My Ideal Boy

My Ideal Boy

 

 

It was a chilly winter’s day of January in Seoul, South Korea. The loud chatter of students in a local high school rose across the hallways. A petite girl rushed through the crowd, pushing and shoving against the crowds of other teens who towered over her, to get to her destination. She bent down slightly as she crept up to her friend who was rummaging through his locker. “BOO!” she yelled over the conversations. The boy turned with a curious expression pressed onto his perfect, handsome face; showing that he was unfazed by her attempt. “Nice try, but I could see you from down the hall” He rolled his eyes, latching his arm around her neck, embracing her in a headlock. She yelped but then burst out laughing. “Yah! Kim Jongin! Hajima!” she grabbed onto his arm, squealing cheerfully. They play fought, even though they had a limited time together before they had to run off to class without being considered late. He pushed her against the locker, smiling down at her. Her eyes were locked to the ground, trying to push herself off the cold lockers.  Though, in return she had punched him in the forearm. The two had decided it was time to part ways and bid each other goodbye. He smiled as he watched her leave, blending into the sea of people once again.
 

The bell rang soundly, signaling another school day over and all the learners flung the school doors open, excited for the weekend to begin. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, speed walking through the hallways. This was her means of transportation in the school; she’d no choice but to walk swiftly to avoid getting squished among the lockers. She spotted him, and mentally smiled. She’d had an attraction towards him, though, she was still unsure of her feelings. He’d spotted her pushing her way through and laughed, amused by the sight. She’d tried to pass by him,  to restrain her from falling more in love than she already has. Much to her dismay, he’d reached out his arm to high five her and pulled her back, into his warm and secure embrace. “What’s up?” he smiled, his eyes lighting up with sincerity. “Ah.. Nothing Oppa.. “ she stuttered as she gazed into his dark brown eyes. “OH MY GOSH! STOP LOVING EACH OTHER!” a loud shout came from a few lockers down. Her two friends were teasing the two, laughing. “Aish” she bowed her head down in embarrassment, cheeks flushed pink. 

“GET MARRIED ALREADY!” the other one yelled and this time, both the boy and the girl chuckled nervously and glanced away. Suddenly, the girl was lifted off the ground, causing her to gasp. Jongin had carried her bridal style and she wrapped her arms around his neck and he began walking away from her two friends. They hadn’t gone very far until she’d dropped her phone and he’d let her down. “Oppa, let’s go to the café across the street!” she suggested. He nodded and wrapped his arm atop her shoulders as they stepped out the school doors.

Once they had gotten to the small café, she was on his back, resting her head on his shoulder. They had sat down and waited for their orders. They’d been talking about random topics until he’d placed his chin atop his palm and questioned her. “So… What’s your ideal man?” “O-oh.. Well… I like someone…” As she’d begin to list the things she prefers in men, he compared himself to match the specific qualifications. “…But.. there is one man, who’s more than my ideal man…” she sighed dreamily, staring out the window. His eyes widened, surprised that she had feelings for someone. “Mwoh..? Does he know?” he asked innocently, tilting his head. Inside, his heart was shattered, already knowing that he hadn’t a chance with her now. He’d decided to give up on her, although he knew it would be very difficult. “Hmm.. Anio.. I don’t think he knows.. But.. I hope he’s thinking about me right now..” She replied, pursing her lips into a tight line. “Where is he right now?” He pushed her to continue, just hoping the lucky man to be with her isn’t one of his eleven best friends. “He’s sitting right in front of me…” She smiled.

                                                                                             

 


I felt like I should write something for Jongin's birthday :P
I'm sorry it's short and it .. 
I'VE BEEN STUDYING SEVEN HOURS STRIGHT FOR FINAL EXAMS... AHHH!! >,< (So much stress TT") 
Anyway, hope you like this oneshot/drabble 
^0^
Anneyong