Happy Late Anniversary

Forgetting

      You wake up to a light shining on your face. You look to your side to see and empty space. *Of course. Work on our 2 year anniversary!* you thought. While getting up from bed, your stomach growls.

 

''Why am I feeling hungry in this situation?'' You said outloud. You walked downstairs and made eggs and bacon. You finished eating and decided to call Myungsoo. He didn't pick up his phone, so you let out a big sigh. You heard the doorbell ring from the breakfast table.

 

You opened the door, and to your surprise, Woohyun, your childhood friend, came and bear-hugged you. He let go of you and exclaimed,'' HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LITTLE ONE~'' ''Woohyun, you don't need to scream so loud..You'll wake the neighbors up.''

 

Woohyun looked at you with a sorry look and said softly, ''Oops, sorry.... but still.. Happy Anniversary!'' You giggled and told him, ''Thank you so much oppa. At least you seem to remember this memorable date.''

 

Woohyun's face dropped and asked,'' What do you mean? Did something happen?'' You looked away and sighed. He knew exactly what you were thinking. ''He will come back from work. Don't worry; I am sure he remembers,'' Woohytun tried to persuade you.

 

You thanked him. He greasy smile lit his bright face up, and handed you chocalate truffles filled with caramel. You looked at him and joked, ''I should have married you instead, right Woohyun?'' 

 

Woohyun gasped and told you,''Yah! If Myungsoo heard, he would have killed me with his bare hands!'' You laughed and said,''Just kidding! But thanks oppa.'' Woohyun stood up,''I'm going see the guys. I will catch up with you later soon. Have a good anniversary! Call if anything happens, okay?''

 

You nodded and walked him to the door. ''Bye Woohyun! See you soon!'' He threw you his famous namu heart, making you giggle uncontrollably.

 

After Woohyun left, you looked at the time. ''Oh my, 4PM already?!'' You ran upstairs and took a twenty minutue shower. You got out of the shower and wore a loose sweater with shorts and tied your hair up in a high pony tail after drying it. 

 

Walking out of the bathroom, you jumped into you and Myungsoo's bed. You sighed and played around with your phone. You got bored again so you the TV, but none of the variety shows made you laugh or smile.

 

You thought, *Did he really forget? Am I not that important or is he just busy with work like the usual? You can't doubt Myungsoo so easily..Just wait for him.*

 

You decided to lay down and read a book to kill some more of the extra time. You fell asleep during you reading session with the book still in your hands.

 

 

 It was 10PM when Myungsoo came home. His eyes were filled with tiredness and his face yelled out fatigue. He lazily walked upstairs, and headed to yours and his bedroom. He opened the door quietly and found you asleep; your book on your covered stomach.

 

Myungsoo looked over you confusingly. Usually, you would be up until twelve, but you're actually sleeping early. *Maybe had a rough day..* He loosened up his black tie and slipped his blazer off his shoulders. 

 

He grabbed a pair of his boxers before proceeding to take shower in the master bathroom. You woke up to the sound of him opening and closing the shower doors. You yawned softly and glanced at your surroundings.

 

You waited for him to finish washing up. Playing with your fingers, you nervously thought about the anniversary. ''Maybe forgetting about it is best. I don't want to stress him out after a long week of work..''

 

You pretended that you were never depressed or hurt from earlier and waved at him when the door opened. ''You're up?'' 

 

''Mhm.'' Your arms reached out to him and he bent down to give you a warm, shirtless hug. ''How was your day?'' You asked softly against his head.

 

''Same old meetings and people. Nothing new happened. How was yours, honey?'' He let go of you and slipped under the same covers as you. 

 

''Woohyun came visit and I just lazied around the entire day,'' you smoothly lied. You wanted to badly remind him about the anniversary, but he didn't seem to take notice.

 

''Are you tired?'' 

 

He nodded and put his head on your shoulder while tangling his legs around yours under the sheets. ''So tired. I'm taking a day off tomorrow. I want to get some sleep and then have alone time with you in the garden or something.'' 

 

''Sounds great. Well, goodnight Myung..'' You pecked his crown and closed your eyes, snuggling into his arms. ''Goodnight honey.'' He kissed your shoulder and shut his eyes. 

 

*I guess there will be no anniversary celebration..*

 

--

 

''Baby..wake up..'' Myungsoo mumbled. 

 

You stirred in your sleep and groaned inaudibly. ''Just five more minutes Myung..''

 

''I already gave you two more five minute. Go wash up and I'll make breakfast for you.'' You got up with his help. ''You sure you can make breakfast?''

 

''Yeah, I'm positive. It doesn't involve any type of flame.'' He smiled goofily and left the room. ''Pft, dork.'' You ruffled your tangled be hair while walking to the bathroom.

 

--

 

''Myung!'' You called from your closet. You didn't know where your favorite sheer blouse was and you were positive it was hanging on the rack two days ago. 

