Birthday Party

Hating the Man I Like

 

Chapter 1
 
[Your POV]
 
Today is Wednesday. It was so fun last night, hanging out with your friends and clubbing. I wake up early at exact 7am. Whoa. I went to bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I barely open my eyes, I feel so sleepy. While brushing my teeth, on the other hand, I was checking my phone. After that, I prepared my breakfast. ‘Omurice’ for today’s breakfast, yummy! While eating my meal, I opened the television and watched my favorite variety show. 
 
 
In the middle of watching, my phone rang. “You’re so kyeopta” That’s my alarm tone. You checked your phone. “Let’s see what’s the occasion today.” And the screen says: “Its Yoona’s birthday! Get ready or you’ll be late.” OMO! I forgot. I immediately put my plate in the counter of the kitchen and went upstairs to get ready for Yoona’s birthday. I get my denim jacket with a black shirt inside and a printed jean.  
 
 
I get into the car and went to the venue. While on the way, I saw a cotton candy shop. “Cotton candy is one of Yoona’s all time favorite. We used to eat cotton candy when we’re still young.” So I bought one for her. After an hour, I arrived on the venue. Yoona is busy entertaining her visitors. 
 
 
Finally, she noticed me. “Hello Minyoung-ssi.” She greeted as she hugged me. “I miss you so much.”
“Happy Birthday!” I smiled and gave the cotton candy to her. “I’m sorry. I totally forgot that it’s your birthday today. I really didn’t mean to forget it. I rushed in coming here and yeah, while on the way I saw a cotton candy stalls and bought one for you.” I said.
 
 
She hugged me once again and said, “Its okay. Thanks for the cotton candy. I’ll enjoy eating this. By the way, I’ll introduce you to my friends.” Yoona called her friends. 
 
 
They’re walking towards us with a huge smile. The guy with a brown hair waved at me same as the guy beside him. I ignored them. “So Minyoung, this is Sunny. She’s one of my best friends at school. She’s nice.” She smiled and I shook hands with here. “It’s nice meeting you Sunny.”
 
 
“And this is Jo Youngmin & Jo Kwangmin. They’re twins. They’re nice too and they love having fun. Sometimes they don’t get along but they’re so cute when their together.” Yoona said. 
 
 
Youngmin held out his hands. “Please to meet you, Minyoung-ssi.” I shook hands with him. 
 
 
Kwangmin gave me a huge smile and said, “Nice meeting you.” Then he leaves us without saying ‘Goodbye’. Yoona spoke up, “He may be weird at times. Just be used to it.” Youngmin nodded and Sunny agreed too. 
 
 
“Let’s have a seat. I’ll just get you a plate, okay? Have fun talking with them. Wait for me.” Yoona left with Sunny. I’m on the table with Youngmin. Awkward atmosphere, here I go. 
 
 
Youngmin coughed. “Can you introduce yourself?” He asked. 
 
 
“I’m Oh Minyoung, 17 years old. I’ve been a working student in one of my mom’s company. I grew up with Yoona. She’s like my sister but when we turned 12, she needs to leave me and fly to America to study there but then she went back after 4 years.” I said, expressionless. 
 
 
“Ahh. I see, so you’re my chingu? Let’s just use informal language. It’s nice to meet you, Minyoung.” Youngmin smiled. 
 
 
“Okay then. I’ll warn you, I hate it.” I said. 
 
 
“You hate what?” He asked. 
 
 
“I hate being with guys so please don’t seat beside me. And besides, we’re not close.” I said rudely. 
 
 
Youngmin moved his chair backwards, “Sorry. I didn’t know that.” Good timing, Yoona went back carrying a tray with full of foods.” She called Kwangmin, “Kwangmin-ah, let’s eat.”
 
 
We share the same table. “Uhm, Minyoungie, how’s L.Joe?” Yoona asked. 
 
 
“Who’s L.Joe?” Youngmin asked. 
 
 
“It’s her boyfriend.” Youngmin was shocked when he heard that I have a boyfriend. 
 
 
“For your information, it’s EX- boyfriend. Please. I don’t want to lose my appetite. Let’s not talk about him.” I said and took a bite.