Prelude

The Princess, the Prince and the Butler

 

Tables cluttered with books and stationeries, bed not made and floor littered with anything possible. Worst of all, the princess is nowhere to be seen. The king was horrified when he opened the door to another completely different dimension a.k.a the princess’s room. He checked the sign on the door to make sure that it says ‘Piyoko’. King Takiyama knew that her daughter is untidy, but this is absurd! He immediately summons the princess who was, meanwhile, in the garden taking a stroll. When Piyoko reached the throne room, the king started to nag.

“Why is your room so messy? Why are you not attending your etiquette lessons? And your attitude…” and it goes on.

“Seriously,” Piyoko thought “this oyaji can be so annoying when he’s nagging.” And she flinched as the king continues to nag.

“Why didn’t the maid tidy up your room?” the king asked accusingly.

“Cause I don’t like people to touch my stuff” Piyoko replied with a shrug which starts a whole new round of nagging by the king about her choice of speech and her not princess-like behaviour.

When the king finally finished his ‘speech’, he sighed in resignation and said “we have to get you a butler.”

“But, I don’t need a butler!” Piyoko protested.

“No, a butler will be good for you. He can get you to attend your lessons and make sure your room would not look like a disaster-struck place” the king is determined to get a butler for her daughter so that he could at least worry less about this problematic daughter of hers.

As Piyoko is leaving the throne room after the decision, she thought to herself, “If protesting doesn’t work, I’ll just have to drive the butler away!”