Reason # 2 : Because you know me well

Reasons for a Love Song

"okay. Here's the fare!"

Kyuhyun threw 50 dollars onto the driver not bothering for a change as he get off the stuck vehicle without second thought.



He reached Sungmin's place 45 minutes later, almost gasping for breath, he rang the bell and called out.

"Min~ It's me..." Kyuhyun gasped. He was never an athletic person, running wasn't his thing and it took too much of his body stamina and time to run like that.

Cursing himself for running like hell, he rang the door bell again, his patience running on a thin line.

"OPEN IT YOURSELF, YOU KNOW THE PASSWORD!"

He heard Sungmin's voice cracking and he was pissed off, he's not really in the mood to be ordered around.

"LEE SUNGMIN! I RAN ALL THE WAY HERE FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!" He shouted getting the attention of the passersby near Sungmin's unit.

After a while and still there wasn't a reply he was convinced to cause more commotion when he heard the door lock click open and the door opened ever so slightly as a bundle of black locks peered on to him.

Kyuhyun's annoyance dispersed as he saw Lee Sungmin's puffy doe eyes, indicating that his bestfriend cried longer than necessary. He let himself in without further ado, his knees hurting through all that unnecessary exercise but determined not to blurt out all his discomforts. He'll let Sungmin's scolding pass for now.

"Kyu~" Sungmin cried flinging his arms around Kyuhyun, wrapping his legs to his poor waist and buried his face by the crook of the tall man's neck.

Kyuhyun felt his bestfriend's weight, his knees threatening to buckle as he hold onto the shoe rack beside the door for support.

"Ugh-! Min- Please get down... you know I can't carry you since you're too fat."

"Am not fat!" He can almost guess that the smaller (yet fat, to Kyuhyun's amusement) man clinging unto him like a koala pouting. "What took you so long?"

"Uh - Because of heavy traffic and I ran just to get here..." Kyuhyun murmured against Sungmin's ears. "and please, can we sit down, and perhaps be kind enough to give me a drink..."

Sungmin raised his head from the other's neck and Kyuhyun guessed right. Sungmin's pouting.

"Carry me, to the kitchen." Sungmin said batting his eyelashes.

Groaning to the now unbearable weight, by Kyuhyun's opinion. He rummaged his head of something that would keep his bestfriend away from him for a while.

Though, he admits that it's a little bit disturbing?

Kyuhyun faked a long moan and then groaned.

"Min... I just got laid and I did not shower or change my-"

"YUCK!"

Sungmin almost instantly let go, not caring if he'll stumble or fall down.

"CHO KYUHYUN YOU'RE SO GROSS!"

Kyuhyun bit his lips suppressing his laughter. "You're so heavy, I need to do that to get you off of me."

Sungmin stood up glaring at his bestfriend. " bastard~!" Sungmin cursed stomping his feet going towards the kitchen.

"Oh you know me too well babe..." Kyuhyun chuckled following Sungmin's wake.




Sungmin opened the fridge and put out a chilled red wine on the counter, still glaring at the approaching Kyuhyun who looked at the wine and unconsciously his lips.

"What's the occasion?" the taller male asked sitting at one of the counter's chair.

"There's no occasion dammit!" Sungmin spat holding out the wine glass from the cup board. "And as much as I hate your cocky attitude, you're my bestfriend and you're the only one I'll bother to drink red wine with.

Kyuhyun laughed at his bestfriend's attitude.

"I thought you had a problem... what is it then?" Kyuhyun said impatiently tapping the counter table using the wine glass, he was too tired and he just wanted this retort to get over, but it seems like his bestfriend whose face fell when he mentioned the problem had bigger issues going on in that bunny brain of his.

The whining and tantrums wasn't there like the usual. The other guy was preparing snacks slowly, taking his time as every now and then he gaze off.

Lee Sungmin sighed, stuffed the popcorn bag into the microwave and looked sternly at Kyuhyun.

"I'm lonely Kyu..." he whispered pouring a unacceptable large amount of wine taking Kyuhyun aback when he shove it down his throat.

"What-the-..." Kyuhyun gasped. "What are you doing? You know you can't drink too much?!"

Sungmin didn't respond and just turned around to take the already popped popcorn, place it in a transparent glass bowl and took his wine glass.

"My room. Now."

*


Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Sungmin's already tipsy, lying in bed while his bestfriend rested his head on his neck. Leaning with his back against Kyuhyun's chest, entangling their feets, singing a song that Kyuhyun swore to God he'll want to strangle Sungmin if the little bunny was not drunk.

"Kyuhyun~you son of a  -hic- "

"Sungmin stop that irritating song or I'll leave you." Kyuhyun growled. "You've been saying I'm a bastard for 3 hours already I'm tired of it."

Sungmin stopped looked at Kyuhyun with a pout and then wipe his blurring eye like a child. "kyuhyunnie~ you don't want to be with me too?"

