Still here.

Worrisome

In the small, wooden-floored apartment, she sat at the edge of the bed. There wasn't much else in the room except the kitchen, a small white table and some drawers. The sun had set for hours now and she sat, nervously twisting a napkin. The food had gotten cold and she wasn't sure whether to wait in anxiety or to set out for him in the cold. 

As she was worrying, her boyfriend came through the door looking rather roughed up. His face was bruised in many places and he limped slightly as he fell on the small apartment bed. She trembled as she began to speak. 

"Y... yah! UKwon-ssi, are you really going to live like this?" He looked at her from his swollen eyes. His head was throbbing and her yelling frustrated him. But he knew that when she referred to him politely like that, it meant she was very mad. He had no thought to provoke and just got up slowly. 

He put his arms gently around her waist and rested his on her shoulder. She had a long speech prepared but was at a loss for words at his hug. He winced in pain as she put a little bit of pressure into the hug. 

"Sorry!" She helped him sit down and began warming up the food. As he finished eating, she squated beside the bed and tried to look stern again. 

"UKwon, you can't spend your days fighting like this. It makes the people around you worried for you."
"I know. But my brothers need me. If your friends came to you for help, you wouldn't say no right? As long as I'm back, you shouldn't worry."
"Why? What kind of friendship do you need to be in, where it's an obligation to get hit for each other? For me, it's unfair. When you get hurt, the people around you get hurt too. No, I'm more hurt. Your pain goes away but I have to live knowing someone else is hitting my boyfriend, is that fair to you? How would you, UKwon-ssi, feel if other girls were hitting your girlfriend."
"I'd be mad!"
"See? So what logic is it that I have to sit at home and wait for you, worrying each day whether or not you'll step through that door?"
"I understand. Don't be mad, okay?" He used his fingers to lift the corners of her lips to make a smile. She pushed his hands away, causing him to grunt.

"Sorry!"
"Ah, it's okay. Not the first time." She hit his arm hard. 
"AGH! YA!" he yelled out in pain.
"It hurts right? Knowing that and you still do it every time." He smiled and leaned forward.
"But it's okay. Because I have you right, Jiyeon?" She nodded hesitantly, feeling somewhat proud. She touched the corner of his lip, which was red and slightly bloody. She reacted as he winced a little. "It must hurt a lot," she said as she traced the sore area. He leaned over to kiss her softly on the lips. 
"Nope. Not at all." He smirked as she gave him a shocked look. 

She got up to get a warm towel. She wrung out the water and left it on the counter. As she was reaching for the rubbing alcohol on the shelf, she felt UKwon's arms around her waist again. Before she could turn around, he whispered "Sorry, Jiyeon". 

"I know how many sleepless nights you've had because of me. And how disappointed you are every time I come home looking like this. But if you're willing to love a guy like me, I'll do anything for you." Jiyeon turned around and hugged him as gently as possible. "I'm still here aren't I?" She smiled and tip-toed to kiss his cheek.

"Plus, it's not like I have another girl or anything." 
"Yah!" Jiyeon slapped his arm and he yelled out in pain. Way to kill the moment.


a/n: Hope you guys enjoyed it! Just a super short and simple scene. Basically, UKwon has a sort of gangster background and is always there to help his friends (Block B) and his girlfriend Jiyeon is very frustrated 'cause of it. But it's okay 'cause (trumpet) *love prevails! ^ ^