After school

YG High School Host Club

“Class dismissed.” Gummy seongsaeng-nim announced, and the sounds of chairs scraping the french tiles came as the students rushed to the exit.

 

Yukwon stood up, stuffing his Ipod into his bag and headed to the exit. Rinn quickly pushed all her belongings into her knapsack and panicked when she saw Yukwon passing by her already.

 

“Yukwon!” she called, but Yukwon was already in front, taking a slip of paper from Gummy seongsaeng-nim and strode towards the exit. She quickly flung the bag over her shoulder and ran towards Yukwon.

 

“Yukwon!!” she called again, patting his shoulder as she reached him. Yukwon turned around to look at her, but Rinn couldn't tell what his expression was. She couldn't even tell whether he was angry or sad or happy. He was just so mysterious.

 

“Uh...” Rinn blanked out. “Are you angry? I mean, at me?” she asked. Yukwon's eyebrows scrunched in confusion, but it freaked Rinn out even more. To her, it made him seem very angry.

 

Yukwon was about to say, “Why should I be angry?”, but he held himself. A thought came into his mind. I might just be able to manipulate this person.

 

“What do you think? Now I'm forced to clean Gummy seongsaeng-nim's drama club's storeroom. And I hate that place.” he said. Rinn started to hyperventilate.

 

She face palmed herself so loud that Yukwon winced. “I'm always bringing trouble to everyone!” she wailed, and when she was about to face palm herself again, Yukwon grabbed her wrist.

 

“Don't do that.” he said, his eyes wincing, imagining the pain. “Okay, listen. You'll help me to clean the storeroom. And I'll pretend that I was never angry at you...” Yukwon said as Rinn looked up hopefully at him, already feeling better.

 

“But,” he said, a mischevious smile turned up. I hate that that look, Rinn thought as she started feeling cautious. Oh, how she hated that word!

 

“... You are my servant from now on. And you do whatever I say. For... umm... as long as I say so.” he said. Rinn sighed. “Oh gawd, that wasn't as bad as I thought.” she mumbled.

 

“What?” Yukwon asked. “I thought you want me to make you laugh, or sleep on nails, or jump on fire, or swim across a pool, or do something illegal. You know, that sort of impossible stuff.” she said.

 

Yukwon considered her words for a while, and suddenly he laughed. Rinn freaked out even more. It was already impossible to see him with any expression, but now he was laughing? And it wasn't even the cold and sarcastic kind of laugh, it was the thigh-slapping kind of laugh.

 

And for a minute, Rinn thought he looked really good laughing. Like, his aura was suddenly a thousand times lighter.

 

“I didn't know I was so hard to laugh. And you can't swim? Fine, fine, I won't make you do those things you said was impossible. But...” he said, leaning his chin on Rinn's shoulder, “I might consider the doing illegal part. You know, maybe sometimes I need you to.” he said, chuckling.

 

Rinn thought again. “Hmm... If I really have to skip school, come home late, not finish homework... I guess... as long as the illegal part doesn't make me expelled from school...” she said cautiously.

 

An imaginary crow flew across his head. How could she be anymore innocent than he thought?

 

“Okay, and my conditions. You are never allowed to tell anyone about this. If not, I might be angry at you. Forever. And I might make you do something else.” he said, crossing his arms in finality.

 

“Deal.” Rinn said, exhaling, feeling tons better. “Okay, so our conditions are settled. One last thing to do...” he said, stepping closer to her. Caught off guard, he lightly pecked her lips.

 

“Sealed with a kiss.” he said, smiling to himself proudly. Expecting Rinn to be surprised, or at least shy, she actually looked okay.

 

“Oh, I get it. Here.” she said, leaning towards Yukwon and giving him a peck on the cheek too. Instead of Rinn being surprised, he was. He felt for his cheek, blushing.

 

“Now it's officially sealed.” Rinn said. Yukwon inwardly sighed. She has sooo much more to learn, he thought, but he was smiling, thinking how cute it was for her to be so clueless.

 

“Uhm... let's... just go to the drama club.” Yukwon said, lowering his head, hoping Rinn wouldn't see his smile getting wider, though he knew Rinn probably didn't knew what she was doing to him.

 

Once Yukwon opened the door to the drama club's storeroom, Rinn sneezed. It was very dusty, as if it was untouched for years. The storeroom was spacious, but filled with everything from masks, costumes, boxes to stage props, snow machines and fake gold.

 

Yukwon pushed the fake snakes away from his face that were hanging from above. “Okay, get to work.” he said, sitting down on a director's chair. Rinn turned to face him. “What are you doing there? You said get to work.” she said.