Kyuhyun sighed then patted Sungmin's head gently smiling as he spoke. "You know I want to... but please enough with the ' bastard already'"

"But you are a ho-"

"Stop it!"

Sungmin pouted then resumed to laying on Kyuhyun's chest.

"Kyu~ what's wrong with me? Am I not lovable." Sungmin sobbed for the nth time already and Kyuhyun sighed for the same number of times also.

"I've told you a million times already, stop liking someone the first time you met them and don't have with them after just one date." Kyuhyun scolded hi9m and Sungmin sobbed harder. Feeling sorry, the brunette removed the wine glass from his bestfriend's limp hand and hold on to it instead, entangling his fingers on Sungmin's.

Sungmin pouted pounding his and Kyuhyuns hand on his lap. "Teach me how you do it then..."

Kyuhyun looked at the other puzzled. "What?" he muttered and the other just smiled again.

"Teach me not to be in love and just have one night stands."



Kyuhyun growled. Indeed he never seriously take a relationship. He was satisfied with just pleasures and fulfilling his ual frustrations but it seems like he's still far from enough, unlike his bestfriend.

Lee Sungmin is a hopeless romantic, despite the snappy attitude. The kind of person who believed in the myths of love. He expectd too much from persons he meet and then fall in love, they made love (as Sungmin so eagerly insisted.) and then the guy left after that. Sungmin seemed to be a good for those bastards though he's a guy, maybe because he's a hundred times more beautiful than most girls.

He may not be too petite but his waist and thighs were a killer. His skin is too smooth for his own good, his big doe eye shouts innocence and his m-shaped lips are to die for.

Cho Kyuhyun can see all this and even though he's a playboy, he didn't want his bestfriend to be tricked by bastards like him, those who hurt Lee Sungmin die in the hands of Cho Kyuhyun (Not literally though.)

One of Sungmin's so called 'Love' previously worked at Kyuhyun's company and the moment Kyuhyun knew about what he did, his life as a manager ended.

Sungmin kept looking at Kyuhyun anticipatedly and the latter just petted his hair laughing. "You can't do that, you're too soft."

"Such a mean bastard." Sungmin cursed letting go of Kyuhyun's hand harshly and returned to his previous position against Kyuhyun's chest. Playing with the hem of his shirt, he whispered. "kyu, do you think I'm better off as a girl?"

Kyuhyun looked at him incredulously. "NO?! EEEWWW." the taller of the two laughed. "I mean, you're better looking than most girls, why'd you even want to be one.

"Because maybe if I'm one, I'd be taken seriously..." Sungmin sighed. "I don't want to be one either... I mean being a girl is too much trouble and if I'm one... you might've tried to screw me up already."

Kyuhyun's expression fell in surprise and then after a few seconds of looking like a deer in the headlights he laughed audibly. "That's the reason why you don't want to be a girl?! That's just -" the younger man couldn't continue the sentence and Sungmin's gaping drunk face didn't help to quench Kyuhyun's laughter.

"You're so annoying! I don't even remember why you ended up as my bestfriend. I hate you!" Sungmin growled clasping his hands on Kyuhyun's neck and feigning to strangle Kyuhyun.

"Hahaha. Min..." Kyuhyun gasped out of breath. "Why'd do you not want to sleep with me, you have to admit, I'm quite appealing..."

"Yuck! No." Sungmin shouted. "It's because you're a playboy, and knowing my personality of easily-being-lost-in-love-and-lust I would've fall in love the moment we met."

Kyuhyun stopped laughing by now and he looked at Sungmin gently pulling the other's hand away from his neck as he pulled the drunk bunny out of the bed.

"What are we doing?" Sungmin asked as the other took the stereo remote from the top of the drawer, clicked on their favorite jazz and pulled Sungmin closer slowly moving with the slow music.

"Why are we dancing when I'm drunk?" Sungmin giggled guiding the awkward dancer of a bestfriend Kyuhyun is.

"You know, if I have indeed slept with you, things might be different, you're my bestfriend after all..." Kyuhyun murmured against Sungmin's ears as the smaller man rested his head on Kyuhyun's chest.

"Nah. I prefer to be a guy. I like to stay with you without worrying about emotional attachments."

"ouch. Are you saying I'm not your type?"

"Exactly." Sungmin laugh at Kyuhyun's growl-like response. "And then you could stay with me without emotional attachments too."

Kyuhyun continued swaying to the music without even replying any more, he could feel Sungmin's weight unevenly on his arms and he was sure his bestfriend is starting to doze off.

"You can just care for me like that... we're friends after all..." Sungmin whispered in an almost inaudible, slurred speech.

Kyuhyun snickered catching Sungmin as the smaller man finally fell asleep, scooping with his free arm Sungmin's legs and carrying him to the bed, Kyuhyun can't help but smile.

"Stubborn Min, how many times would I have to say that 'friends' is an understatement, because you're the best."

 

 

To be continued

-Unbetaed. Sorry for the wrong grammars and unclear/ unexplained change of positions.
-I hope you like this. Even though it's cliche.