taeyeon was like the galaxy

Wishing on Dead Stars

 

Tiffany liked to believe that she knew Taeyeon well enough, but every time something like this happened, whatever she knew only seemed like a scratch on the surface. 
 
Taeyeon was like the galaxy, Tiffany had always thought. She was endless. Tiffany could spend her whole life trying to understand Taeyeon, but she knew that it was impossible for one girl to cover the galaxy. Taeyeon was also like the galaxy because the galaxy was filled with the beauty of stars, and yet what most people didn't know was that the stars twinkling in the night sky – they're all there because they've died. "Taeyeon's smile is pretty." That was what most people would say, and Tiffany would respond, "Those with the most beautiful smiles have gone through the most pain." 
 
Taeyeon was someone she could never fully understand, no matter how close the two of them were. "Tiffany knows me the best." That was what Taeyeon claimed, and they both knew it was true, but at the same time, they knew that 'best' wasn't that much after all. 
 
But at times like these, none of that mattered. Tiffany could feel her shirt moisten with the mascara-stained teardrops and the deep breaths that tickled her neck. She raised her hand to the hair that had been damaged due to the endless dyeing. The sobs didn't subside until hours later, and when Tiffany finally found that the girl had quietened down, she pulled her into a tight embrace, slipping her hand into hers as she give the girl a light kiss on the forehead. 
 
Tiffany knew that it was impossible to ever understand Taeyeon as she wished she could, but that was fine. Because as long as Taeyeon was safe and here with her, she needn't wish on dead stars for anything else.
 
-----
[A/N] I'm not sure why I'm into writing drabbles nowadays tbh :| oh wells, all these ideas are probably very weird because I think I'm a very weird kid with very weird obsessions. Anyways, thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoyed it! ^^