Final

Realization (HBDAY Kai!)

 

Characters: Kai, D.O

 

Pulling his black and white suitcase, he walked over to the rows of seats besides the checking-in place. He sat down sighing and checked his Casio watch for the umpteenth time that day. The noises of people chattering, the clicks of women’s high heels and the buzzing sound of the laptop disappeared and all that was in his mind was one person, his voice, his face, his posture, his way of walking and the way that he smiled.

 

Kai sighed once again before sinking back into the hard, charcoal airport seat. He tried so hard to forget about his closest friend, the one that was almost like his brother, but he couldn’t, because he loved him.

 

He looked up at the high ceiling above him and felt even more depressed as the wonderful memories of them two ever since when they were in kindergarten streamed through his mind.

 

“Look! Look what I found!” A small pale boy shouted as he ran down the hall of his best friends’ house.

“What?” The room’s owner asked with his back facing the other boy, pretending to be not interested in the ‘thing’ that his friend has found.

“This! A beautiful shell!”

The boy turned around and took a good stare at the flawlessly beautiful shell, stood up and crossed his arms.

“Aii, I’ve seen so many shells in my life. What’s so fascinating about that?” the young Kai asked.

“It’s amazing!” the young Kyungsooi replied.

“No it isn’t!”

“Yes it is!”

“Whatever.”

“Hmph.”

 

Kai laughed at the memory. Yes, these two had bickered with each other ever since the age of five. Kai had come from an extremely well-off family and had everything that he had ever wanted. To him, even though he found the shell pretty amazing, his pride didn’t allow him to admit that. Kyungsoo came from a well-off family too (not as wealthy as Kai’s though) but he adored and admired nearly everything that he found, as long as there was a small tint of beauty in it. He had an extremely kind and peaceful heart.

 

Kai closed his eyes and tried to empty his mind when another flashback appeared. His emotions were all mucked up in a mess right now.

 

“Hyunggg!!” Kai screamed as he ran into the cabin that the both of them shared.

They were both at school camp and luckily enough, they shared the same cabin. The two would stay up until midnight telling jokes, planning pranks and how to annoy the teacher.

Kyungsoo didn’t exactly wanted to do some of these things, but because Kai was a pretty stubborn and persistent person, Kyungsoo always had to give in to Kai even though Kyungsoo was older than him.

“Look at what I brought over today!” Kai exclaimed.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked as he widened his doe-like eyes.

“Don’t widen your eyes, hyung. It’s scary.” Kai complained, he always complained about that and Kyungsoo always replied. “You’re scared of this? Then you’re a scaredy cat.” Then it would end up with an extremely childish fight with the two of them throwing pointless insults at each other. In the end they would never get back to what they had been talking about in the first place, and just end up on the floor extremely exhausted.

They’d make up quickly with a bow and just climb back into their own sleeping bags and would fall asleep within a minute.

 

Kai smiled and opened his eyes with a smile. He loved those times spent with Kyungsoo, it had been the best period of the life. They didn’t have any worries or problems that disturbed, they had sincerely just had fun playing the simplest games with each other. Even though they bickered a lot, their friendship was never broken.

 

Kai checked his watch again and realised that it was time to at least check in. There was still an hour left before he had to go through the security. He lined up and as he waited another flashback unconsciously slipped into his mind.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, let’s go dancing! Or singing at the karaoke?” Kai asked as he tugged  his hyung’s sleeve gently.

When there was no response, he pulled a little harder and only received an annoying grunt from his usual peaceful grunt.

When the two started high school, Kyungsoo began to change. Kai had noticed the change ever since middle school, and he tried his best to prevent his hyung from changing but unfortunately failed.

The two used to go singing at the karaoke and belt out their dancing in the school’s studio all the time after school. But the amount of times started decreasing when they reached the third year of middle school, and as the busy year passed and the two entered high school, Kyungsoo had been ditched every session.

This left Kai very helpless and angry and the two started to distance from each other.

“Hyung?” Kai asked once again, hoping for the endless time that finally his hyung would be able to go and have fun with him again just like the old times.

But just like the day before Kyungsoo swatted Kai’s hand away from his arms and turned around to glare at him.

“Can’t you see I’m studying? Studying is the most important thing right now. There is no time for me to do any of these co-curricular activities.” Kyungsoo said in a stern tone immediately making Kai back away in defeat.

Kyungsoo could be called a nerd at some time. Kai could tell that Kyungsoo didn’t actually wanted to study, but his parents forced him to. If he didn’t get a satisfying result, he wouldn’t be allowed to go out at all, and that meant no more singing. Singing was definitely Kyungsoo’s favourite and Kai was the only one that knew at the time. Even though Kai knew Kyungsoo’s reasons, he couldn’t take his best friends’ behaviour any more and the distanced from each other even more. But at night, both of them would lay in bed and deep inside, both of them missed each other dearly, and hoped that time would pass quickly so that they’d both graduate and would be able to have together once again.

