Unfortunate Circumstances

Unfortunate Circumstances

 

“Are you working again this weekend?” Jonghyun asked, looking down at his shoes.

Key bit his lip, trying to keep his inner turmoil from showing on his features. “I might be,” he replied cockily, arching an eyebrow.  “You want a go?” He s an arm around the other’s waist, letting out a puff of air near his ear, enjoying how he shivered in response, and then lowered his voice to a whisper. “I wouldn’t mind.”

“I-I just wanted to hang out,” he stuttered nervously, feeling his heart rate increase. “Not t-that I don’t w-want to,” he amended, dragging his toes across the ground.

“Then I might be able to cut out some time for you,” the blonde smirked, kissing the nape of his neck before pushing him out of his apartment. “Now go,” before your friends think I’ve done something to you.”

Jonghyun looked back, showing sad puppy eyes. “They wouldn’t mind…” He reluctantly edged out the door.

This time Key’s smile was gentle, his entire expression softening. “I’m sorry, Jjong,” he apologized. “But I have a client later, and I don’t think that would be much fun for you.”

The brunette looked dejected, his lower lip sticking out. Every time he was reminded of Key’s profession, a little piece of him wilted. “Okay.” He started down the stairs before stopping, turning back around. “I’ll see you Saturday though, right?”

“Of course,” the other boy promised. “Saturday’s your day.”

A bright smile appeared once again. “Bye!”

Key shut the door, leaning back against it. “What have I done,” he breathed. “Why do we meet under such unfortunate circumstances?”


comments are appreciated

thank you for reading<3