 

''Yes?'' Hearing his footsteps, you opened your closet door and saw him with an apron around his waist. He looked so vulnerable and charming in it and it just made you want to hug him.

 

''Do you know where my blouse is? I can't find it and I want to wear it so badly.'' 

 

''Did you try looking in your room?'' He walked in and his eyes travelled to what you were wearing. You were wearing a black spaghetti strapped tank top with short shorts. With black being his favorite color, he was slightly , but he refrained himself for doing anything to scare you. 

 

''Ah! I should have thought about that,'' your eyes widened just slightly and you exited out of the closet with Myungsoo trailing behind. He had already finished breakfast and he was actually on his way to get you when you had called out for him. 

 

Yes, you had your own room when you and Myungsoo first moved in. You weren't comfortable sleeping in the same bed as him the very first two months of marriage. No, it was not an arranged marriage. 

 

You had met him through a mutual friend at a restaurant. You remembered the day so clearly. He was dressed in a tux while you were wearing a midnight blue midi dress with your hair in a tight bun. When your friend introduced him to you, you felt your heartbeating faster, but it was out of nervousness. 

 

After the dinner at that restaurant, you and Myungsoo exchanged numbers and planned to meet every so often. During the night though, Myungsoo was mysterious and didn't talk as much, but when you started talking to him, he slowly opened a bit of himself up. 

 

During those meet-ups, you gradullay started to fall for him. He, at first, did not feel the same way. It took you a while to not think about giving up, and with Myungsoo's confession, you were delighted and couldn't have asked for a more charming person. 

 

''Yay!'' You took it off of your hanger and closed the door to the closet. ''Thanks Myung! Without you, I wouldn't have thought of looking in here.'' 

 

''Duh, that's why you can't live without me.'' Your eyes travelled up to his and you flashed a warm eyesmile at him. He returned it and pulled you into a hug. ''Morning honey.''

 

''Morning Myung..'' He kissed your forehead and told you to come down and eat before getting ready. You followed him down the stairs to the flat. The flat was pretty much a white theme with black thrown here and there. It was all thanks to you since you designed the layout and furniture. 

 

''Aw this is so cute.'' You pointed at the bowl of fruit yogurt cereal with a plate of oranges and banana slices right next to it. 

 

''Thank you,'' you sat down and hugged his waist since he was standing right next to you, watching you pour the milk inside the bowl. 

 

''Eat well young one. We have an exciting day ahead of us.'' You nodded happily and ate your breakfast. ''Are we going to the cherry blossom garden?''

 

''Yeah. Why?'' 

 

''Oh, no reason. I just wanted to know what to wear.'' 

 

''Wear the blouse that you just found with tight leggings and the oxfords Saera bought you,'' he advised. Exactly why having a fashionista boyfriend was a pro. He knew exactly what to wear for every season, day, and night. 

 

''Okay.'' You finished your breakfast after a few minutes of conversing with him. 

 

--

 

''Why am I blindfolded?' You asked for the second time. He had blindfolded you in the car when he reached the garden. ''You'll love it. Just wait a bit.'' 

 

He was guiding you somewhere's but obviously you didn't know where since your sight was blocked by a piece of cloth. No wonder he told you not to wear any eyeshadow or black mascara. He was afraid your make-up would be ruined. *Aw so thoughtful. But why am I blindfolded?!*

 

He stopped walking, making you stop too. You felt his arm let go of you and you panicked. ''Wait, Myung, where are you going?'' ''Don't worry, everything is okay..'' He whispered from behind. You calmed down but your heart was still beating. 

 

After standing all alone with no knowledge of where you were standing, you fidgeted and played with your fingers nervously. 

 

A hand untied the blind fold and your eye sight was blurry for a couple of seconds before your vision was focused and you gasped. 

 

In front of you was your friends all lined up, each person holding a two letters. ''H A P P Y L A T E A N N I V E R S A R Y''

 

You felt your eyes watering but you blinked quickly to stop the burning sensation. ''Guys?''

 

A finger tapped your shoulder and you swiftly turned around. There he was, your lovely husband with a bouquet of blue carnations. 

 

You immediately threw your arms around his neck, which took him by surprise. 

 

Because of his fast reflexes, the flowers weren't crushed with your body crashing into his. ''Thank you so so so much Myung..'' 

 

''Hey, I'm sorry..'' He shooed the others away and they all dispersed to a different part of the garden. 

 

''For what?''

 

''For forgetting about our special anniversary yesterday. I really am sorry. Truthfully I forgot about it because of work.'' His arms made their way to your back and hugged you closer. 

 

Tears rolled down your cheek and you sniffed. ''I forgive you.. It's just.. I was really hurt yesterday and you never returned any of my calls or texts.'' 

 

''I really am sorry, baby..'' He took his free hand and rubbed the back of your head affectionately. ''I love you.'' 

 

''I love you too,'' you replied back, smiling a bit shyly. 

 

--