 

Kai’s thoughts were interrupted when he was called to check in. As he received his boarding pass and started to make his way to the security, he stopped once again and leaned against the nearest wall that he could find. He eyed the entrance to the security place and sighed. And the most recent event replayed in his mind again.

 

After the two had graduated, they both went on a trip to Hawaii and had the best time of their life. The two went sight-seeing, fishing, swimming and snorkelling together.

To many outsiders, they looked like a couple by the way they were acting. They’ve been mistaken to be a couple so many times that they’ve already gotten used to it.

However Kai had always knew what he had felt, but he wasn’t sure about Kyungsoo at all, especially after that period of cold war between the two. When they were separated from each other, Kai had thought about Kyungsoo every single time and missed him so much that he couldn’t exactly do anything without seeing Kyungsoo that day. He knew that his feelings for Kyungsoo were definitely more than a brother or a friend.

As the two walked along the beach of Hawaii together as the sun began to set, Kai decided that the right time had come.

“Hyung.” Kai called as he stopped walking.

“Neh Jongin-ah?” Kyungsoo replied as he turned around and smiled sweetly at Kai.

“I.. I have something to tell you.”

“Neh? Sure go on.”

“I… I love you.” Kai confessed.

Kyungsoo blinked twice before replying with a joking tone. “I know that Jongin-ah! I love you too!” He replied and went in to hug the seemingly embarrassed guy.

“No. No kyungsoo.” Kai replied pushing him away slightly.

“I’m not joking. I do not mean it in a friend or brother way, I love you in the ‘love’ way.” Kai insisted as he hoped that Kyungsoo had gotten the message.

“W-what?”

That was all that was said before silence sank between the two for a few minutes before Kyungsoo ran off without a word leaving the embarrassed and humiliated Jongin on the beach alone by himself.

The sun set as soon as Kyungsoo left and Kai’s world suddenly turned black all of a sudden.

 

Kai sighed once more as he pushed himself away from the wall that he was leaning against. After that incident, Kyungsoo avoided him all the time and never once did he reply to his calls or messages. Kai felt abandoned, betrayed and lonely.

So he has decided to leave this place full of memories that would haunt him and make him depressed for the rest of his life.

He had texted Kyungsoo for the last time telling him that he was leaving, and deep within his heart, he had expected him to come, at least to bid farewell.

He looked around anxiously once more before picking up his striped suitcase and headed to the security entrance. As he made his way, he stopped once again and stared at the entrance, the rest of the people walked past him and some stopped and stared at him wondering if there was something wrong.

He looked up, nodded and was about to step in when a cold sweaty hand pulled him back by his arm.

 

 

“Don’t Go.” The most familiar voice he had known all his life echoed in his ears. He turned around immediately and felt hyped up instantly as he saw Kyungsoo’s face, but he did not show the excitement at all as he tried to keep it all in.

 

Kyungsoo pulled Kai all the way out of the airport and turned around to face Kai.

 

“Don’t Go. Don’t leave me Jongin-ah.”

“Why? It’s not like I’m anything to you.

“No. You’re wrong. You’re everything to me.”

Kai looked at him surprised at his words, but stayed persistent with his thoughts. “But you don’t feel the same way I feel for you.”

The other guy stood there eyeing him down with his cheeks reddening a little before blurting out the words he had felt all this time.

“No I do. I love you.”

His grip on his suitcase tightened as he felt his heartbeat fasten, but he still could not believe the other’s words.

“But.. B-but you said you were straight Kyungsoo.”

“No. I had been avoiding the most important fact this entire time. I used to be straight but I’m…”

He stopped mid-sentence, unsure if his pride would actually allow him to blurt out these words.

“I’m gay now. I’m gay for you, Kim Jongin. I love you.”

 

Kai’s heart melted instantly as he saw the vulnerable boy standing in front of him confessing his love that he had avoided all this time. With tears circling in his eyes, all he wanted was to cuddle the boy in his arms tightly, and to never let go.

“Kyungsoo-ah…”

“Please don’t ever leave me, Jongin-ah. I’m sorry for responding to you like that last time. I was afraid. I did not realise until the moment that I knew I might lose you, and that feeling, I hate. I can’t even bear the pain of the thought of losing you Jongin-ah.” He said, bowing his head in guilt.

“It’s alright hyung.”

The two embraced each other in a warm hug. This was their first hug to start their relationship, it wasn’t their first hug ever, but it was different to the other hugs. This time it was with sincere love as a partner and both were in love with each other.

A couple had just been born.

 

 


 

SOOO SORRY IF IT'S SUCH A BAD ONESHOT!! I'M SOOO SORRY! I RUSHED IT ALL IN ONE TODAY AND IT JUST TURNED OUT BAD :( WAHHHH! 

I'm so tired so i haven't edited it yet SORRY! :(

 

BUT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JONGIN!!!

THIS IS DEDICATED TO YOU!! :)

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! WITH KYUNGSOO! KEKE XP