over every one of the boys. Especially Daehyun. He has that kind of effect on the girls. Fangirl screams were heard everywhere by now! When they got to you and Han Byul, you looked down. “Hey Han Byul noona!” Zelo greeted her. “Aw! What a cutie! Up high!” Han Byul said, giving him a high-five. Daehyun noticed your head down. “Hi Hae Ni-ah.” You were surprised that he knew your name. “H-hello Daehyun o-oppa.” You gave a light smile. “How’d you know my name?” He chuckled. “I’ve seen you around the halls. Plus, Han Byul noona calls out sometimes, so I knew that way.” He said. Han Byul snuck glances at you. You knew she was teasing you because you are finally making conversation with your crush. “Ok well, I gotta go. Here. Call me…sometime. See you around Hae Ni-ah.” “Oh. O-ok. Kamsamnida. Bye oppa.” When he left, you screamed. “He exchanged numbers with me and talked to me and knows my name! Omo!” You said. “I knew you would get a chance to get closer with him!” Han Byul squealed.

Ever since you and Daehyun exchanged numbers, you never actually texted him or anything. You were too nervous to say anything to him because you might say something wrong. Well, that’s all about to change. Just minutes after your last class was over, he texted you. “Omo! It couldn’t be! Ahh!” You said. “Hey Hae Ni. =) Can you meet me at the park afterschool? I wanna hang with you.” Han Byul was looking at the text over your shoulder. You didn’t notice until the hall got crowded and she got pushed. “Yah! Watch-“ “Oops! Cover blown!” She said. “Were you reading my text all this time?!” She acted innocent. “Maybe…yes.”  “Hey! No privacy?” You said, annoyed. “No, you get your privacy from me, but not to this text! Congrats girl! You got a text from your crush!” You shushed her as she was screaming at this point and caught some attention. “Not so loud please! I don’t want anyone to know.” You pleaded. “Ok, ok. Sorry. Have fun afterschool!” She winked at you before heading to class.

The bell rang, time for your last class. You texted a reply back to Daehyun saying you’ll meet him at the park. Honestly, you couldn’t focus in English because you were too nervous and excited to meet Daehyun for the first time alone. –Bell rings- That was the last bell for the day. Time for the meeting.

You arrived early and sat on the swing and waited. Moments later, he showed up. Man, were you ever blushing! He looked like a living manga character out of a book and he looked way more handsome in person. “Annyeong Hae Ni.” Annyeonghaesaeyo oppa.” You smiled. “You probably were wondering why I suddenly asked you to come out afterschool. I just…wanted to get to know you better.” You just stared at him and listened to him in awe. His voice mesmerized you. “So…what’s up, oppa?” You hated the fact you talked informally to him on your first meeting. “He’s gonna hate me now!” You thought. He spoke again, interrupting your thoughts. “Actually, that’s not all I wanted to do with you. I have something to tell you.

“Hey guys! What are we-“ Han Byul was being shushed by someone. “Ah! What was-“ “Noona, shhh! We are spying on Daehyun and Hae Ni to see if he will confess to her.” Youngjae said. Han Byul was now talking in whisper. “What?! When did Daehyun ever like Hae Ni? I thought she was the one who always liked him.” Zelo cut in. “Yes, we all can see Hae Ni crushing on hyung, but I noticed, and Yong Guk hyung too, that he’s always glancing in her direction when she’s not looking.” Han Byul was shocked. “Wow…opposites do attract. And when you least expect it too. Let’s hope she’ll say yes.”

“Ok oppa. What is it?” There you go again! Talking informally. Your heart suddenly pounded. He took your hands in his. “Hae Ni…..do you…want to go out with me?” That’s it! He met up with you and confessed. You just stood there, frozen. What will your answer be? The guys back in the bush, hiding were silenting celebrating. “Way to go, Daehyun!” Himchan said. “Woo!” Zelo screamed. “Now, you have to say yes Hae Ni! I trust you will be in good hands.” Han Byul thought.