 

“Ehem, no. You get to work. The master stays here and rest, remember, servant?” he asked, crossing his arms. Rinn sighed exasperatedly. “Oh. Sorry, I forgot.” she apologized as she started off with the first batch of costumes on the moving rack.

 

After a few minutes, Yukwon started to regret for calling Rinn to do everything. He's starting to get bored. He went over to where Rinn was. She was looking at a dress, holding it up as she did so.

 

“What's that?” Yukwon asked. Rinn quickly stuffed the dress into the chest labelled 'Shakespear'. “N- nothing. Just Juliet's dress.” she said as she dived into the humongous pile of clothes, finding the next one to be put into the 'Shakespear' chest.

 

Yukwon fished out the dress from the chest, and pulled Rinn out from the pile. He shoved the dress into her arms. “Go change.” he said, gesturing to the curtains nearby.

 

“But-” Rinn wanted to protest, but Yukwon crossed his arms and pretended to look angry. Rinn froze as she shrinked into her collared uniform.

 

“I- I'll go change...” she smiled meekly as she retreated into the curtains. Yukwon inwardly smiled. Cute, he thought.

 

He walked further into the drama store room and accidentally stepped on something. He bent down and picked up the item.

 

It was a couple wool glove. “Heh. Must have been one of the props for Winter Sonata.” Yukwon thought to himself as he looked at it.

 

“KYAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!” Rinn's cry startled Yukwon. He quickly stuffed the glove into his pocket and ran towards the curtains, just in time for Rinn to run out of there and crash into Yukwon.

 

But she crashing into him didn't stop her from running away. Annoyed, Yukwon grabbed her hand to hold her still. “What the hell is wrong??” he grunted, trying to stand up, feeling dizzy.

 

“C- COCKROACHHHHESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!” Rinn squealed, trying to run away again, but Yukwon steadied his grip, standing up and pulling her towards the curtain. “NOOO!” Rinn cried, struggling to pull away.

 

Yukwon pulled away the curtains to see a fat bug on the floor, moving its feelers about. Nonchalantly, he stepped on it, a disgustingly gruesome crunch sounded.

 

“There, dead.” he said. “It was scary when it wasn't dead okay?” Rinn pouted, crossing her arms as she looked at the disgusting splat on the ground.

 

Yukwon smirked, feeling sastified as he looked at Rinn. “So you changed into the costume?” he asked.

 

Rinn almost forgot she was wearing a victorian dress. She blushed. She always wished to wear nice dresses when she was young, but her dad never managed to buy one for her, and appearance never really mattered to her anyway.

 

“Umm... yeah. I mean, you were the one who forced me to wear!!” Rinn complained. “That's called being obedient. Good girl.” he complimented, patting her head while smiling at her.

 

For a moment, Rinn caught herself looking at him smiling again, and hoped the smile would stay. It was as if his smile had melted away his cold self, and something about it took her breath away.

 

Yukwon suddenly smirked, and leaned closer to her. “Caught you staring.” he said triumphantly. Rinn stumbled back in shock as she woke up from her thoughts, but she her legs got tangled as she fell back.

 

Rinn clumsily flailed about in the air and pulled Yukwon's tie by accident. “WOAAH!” Yukwon exclaimed as he landed on top of Rinn. She winced under his weight.

 

Then suddenly, Rinn felt weird. Yukwon was staring at her, with the same old mischevous smile lingering on his lips, and it made her heart... race.

 

“Nervous?” he asked, as he slowly leaned in. Rinn tried to look away, but she couldn't move. She could only look on as he slowly laid his lips on hers, pressing on it lightly. Her brain instantly blanked out.

 

“Ah?” Yukwon chuckled to himself as he saw Rinn remained still. “What... was that?” she asked, blinking her eyes.

 

Then suddenly, a flash caught their attention. The figure immediately ran away. Yukwon immediately stood up and ran after the person. Rinn sat upright, still unable to comprehend what was happening to her.

 

Yukwon caught up to the person and yanked his collar. “What are you doing here?!” Yukwon menaced, shaking the boy by his collar.

 

“I- I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean...”  the boy stammered as he handed over his phone. Yukwon took it and looked at the picture. He smirked.

 

“Well, that looked pretty good.” he mused as he sent the picture to his phone, then deleted it on the boy's phone.

 

“Be gone and shut up if you want to live. I mean it.” Yukwon said, and walked off.  “And,” Yukwon added, “Tell my mom I'm never coming back. Don't keep her hopes up.” he said. The boy nodded in fright then fled.

 

Yukwon went back to search for Rinn, but she wasn't there. Only the victorian dress that she wore before was left lying on the floor. “How did she esca- ohhhhhhh.” Yukwon realized as he looked at the emergency door left open.

 

He looked at the picture on his phone. And he had an awesome idea. And this time its foolproof.