20121127

Your Voice

So... Today is the big day. I know what he wants, yet I still don't know what to do! I guess I'll have to call him then. This will be our first phone call if it's successful. Gah, I'm so nervous. Wait, I just lost my cellphone. So how-...? Ah... There's a telephone booth nearby the house. What if I just don't call him? I'll just tell him that I don't have the time.

Ugh... I just can't! I have to grant his wish.

 
I entered the telephone booth. I took out a folded piece of paper out of my pocket. Written there is Chanyeol's cellphone number. I dug inside my pocket again and took out a coin. Pressing the cold buttons made my heart race. Hearing the dial tone even made breathing difficult to do. I hope he doesn't get caught by their manager. My heart abruptly skipped a beat when the dial tone stopped. I figured that someone already answered the call. But I heard no voice on the line.
 
"H-Hello?" Wah... Even talking is hard to do!
 
I waited patiently, but there was no response. I spoke again, hoping for an answer.
 
"Hello? Is this Chanyeol?" I heard a heavy shaky sigh before the voice came.
 
"Where are you?" The voice cracked a bit. It's him.
 
"U-Um... In a telephone booth near my house." All there's left was silence. This is making me uneasy. So awkward!
 
"Yeol, are you sure about this? Your manager might catch you if-"
 
"Just stay there. Don't go anywhere else."
 
"Huh? W-Wait, Chanyeol-"
 
Click.
 
Did he just hang up on me? Was he not happy to hear me? But that was his birthday wish, right? To hear my voice. I don't get it. Oh right, he might be busy because their comeback is fast approaching. Or maybe he got caught by the manager or the other members. The thoughts swirled endlessly in my mind making me dizzy. I stood still, still gripping on the receiver. My knees weakened. I let go of the receiver and dropped to my knees. A heavy disappointed sigh escaped my lips. Worry followed. I wasn't able to find peace in my heart.
 
There was no telling how long I was in there. Until a shadow blocked the moonlight that lit the booth. I looked up. A familiar figure approached the door. He cupped his hands on the glass, peeked, and knocked on it. A teethy smile that is so gentle came on his face.
 
I shot up, dumbfounded. My heartbeat gradually became faster as he opened the door. He came up to me slowly, still wearing his smile. As I unconsciously reached for his cheek, the gentle teethy smile slowly vanished. His brows furrowed a bit. His sleepy-looking eyes closed as I caressed his warm cheek. His slightly cold hand rested on top of mine and kissed it gently as if it was fragile.
 
I could feel tears streaming down my face. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, touching. It was too good to be true. Chanyeol returned his gaze at me as he heard me . I let go of his hand and tried to hide my tears. I don't want him to see me crying. It's his birthday! No crying is allowed! The emotion on his face shifted again.
 
"Wha-...? Why are you crying?!"
 
"I-I'm not crying!" I said so, but tears just kept on running down.
 
"Yes, you are." His teethy grin showed up again. And I can't resist that, which made my heart sink much worse.
 
He cupped my face with his now warm hands. I got swallowed by the look of his eyes. His reassuring smile brought my tears to a stop.
 
"Hey, don't cry..." He whispered as he ran his fingers through my hair. Tucked it behind my ears.
 
"S-Sorry... I'm just so happy to s-"
 
And there I was silenced by his lips. The kiss was slow, gentle. But it still made my heart race. The kiss eventually became deeper.  I found it difficult to breathe. He somewhat reeked of alcohol. Did they drink at the dorm? I felt dizzy. But I still wanted more. More of his smiles, more of his touches, more of his kisses, more of him. I want him all for myself. I should be the one making him extra happy today because it's his birthday. But I think it turned the other way around now.