Epilogue

Chromaggia

 

It takes two weeks for the paper work to be completely sorted out, and then Siwon officially becomes Kyuhyun’s ward. Two days later the two of them move into a larger apartment in downtown Seoul. Siwon has his own room—not as big as the one in his former home, but that’s fine by him. It’s just big enough for a desk and a little video game station; he needs to work on his gaming skills if he wants to beat Kyuhyun one day. Kyuhyun enrolls him in a homeschool program, and now that Siwon can learn at his own pace he estimates he’ll be ready for college in two to three years.

They spend a few weeks decorating the apartment, painting it and arranging and rearranging the furniture until it feels just right. Kangin, Hankyung, Heechul, Yunho and Jaejoong come over and they have what Kyuhyun calls a “housewarming party” but what Siwon dubs “an excuse for Kyuhyun to kick everyone’s in Mario Kart.”

“One of these days,” Heechul shrieks, “I am going to find out how you cheat at this game, because there’s no way you can win every time.”

Kyuhyun smirks and sticks out his tongue, wishing Heechul luck on that fruitless venture and everyone snorts. After they all go home, Siwon curls up on the sofa next to Kyuhyun and taps his arm.

“I think I might want to be your Conduit,” he whispers.

Kyuhyun’s eyes go wide and he coughs, then clears his throat.

“Are you…you said might,” he manages after a minute. Siwon fidgets and looks up shyly.

“Well yeah, it’s not only my decision. I don’t want to be your Conduit if it’s going to make you uncomfortable, but I do want to do this for you.”

“But you don’t have to,” Kyuhyun says gently. “You don’t owe me anything, Siwon.”

“I know I don’t,” Siwon cuts in. “Really, I just want to do this for you. And for me I guess.”

Kyuhyun gets a little misty eyed and he has to take a moment to breathe deeply.

“There’s something really special about hearing a human say that,” he murmurs.

Siwon grins at him. “So is that a yes?”

Kyuhyun nods and abruptly throws his arms around Siwon’s shoulders, hugging him so tightly he pulls Siwon half into his lap. “Of course it’s a yes.”

So the next day they drive down to the Council’s Headquarters to draw up the contract. The law says that a human must be seventeen before they can truly become a Vampire’s Conduit, so Siwon has 3 years to go. The contract is really only a formality, since Kyuhyun has said time and time again that Siwon doesn’t owe him for the years he took care of him. In the end the contract states that Siwon will serve as Kyuhyun’s conduit until he has the means to support himself and live on his own, whether that time be as long as six years or as short as a few months. They don’t get a copy of the contract, that’s just not how things are done, so they can’t frame it and put it up in their living room. Siwon had wanted to do that, he thought it would be sweet—like a testament to their friendship (more than that?) but in the end Siwon guesses it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t need a piece of paper to know that he’s found a place in Kyuhyun’s heart.

*             *             *

Siwon rolls up his sleeve and bares his wrist. Kyuhyun holds his arm up and bends down, teeth clamping down on Siwon’s skin. With his free hand Siwon cards his fingers through Kyuhyun’s hair. The bite doesn’t hurt anymore, not that it ever did much to begin with. Vampire saliva has some kind of chemical in it that takes the pain away, and by now the surprise has worn off enough where Siwon doesn’t even flinch when Kyuhyun feeds from him now.

Siwon looks back and wonders when the years passed. It seems like only last week he was sitting in Kyuhyun’s tiny apartment, paparazzi swarming outside. But alas, Siwon is no longer the scrawny boy that Kyuhyun scooped off the bridge. He’s almost twenty, taller than Kyuhyun and starting tomorrow he’s going to model for a clothing brand. He’s all grown up.

Kyuhyun pulls away and presses his hand over the marks in Siwon’s wrist. When he lets go, the skin is totally healed.

“You need to tell me how you do that,” Siwon laughs.

Kyuhyun brushes Siwon’s bangs back and peers into his face. “How are you feeling?” He asks.

Siwon catches Kyuhyun’s wrist and kisses his palm. “I’m fine,” he sighs with a teasing smile as Kyuhyun blushes. “Stop worrying.”

“Can’t be helped,” Kyuhyun grumbles, trying to seem disapproving. “And stop looking at me like that.”

Siwon rolls his eyes and leans forward, deliberately tilting his head like he’s about to go in for a kiss. Kyuhyun leaps up and backs away.

“I said knock it off,” he repeats.

Siwon pouts and folds his arms across his chest. “If I can’t flirt with you then what good is it being this handsome?”

Kyuhyun sputters. “Get some friends besides Heechul for the love of god, I beg you!”

“Sorry,” Siwon says, but ruins the apology by laughing.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes now. “Flirt with me after you turn twenty.”

Siwon smirks. “Kyuhyun, that’s in three days.”

Kyuhyun freezes and then screams, clutching his chest. “Oh my god you’re right!!”

Siwon gets up and goes over to give Kyuhyun a hug. “Will you calm down?” He sighs. “I am an adult now. I’ve known what I want for a long time.”

Kyuhyun groans and pulls away slightly, framing Siwon’s face with his hands. “I know,” he says, “You’ve only been telling me about it for three years now.”

Siwon grins. It’s true, on the day he turned seventeen he asked Kyuhyun out on a date. Kyuhyun freaked out and tried to get Tiffany to talk some sense into him, but she just laughed and said he was a fool if he didn’t see this coming. A lot of people said that to Kyuhyun over the following years.

Siwon leans in quickly and kisses Kyuhyun. It’s just a peck, but it’s enough to make them both blush.

“I love you,” Siwon says shyly. “I really do, I swear.”

Kyuhyun smiles and taps Siwon’s nose. “Okay, I believe you.” Then he presses a brief kiss to Siwon’s lips. “And I love you too.”

In the end, Siwon thinks that’s all he’ll ever need.

 

End of Part One

 

I think this is the shortest epilogue I have EVER written. I'm sorry to those of you who wanted more romance, but I really think this is the best way to end it. Maybe if you're all nice to me I'll write a little romantic snippet in the future, eh?

This story has been such a project for me, I started writing it a year ago on February 18, 2012. For a long time it was just a five page thing I started one night after a dream, then I started working on it again and now it's evolved into a three-part monster!

So as I promised, the next part in this AU is up here : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/396262 It's just the foreword for now, but the first chapter should be up soon. Siwon and Kyuhyun and other characters from this story will make appearances, and this part will give you more insight into the universe. I hope you subscribe and I hope you enjoyed this part of the story. See you around!